Ed Sheeran's Plagiarism $20m Lawsuit

What's Hot

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Sporky said:
    hobbio said:

So much jealousy in this thread...

I think that may be projection.
    How? I'm not jealous of Sheeran. I quite like some of his songs and I think he deserves his success. I wouldn't swap places though, cos then I'd have to go ginge. No amount of success is worth going ginge for.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    hobbio said:
     No amount of success is worth going ginge for.
    Tell that to Taylor Swift
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23576
    axisus said:
    Putting apart all the childish comments about the material, I don't get how they think they are 'owed' $20 million for just one song? 
    Blimey, why single out this particular thread for comment on childish comments?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29131
    hobbio said:
    How? I'm not jealous of Sheeran. I quite like some of his songs and I think he deserves his success. I wouldn't swap places though, cos then I'd have to go ginge. No amount of success is worth going ginge for.
    I think that's the first song of his I've knowingly heard. I know his name so I assume he's successful; I don't know if he deserves it or not but I don't begrudge it. I'd rather not hear either of those songs again though, 'cos that'd preclude listening to something I like.

I don't know enough about him (or the other chap) to harbour feelings of envy - I don't go in much for envy anyways - so I thought your assertion that there was a lot of jealousy in the thread rather an odd assumption to make about the motivation of people who said they didn't like the music. Seems to me more likely that they said that because they didn't like the music.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I'd like to go on record that if the judge in the case manages to swing an injunction preventing either piece ever being heard again, I will arrange for a Bakewell Pudding to be sent to them. If the judge does not want a Bakewell Pudding I will have it sent to the recipient of their choice.

If anyone would like to join me in this pledge, I intend to use the service offered by http://www.postapudding.com/PostAPudding.html

I am not affiliated with them but have had one of their puddings in the past; it was excellent.
    There's an extremely disappointing lack of pudding pictures on that pudding site.
    Philly_Q said:
    There's an extremely disappointing lack of pudding pictures on that pudding site.
    True.

They're not beautiful things, to be fair.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Never trust a ginger.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    I'm getting pissed off with all these opportunistic lawsuits. There are only so many chord sequences and melodies that you can get out of twelve notes. I guess they are hoping for an out of court settlement. Ed Sheeran's management team may be able to afford that. John McDaid won't have that sort of money.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    Interesting to compare this thread to the Led Zep plagiarism thread.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6592
    This thread has descended into a slagging off of Ed Sheeran quicker than an Adele thread descends into comments about her weight.

This thread has descended into a slagging off of Ed Sheeran quicker than an Adele thread descends into comments about her weight.
    She is a porker though.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6592
    Philly_Q said:
    She is a porker though.
    I thought she had lost a fair bit of weight between her previous campaign and her more recent outings...No fucker commented on that though, they just want to point at the fat girl and snigger.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

Yeah, but at least she's not a ginge.

@Sporky Photograph isn't actually a song I like, but I do quite like some of his others. He can sing, play, entertain huge crowds with a guitar and looper and he's found success playing music. There's always a bit of jealousy from some people when discussing people like that, especially if the music they create is not to the slater's personal taste.

He's a worldwide superstar, and I bet he's done more to encourage youngsters to pick up a guitar over the last few years than Jimi or whoever has.

Wow I sound like a fanboi. I'm not though, I only have the one little shrine in the corner of my bedroom.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    Philly_Q said:
    She is a porker though.
    Nah.  She's no Beth Ditto in frame or presence. 

(superb tune)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    http://www.hollywoodtake.com/did-ed-sheeran-steal-photograph-20-million-lawsuit-alleges-hit-song-was-copied-matt-166576

Both songs here.  

I couldn't listen to either.  They are f*cking shit.  

I'd hate to be a lawyer in the case and have to listen to each song over and over again.  
    Even £500 per hour isn't enough to listen to those songs.

Urgh.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1140
    i got through about 1 minute of each, and they both sounded like that Snow Patrol shite to me!

good grief is this what the "general public" listens to ??? it's truly the most generic dirge i've ever heard.

you never hear of Mastodon getting sued for plagiarism! 

hobbio said:

@Sporky Photograph isn't actually a song I like, but I do quite like some of his others. He can sing, play, entertain huge crowds with a guitar and looper and he's found success playing music. There's always a bit of jealousy from some people when discussing people like that, especially if the music they create is not to the slater's personal taste.

I s'pose. None from me though; I have nothing against him and it sounds like he's probably a fairly positive influence in the world, but from that song I'd be happier not hearing him again!
    i got through about 1 minute of each, and they both sounded like that Snow Patrol shite to me!

Apparently the Sheeran song was co-written by a bloke out of Snow Patrol, so you called that right.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3344
    I still don't know why Charles Thompson IV didn't sue Coldplay for re-releasing "Where Is My Mind?".

Because he was waiting to see what the outcome would be with Satriani!!!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    If Tiny Tim was alive they'd both be on the end of a lawsuit for plagiarism.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom