NEW FRETBOARD! Help required from all of you...

What's Hot

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    edited June 2016
    Paragraphs seem to come out fine on this iPad (Safari on iOS 9.3.2). :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    digitalscream;1112831" said:
    @Paul_C - phew :)

Everyone else - sorry, but the upload's disabled again now. We don't have the disk space (or the funds) to support that...yet.
    How much would.it take to make that available? I'd be more than happy to chip in to make it happen. 100 people x £10?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5601
    Lordy! I just typed on my mobile with no hassles (yet). The return button even starts a new line. About time, well done those involved! Android 6.0.1, OxygenOS 3.0.2, Chrome browser.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    or does the new editor work properly?
    In IE11 running on Windows 10, when you first visit the editor text cursor seems to start above the text box. Clicking on the page brings it back in where it should be..
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8848
    IPad with IOS 9.3.2

Formats text OK, but I can't post images
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Android 4.4.2 on Opera app browser.

Everything seems tip top so far. I'm liking the new text editor style and the 'flag' option showing. I've never flagged anything but it's conveniently placed.

I'm going to have another go through my phone's Google Chrome browser in a bit to see if it's all good in a different browser.

Me likes, pat on back awarded :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 351
    iPad with iOS 9.3.2. Safari browser. The text editor works much better, with the basic stuff like spacing, inserting blank lines. Great stuff thanks guys. So I got on to things like bold and italic, which I've never even touched before. Bold and Italic worked fine but when I tried to engage strikethru the editor just seemed to stop responding. Not that much of a problem cos I don't think I'll really be needing strikethru much. Also, I tried the text box full screen expander and the page just went weird. I ended up with a blank page. I could scroll up to previous posts, but then it would randomly refresh the page........ I hope this helps. TBH just the basic improvement of the text box behaviour on iPad is a very good thing for me. Ta.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3174
    Wow photos loaded first time! God shout guys laptop with Opera
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

"a ton of fixed bugs and irritations"

Who's been banned, then?

It's Sambostar, isn't it? I knew it was a conspiracy!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    hywelg said:
    digitalscream;1112831" said:
    @Paul_C - phew :)

Everyone else - sorry, but the upload's disabled again now. We don't have the disk space (or the funds) to support that...yet.
    How much would.it take to make that available? I'd be more than happy to chip in to make it happen. 100 people x £10?
    Well, the storage would be ever-increasing, so we'd probably have to come up with a sustainable, extensible solution.

Having it as a paid perk is a great idea, though; it really depends how many people would be interested.
    <space for hire>
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    It works wonderfully on Safari/iphone.

I particularly really really like the new inclusion of the Discussions link on the top menu bar when using the mobile version
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    windows 8.1 mobile seems to be working fine.
    Tasha is on Win 10 mobile so I will try from that later.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3174

Seems to work as well as the other one on my Blackberry curve
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Having it as a paid perk is a great idea
    It is indeed.

I have my own storage, but for quick posts it'd still be good, and for those of us without photobucket or flickr or similar it'd be ace, especially if well integrated (which sounds simple?).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Looks okay on iOS 8...
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    It REALLY needs image storage - this forum is the only one I can think of that doesn't allow it.

Whilst we all enjoy screaming READ THE FAQ when people fail to be able to link to them, it'd be far better if they simply didn't have to?
    It REALLY needs image storage - this forum is the only one I can think of that doesn't allow it.

Whilst we all enjoy screaming READ THE FAQ when people fail to be able to link to them, it'd be far better if they simply didn't have to?
    There are two problems with it - the first is storage (and cost), but the second is the legality. Allowing user-uploaded content opens us up to legal challenges in terms of copyright material, so we have to have a system in place for dealing with that (whether it's technical or procedural is entirely dependent upon volume).

Let's not forget that the only reason we didn't get shut down when J-Con sent a DMCA takedown request was that we don't host any images, therefore we couldn't have hosted the images he was complaining about.

We did, however, lose a lot of Google results and ranking because of that, because Google don't question DMCA requests; they simply take down the results in a "guilty until proven innocent" manner.

So yeah...it's a little more complex than just adding an image uploader. Not something we can't deal with, but definitely something which will require more thought.
    <space for hire>
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    Might be worth having a chat with the admins over at www.basschat.co.uk?  Nice bunch of guys there and a well run site - see what their views are?  I know info has been shared in the past over J-Con and other incidents.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    edited June 2016
    Answered my own question. Move along, nothing to see here. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Might be worth having a chat with the admins over at www.basschat.co.uk?  Nice bunch of guys there and a well run site - see what their views are?  I know info has been shared in the past over J-Con and other incidents.
    Yep - they respond differently to DMCA stuff; safety for the site first, by just taking it down. As you know, we have a...different...approach ;)

Seriously, though, we've been discussing it and we have a good idea of how we'd technically implement it, so we just have to look at costs and timing.
    <space for hire>