PSA Joyo Pedals 30% off today at coda music...

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    US dream, Sweet baby and deluxe crunch are exceptional, I'm comparing with Zendrive and Lovepedal Eternity

Agree with that The US Dream is a Riot (ish) and the Deluxe Crunch is a Plimsoul. Two of my fav pedals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12070
    just ordered duplicate EQ and compressor
    one EQ to scoop, one to boost mids. 2 compressors for lap steel work
    also a noise gate and a phaser - will compare with my phase 90 script reissue
  • US dream, Sweet baby and deluxe crunch are exceptional, I'm comparing with Zendrive and Lovepedal Eternity
    EQ is good, and compressor is excellent, I am ordering a second one of each of these 2
    I understand the vintage OD and Ultimate drive are also very good

I bought some of the 6-knob ones and was not impressed at all, they seemed to mess up the tone (i.e. make it sound cheaper)
    The phaser is great - I love it.

The ultimate drive is a super expensive hand made boutique pedal, dontcha know? http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pedals/130261-new-od-pedal-freekish-blues-alpha-drive-dumble-content.html
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Mine's fine but it's pretty much the only eq i've tried, so that's obviously pretty much zero help :)) It doens't have a separate level knob, if that's a problem (I know a lot of people like a level knob).

I've also heard some concerns about their build quality. For £20 you probably won't go too far wrong if you just want to try a specific pedal/circuit or are just duffing about at home, but I wouldn't buy one for any situation where I needed bomb-proof reliability either.

EDIT: postage seems to be £4. Probably still a bit cheaper than elsewhere (unless you get from e.g. china), but it's not as good a deal as it was. :))
    Free to the UK on the sweet baby overdrive I had in my cart. 
    Interesting. Thanks for the heads-up. Trying hard not to get the US dream. :)) I'll not get too excited, though, as they say postage is extra to NI- but hopefully they maybe just send pedals by Royal Mail.
    Screw it, I went for the US dream, I got the free postage too. :)) Thanks for the heads up @streethawk :)
    tFB Trader
    You won't regret it, they are great. 
    edited December 2013
    Thanks. Yeah I have a bunch of their other ones. I got the hot plexi and sweet baby for ~£18 each from China IIRC, back when I got a bunch of mooers too that time marcmart had the deals on. But they were out of stock of the US dream. The sweet baby is very nice but I'm not entirely sure what to use it for, but the hot plexi is really nice indeed. Maybe my favourite marshall in a box pedal i've tried.

I've heard some complaints about build quality from people who build pedals who've opened them, but I figure I can't go far wrong for £25. I'm not going to say they're built well, but my other joyos have held up so far. Admittedly that's only home use. :))
    tFB Trader
    My experience is they are either DOA, or tend to be fine. 

That's what I've heard too, in the main. Though one of the guys I know on another forum had a working one and opened his up recently for some reason, and said it was bodged together, a rush job basically.
  • P.S: thanks for the heads-up, bigdawg. :)
    deal still there on the website
  • I didnt get charged for postage on the £20 one...

just tickedthe box that said free postage during checkout.

That damn SG is still there though..
  • bugger that was one expensive pedal order.... (with a free SG for christmas!).... ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one, bigdawg. :)
  • im still waiting for the AC Tone but just received this...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Nice :D

Yeah I was hoping mine might turn up this morning, but it didn't. Will be hopefully here on Monday.
  • as it turned out the pedal arrived the same day just a bit later - amd what a great sounding pedal the AC Tone is - gets a bit noisy on full whack (the voice and gain knobs) but very happy with it.
    US Dream turned up today. Only had a quick play with it, but it seems quite nice. Assuming it doesn't die (possibly a fairly big assumption :)) ) it's pretty nice for £25.
    noise gate crackles every time it switches on
    Phase is noisy if it is first pedal switched on, seems to need another pedal ahead of it
    compressor and EQ excellent
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013
    @ToneControl, first dibs if you ever want to get rid of your spare compressor. :)