SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD!! [finally...] Hughes & Kettner Puretone 25w combo w/Celestion Vintage 30

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Congratulations.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Such a shame this was a hard push - such a brill amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    McToot said:
    ^^ Lol awarded.  

I mean seriously, that's like saying the reason people aren't buying your super high-quality track-day racing car (for a very fair price) are because it doesn't have aircon or electric windows or isn't in metallic pearl...

My point is that a single channel combo amp without an effects loop or even a built-in reverb is very much a one-trick pony and this statement applies to many of the so-called 'boutique' amps on the market. Sure, the tone may be great but in a band situation you need versatility and  all you can do with this combo is to adjust the treble, mid and bass response but the basic tone will remain the same no matter what you do. For example, if you set it up for a nice rock lead tone then that is what you will get. However, if your band wants to play a nice ballad immediately after the rock number then it will sound pretty naff playing nice arpeggio chords with a rock lead tone. I guess the lack of a buyer so far probably reflects the fact that most players want a versatile multi-channel amp or combo with reverb as a minimum to give the basic tone some depth and space.
    What a load of cobblers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom