EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'm still undecided…
    I'm not finding it easy to see through the scare mongering and BS from both camps
    it feels like trying to predict the weather in three months time
    the only thing I know is that it won't be winter
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    edited May 2016
    p90fool said:
    RandallFlagg;1088050" said:
    Out. People are thinking to deep on this
    Really? I think the vast majority on both sides are seriously under thinking this. It's a hugely complex global economic issue, but all we're left with is two camps, Scared of Change and Closet Racist.

Hardly anyone in the general population is qualified to make any kind of informed decision on this.

Exactly, too many unknowns so go with the basics. Restore border control, sovereignty and state control of law, keep our money in our pockets or carry on as we are. Keep it simple. There may be potentially unknown consequences for leaving, sure, but do we not have the tenacious ability to react and create solutions to mitigate those issues? Of course we do. The majority of NHS trusts are descending into financial meltdown as they simply cannot cope with the burgeoning demands. Hardly a surprise with net migration at +330,000. It's out of control. I resent having to pay more tax to fix the NHS issue when part of the solution needed is to control the increasing demand, so I am taking a decision to vote for that control.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    I've been thinking....  Given how desperate the Govt are to get us to vote IN, with the ridiculous 'campaign fear' they're conducting, does anyone else think it may not be beyond them to nobble the result if it goes the wrong way for them ?

I don't trust them as far as I can throw them... and that's all politicians, not just Tories.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    Clarky said:
    I'm still undecided…
    I'm not finding it easy to see through the scare mongering and BS from both camps
    it feels like trying to predict the weather in three months time
    the only thing I know is that it won't be winter
    Neither set of politicians is coming out of this well. It's inevitable that they focus on emotive issues rather than the core, misrepresent statistics, and rubbish each other's statements. It isn't helping their credibility with the general public.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73026
    edited May 2016
    Exactly, too many unknowns so go with the basics. Restore border control, sovereignty and state control of law, keep our money in our pockets or carry on as we are. Keep it simple. There may be potentially unknown consequences for leaving, sure, but do we not have the tenacious ability to react and create solutions to mitigate those issues? Of course we do.

The majority of NHS trusts are descending into financial meltdown as they simply cannot cope with the burgeoning demands. Hardly a surprise with net migration at +330,000. It's out of control. I resent having to pay more tax to fix the NHS issue when part of the solution needed is to control the increasing demand, so I am taking a decision to vote for that control.

This is not a go at you personally - more at the whole Leave campaign's attempt to over-simplify a very complex question. If you do that, you tend to get the wrong answers.

The problem with blaming the EU for the effect of immigration is that EU migration is a net tax contributor. It's the non-EU migration which is the drain on the NHS and other resources.

So if you vote Leave you make the problem worse not better, even if you could somehow reduce non-EU immigration to as close to zero as you can… which isn't possible anyway.

I see Boris and Gove (who should know better) have jumped on the 'because immigration' bandwagon now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    edited May 2016
    Here's the latest count in our straw poll. I think the point is proven but if anyone would like to add their vote here's the link

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    If we get a vote like that in the real referendum, how's about partitioning the country down the middle (or across the middle?) so that them that want to be in (or out of) the EU can move to their preferred partition?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    poll link still doesnt work for me.  comes up with an error message on trying to load.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    If we get a vote like that in the real referendum, how's about partitioning the country down the middle (or across the middle?) so that them that want to be in (or out of) the EU can move to their preferred partition?
    How about instead of VOTING to leave the EU those who want to can ACTUALLY leave the EU. They can go and live in South Africa or Dubai with other people just like them, whiling away their time at Jim Davidson shows.

That way we all win.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited May 2016
    p90fool said:
    How about instead of VOTING to leave the EU those who want to can ACTUALLY leave the EU. They can go and live in South Africa or Dubai with other people just like them, whiling away their time at Jim Davidson shows.

That way we all win.
    How about those who want to remain up sticks and go and live in the EU. It's not far and there's a choice of countries and climates. We could do with the spare housing, NHS capacity and as they are clearly a brain dead bunch who think living under a undemocratic dictatorship is a good idea - we won't miss them .. :-)

And take David Cameron with you ... he loves Tuscany.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    p90fool said:

That way we all win.
    You are suuuuuuuuucchhhhhh a dickhead.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Out. i flipped a coin.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Actuall I saw sambostars comment on the page and flipped back to IN
    Fretwired;1089538" said:
    p90fool said:

Phil_aka_Pip said:

That way we all win.

How about those who want to remain up sticks and go and live in the EU. It's not far and there's a choice of countries and climates. We could do with the spare housing, NHS capacity and as they are clearly a brain dead bunch who think living under a undemocratic dictatorship is a good idea - we won't miss them .. :-)

I have, half a dozen or more times, it's one of the reasons I like the EU. Whining about immigration is just stupid, we're just as entitled to go and live in Provence as anyone else us to come here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx;1089565" said:
    p90fool said:

Phil_aka_Pip said:

That way we all win.

You are suuuuuuuuucchhhhhh a dickhead.
    Wis'd.
    :)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    hugbot said:
    Out. i flipped a coin.
    Out. I flipped an Eastern European over a bridge, 'cos he was COMIN' TO TAKE ERRR JERRRRBBBBBBZZZ !!!!

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    :))
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited May 2016
    p90fool said:

I have, half a dozen or more times, it's one of the reasons I like the EU. Whining about immigration is just stupid, we're just as entitled to go and live in Provence as anyone else us to come here.
    I just love that argument - I too have lived and worked in the EU. Go on say there are three million UK citizens living in the EU. What people miss is this three million are spread all over the EU, not in one area.

Migration to the UK (EU and outside the EU) was around 330,000 net. That's a large city every year. I don't have a problem with immigration - I do have a problem with the numbers. The population of England is 413 people per square kilometre. It's only 68 for Scotland, 408 for the Netherlands and 238 for France. I also have a problem with an EU that won't let us control our own borders and simply tells us to build more houses which is bollocks. We need new cities and they'll have to be in SE England. London will soon be a mega city with 10 million people.

But then anyone who raises this as an issue is a racist.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4292
    edited May 2016
    Fretwired;1089606" said:
    p90fool said:

I just love that argument - I too have lived and worked in the EU. Go on say there are three million UK citizens living in the EU. What people miss is this three million are spread all over the EU, not in one area.

Migration to the UK (EU and outside the EU) was around 330,000 net. That's a large city every year. I don't have a problem with immigration - I do have a problem with the numbers. The population of England is 413 people per square kilometre. It's only 68 for Scotland, 408 for the Netherlands and 238 for France. I also have a problem with an EU that won't let us control our own borders and simply tells us to build more houses which is bollocks. We need new cities and they'll have to be in SE England. London will soon be a mega city with 10 million people.

But then anyone who raises this as an issue is a racist.
    +1

Getting seriously fucked off with the race card being played constantly towards anyone that has a genuine reason against the current immigration numbers

Plus the extremely large number of them arriving with zero interest in getting a job

I now have Romanians living next door to me. They don't work, are on benefits, never leave the house and sit out in the garden all day drinking and smoking or outside the front door throwing their fag butts all over my driveway

We have enough of our own British born scumbags. We don't need any more from mainland Europe being forced upon us under German rule

Does this make me a racist? Like hell it does

With that said immigration is only part of the problem that is the EU
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73026
    The problem is distribution, not numbers. Scotland actually needs more people - the population is falling.

The other problem is lack of investment in new housing, schools, hospitals and all the rest of the things we need to handle the numbers, and which would itself boost the economy.

Both of these things need proactive government to fix, not throwing up their hands and leaving it to market forces.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom