EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Sambostar said:
    All the decent Scots have moved to Australia or the South East or live on the borders, that is all there is to it.  The rest are soft lads with massive chips on their shoulder.  That is all there is to it.
    And the Faroe islanders see themselves as Vikings rather than Scots ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited June 2016
    Exactly, Scotland is full of English new age wankers these days, just nuke it, maybe saving the borders and Aberdeen.  The rest of them are so mental they're never notice any difference anyway.  I think they should have independence.  Although if it were down to me every county would have independence.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    Fretwired said:
    Sambostar said:
    All the decent Scots have moved to Australia or the South East or live on the borders, that is all there is to it.  The rest are soft lads with massive chips on their shoulder.  That is all there is to it.
    Not aware the Faroes were ever part of Scotland.

However there are a lot of Viking descendents who look to that from the top of Sutherland upwards if that is what you meant.
    edited June 2016
    I must admit, it's the Northerly Germans and Danes who I hate the most and the French away from the coastal regions.
    johnnyurq said:
    Fretwired said:
    Sambostar said:
    Not aware the Faroes were ever part of Scotland.

I don't think they ever were officially although they did look to the UK for help - they are part of Denmark I think.

No I am pretty sure they have been Denmark and never looked to Scotland AFAIK or UK.

Seen a lot of animosity between them and Scots due to the COD wars and that bollocks, same as Iceland back in the day.

No mention on their Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroe_Islands

edited June 2016

Like I said.

Pastry wankers.

Sambostar said:
    I must admit, it's the Northerly Germans and Danes who I hate the most and the French away from the coastal regions.
    Have you seen modern Aussies on TV these days, big namby pamby uptalkers lol. ;-)
    edited June 2016
    johnnyurq said:
    No I am pretty sure they have been Denmark and never looked to Scotland AFAIK or UK.

Seen a lot of animosity between them and Scots due to the COD wars and that bollocks, same as Iceland back in the day.

WW2 when Denmark was occupied .. a strategic point. The UK occupied the islands with the permission of most islanders.

The British built the airstrip and some wanted closer ties with the UK (we were a major power at the time).

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    johnnyurq said:
    ICBM said:
    I am still slightly worried by a possible very narrow Remain with England actually voting Leave but being overruled by Scotland.
    I would be very pissed off about that!
    So I understand you you woudl be pissed off wiht Scots but not the many more Millions in England and Wales voting such that it is narrow enough for a mere 10% of the country lke Scotland can influence it, but if it is a narrow leave and Scots vote overwhelmingly for in that is OK?

Holy shitcakes Batman that logic is just bourne of the need to pass the buck.

To be clear the way Scotland votes will oinly impact if and only if the other parts of the UK make the vote tight enough so you may want to have a word and be pissed off with them eh!! Cos you know arithmetic etc.
    yeh I'd be pissed off with them too. well, not so much with people voting for what they believe in, more like being pissed off about nearly having escaped the European Borg only to be dragged back inside again.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    From a few posting here we are to be the whipping boys (and girls) if it doesn't go with out and your comment coming on the back of that possibility it seemed clear as your intention.

A few Jocks this and Jocks that BS when as some have also said it is a democratic (hopfully) process and we havbe to abide with whatever the result is regardless where we are in the UK.

As one who is for in I would be disappointed if out was the vote but why point fingers and even before the vote has been taken. Seems a fair few outties are a tad hair triggered in advance of a loss that has not happened as yet.

But some perspective on the makeup of a narrow stay or leave as it will be more complex and as for being swamped by a mass vote one way or t'other we may be able to claim it a bit more accurately if we were to get as arsey about it. ;-)

Bottom line is we vote and someone wins and someone loses and we move on but even more than our referendum this one has the larger possibility of turning in to a hardy perrenial neverednum however it goes.

We Brits are shit at the referenda is the only certainty for me lol.
    Fretwired said:
    johnnyurq said:

WW2 when Denmark was occupied .. a strategic point. The UK occupied the islands with the permission of most islanders.

The British built the airstrip and some wanted closer ties with the UK (we were a major power at the time).
    OK but not sure how that relates to your original point though.

WWII had a lot of odd things like this going on and never to be reapeated lol.
    johnnyurq said:
    From a few posting here we are to be the whipping boys (and girls) if it doesn't go with out and your comment coming on the back of that possibility it seemed clear as your intention.

A few Jocks this and Jocks that BS when as some have also said it is a democratic (hopfully) process and we havbe to abide with whatever the result is regardless where we are in the UK.

As one who is for in I would be disappointed if out was the vote but why point fingers and even before the vote has been taken. Seems a fair few outties are a tad hair triggered in advance of a loss that has not happened as yet.

But some perspective on the makeup of a narrow stay or leave as it will be more complex and as for being swamped by a mass vote one way or t'other we may be able to claim it a bit more accurately if we were to get as arsey about it. ;-)

Bottom line is we vote and someone wins and someone loses and we move on but even more than our referendum this one has the larger possibility of turning in to a hardy perrenial neverednum however it goes.

We Brits are shit at the referenda is the only certainty for me lol.
    Only a couple of posts - as I said if we're a united kingdom then everyone's vote counts and everyone has a right to an opinion. I don't think there will be animosity in England as for Remain to win there will need to be a lot of English votes as well. Picking on Scotland is just stupid and I don't think it will happen.

edited June 2016
    Aye I agree @Fretwired and it is theoretically one person one vote so finger pointing or wagging is just silly.

Wasn't implying were saying different in any case but throughout the thread there has been a bit of that which went unchallenged and again some like Phil giving it all grrr those Scots will spoil an out vote for us. Look back it is there, but only one giving it Jocks this Jocks that which in reverse would have had an epic flaming for certain.

But for me this whole thing from both camps in general has been pretty stupid with both sides descending to the Playground and Primary at that.

I hope you are right though things are bad enough over it as it stands without more bollocks adding to it. It calmed down mostly in Scotland after our Indyref, still see some silly coments here and there but mostly they get shouted down.

Not so much in thsi thread although there is some of it, more so out in the world at large. That for me is more disappointing than whatever the result will be.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    Fretwired said:
    I don't think there will be animosity in England as for Remain to win there will need to be a lot of English votes as well. Picking on Scotland is just stupid and I don't think it will happen.
    Sadly I think only the first part of the second sentence is true.

Remember that it's commonly believed that Labour only gets into power on the back of Scottish votes, when in fact that has almost never happened. Blair and Brown were voted in by England, but that seems to be forgotten by many there. Likewise I think many will choose to blame Scotland for a narrow Remain, if that's the result.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    johnnyurq said:
     some like Phil giving it all grrr those Scots will spoil an out vote for us
    If the Scots want to be in the EU and the English don't then the Scots should leave the UK and sign up for the EU. I wouldn't begrudge them that.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fuck the Scots, kit's a different country man, like Albania.  Fuck 'em.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• johnnyurq said:
     some like Phil giving it all grrr those Scots will spoil an out vote for us
    If a small village in the middle of nowhere wants to leave the EU and the rest of us don't then they should leave the EU and sign up for independence. I wouldn't begrudge them that.
    ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Does anyone think if we leave, after the initial couple of years, it could actually increase people's patriotism and their pride in being British, therefore making a Scots happier with the UK?

Assuming we leave and there are German polititians trying to make it hard for us (or threatening that they will), at the very least it will give the Scots someone else to hate besides the English.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?