EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4292
    edited May 2016
    Sporky;1090379" said:
    And maybe read that yourself. Noting, for instance, that those aren't reliable figures, but are "estimates", and aren't connected to individuals but are "in households".

In fact, if you'd read it, you'd surely have noticed the preceding paragraph:

"No conclusive figure for the proportion of EU migrants who claim benefits in their first four years of residency in the UK is available."

So the actual verifiable stuff is against you, and only the vague assumptions on your favour. But good work on falling for the "a quick glance" trap.
    So they just happen to have all moved in to households with existing claimants then right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited May 2016
    Sambostar;1090311" said:
    Who has the right to judge who or what anyone else can vote for?  Jesus Christ, it's like the left wing mafia in here.  Think about what you are saying and your presumptions and if your own interests aren't just the bottom line despite your fancy spiel?Who is this notional person who just rocks up to vote because they have to?  Who?  Name them, where do they live?
    I was talking about if people *had* to vote, as suggested earlier in the thread. If everyone had to vote (or pay a fine, like in Australia) then there would be a lot of people who "just rocks up to vote because they have to". All of the people that wouldn't have voted otherwise, about 40 percent of the population...
    (Assuming your comment is aimed at me)

I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Sporky said:
    I don't think either side is making a convincing argument.

And I am inherently correct, beyond dispute - neither side has convinced me. It's just bickering and speculation.
    absolutely
    play every note as if it were your first
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited May 2016

I wouldn't worry, your extreme left principals pail compared to most on this forum, it wasn't particularly aimed at you although it was inspired by.  Hell, it was probably aimed at myself on a bad day. You can't explain your way out though.  You are on my list now, It'll never be forgotten, until the blood of justice is spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9I9M4H9n_I

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited May 2016
    I think only the people who would vote LEAVE should be allowed to vote ;) The rest should get a one way ticket across the North Sea
    How's about we huddle all the outies into some modern take on teh B Ark or similar and fire them off into deep space to start a brave new world.

;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 620
    All too much - I would vote out just to cheese Cameron off but I would also vote in to cheese IDS off. What 'information' is there? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    edited May 2016
    Mkjackary said:
    And It really fucks me off that I'm sitting here litterally spending days-weeks-months making my mind up, and the majority of people just say "fucking polish, I'm voting leave" or equally for the other side.

Both our votes are worth the same. 75%+ of the population have given less than a few mins thought to it, yet they are the ones that will decide the UKs future? Fuck this man
    Exactly the same happens at every election !  75%+ of the population, no... I'd say it was closer to 90%, wouldn't be able to name the top five manifesto pledges of any party, let alone the one they intend to vote for.  That's why democracies are a waste of time.  Putting power into the hands of the clueless proles is a recipe for disaster.  Bring back dictators.  At least everyone knew where they stood.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    So what I'm taking away from this thread is that men and women fighting for their voices to be heard was a load of old tosh and a complete waste of time...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Drew_fx;1090511" said:
    So what I'm taking away from this thread is that men and women fighting for their voices to be heard was a load of old tosh and a complete waste of time...
    Not quite - it shows that the fight for democracy never ends and the enemies of democracy can be found in more diverse places these days...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Sporky said:
    Fretwired said:
    I do wonder why more voters aren't more suspicious that all the people telling us that remain is the best open are multi millionaires with a vested interest.
    All the people telling us that leave is the best option went to school with them and have similar, if opposed, vested interests.
    In fairness there's a lot of ordinary people. Gove didn't go to public school .. he's actually an ordinary bloke as is Farage. Neither are millionaires.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    Rocker said:
    Fretwired said:
    People have a right to say 'fuck it' I don't won't to vote.

I do wonder why more voters aren't more suspicious that all the people telling us that remain is the best open are multi millionaires with a vested interest. The moment David Cameron, Osborne and all their banker and business chums come on TV saying 'remain is the only option' I feel like we're being conned again. Keep the status quo, keep the gravy train for the rich .. maybe it's time for a change. Vote out and create a more egalitarian society. The EU only promotes elites and throws us plebs a few bones from the top table like cheap flights and mobile phone calls.

Sadly, it does not work like that.  Communism is at its base level, completely egalitarian.  The problem is that it is people who have to administer society and make the changes necessary.  Which never happens.  How often have you heard newly elected Governments say that it is time for a new style of Government.  Sadly the same style is used, result no change.
    One way to start creating a fairer society would be to get our political parties to elect leaders and select MPs that better represent us. I'm sick of listening to the professional politician .. public school, PPE from Oxbridge, never had a real job and started off as a political reseacher. The EU is also full of them. They are in every party and generally hold the top jobs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    edited May 2016
    Drew_fx said:
    No, but it is a flawed system that allows everyone to influence the outcome - including vast hordes of gumbies that can barely spell 'politics', let alone understand who they are voting for or what their policies are.  It's these people who undermine the concept of good government via democracy.  If I were Emperor, I would introduce computerised polling booths where you would be asked five random questions about the policies of the person you had just voted for.  If you got more than two wrong, your vote would be void and a big alarm bell would go off above your booth so everyone else would know you were a gumby screwing up democracy with your clueless voting.

If you can't be arsed to read what the candidates' policies are, you have no right to be in that polling station, influencing the outcome for everyone else who does give a shit.

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    Emp_Fab said:
    Drew_fx said:
    No, but it is a flawed system that allows everyone to influence the outcome - including vast hordes of gumbies that can barely spell 'politics', let alone understand who they are voting for or what their policies are.  It's these people who undermine the concept of good government via democracy.  If I were Emperor, I would introduce computerised polling booths where you would be asked five random questions about the policies of the person you had just voted for.  If you got more than two wrong, your vote would be void and a big alarm bell would go off above your booth so everyone else would know you were a gumby screwing up democracy with your clueless voting.

If you can't be arsed to read what the candidates' policies are, you have no right to be in that polling station, influencing the outcome for everyone else who does give a shit.

If you're thinking of voting Tory that could be a problem. Do you answer what the Tories promise to do "more cash for the NHS" or what they'll actually do having lied to get into power "cut the NHS budget" .... tricky one .. Dodgy Dave is a slippery customer.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    I'm voting leave

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    we need to arm our coast guards....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

To summarise, I don't want a pan-EU government, elected by people with very different cultures and societies, and vastly lower GDPs, controlling the social, educational, military policy, etc., for the UK. AFAIK this is what REMAIN will lead to. Also, the next countries on the EU list have nothing in common with us at all. Remain is not about staying with the current EU, it's about accepting the next changes.
    Would the USA join politically with Mexico, and South America, and let policies from there be imposed upon them?

Many voters are primarily focussed on immigration, and will vote based on their assessment of what LEAVE means
    I don't wish to stop immigration, but it has been proceeding at an extremely rapid recently, which is a destabilizing force on society 
    I think that immigration should be permitted where it helps the UK people, or where there is a humanitarian need. 
    At present I don't think either of those issues are dominant, it's almost entirely aspirational economic migration from the EU and elsewhere

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2016
    I just sent in my LEAVE Remain postal vote

So that's one vote for remain then.

Why do they always make you use pencil at the polling booths?

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Sambostar said:

Why do they always make you use pencil at the polling booths?

EU legislation

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom