Takeaway pizza

What's Hot

Comments

• Good thread!

My preferences run thusly:
    Home made is obviously best (especially if MrsLostSon makes them. Not because she does a better job, it's just a well known fact that food tastes better if you've not had to do the cooking!)

Best shop bought is Co-op sourdough ones, they're really tasty and seem to use decent ingredients. I confess that I'm partial to a Cosmos Haggis pizza too, but that's NOT health food!

Best take away/delivery here in Edinburgh La Favourita- they do lovely pizzas and have good offers on Mon-Weds. Papa Johns is OK if you want American style rather than Italian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8140
    marry an Italian (like I did). You'll never eat takeaway pizza ever again. Man, my wife can cook!!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    Best shop bought is Co-op sourdough ones, they're really tasty and seem to use decent ingredients. I confess that I'm partial to a Cosmos Haggis pizza too, but that's NOT health food!

Agree re Co-op pizzas - their sauce is really good. Sainsbury's Italian ones aren't too bad (the rest are rubbish).

In terms of takeaways, Dominos and Pizza Hut aren't great, though occasionally meet a need ("F*** it, let's just stay in, stick a film on and ring for a pizza").  I find that nasty little non-chain places (or kebab shops) often do tastier pizzas (or at least, dripping with cheese and meat).
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1778
    Hmm, I don't know guys - me and my missus (and our circle of friends too actually) are quite a pizza lovers and our local (Bournemouth) domino's is one of the best pizza around. Papa John's is good too and we have Fanelli's - although not many good deals there.
    Whenever we order something when visiting friends in London Domino's is absolutely horrendous- so I guess it does matter when you order it from. Same goes for Papa John's in London (Sutton area).
    Homemade pizza is great, but when I have time to cook I would rather cook a proper meal. Supermarket pizzas are OK, but frozen ingredients need some seasoning + extra cheese/toppings to make it nice.
    Takeaway pizza. Overpriced - yes. We tend to order deals only as paying over 15 per pizza is bonkers.
    *if you order for 50+quid from domino's and type DEAL5050 at the checkout it takes 50percent off. Works every time and we've been using that for years.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    LoFi said:

I find that nasty little non-chain places (or kebab shops) often do tastier pizzas (or at least, dripping with cheese and meat).
    Yeah, had one last night from the Godfather in Salford. They're not really pizzas are they? Just cheese, meat and heart attack circles.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• SnapSnap Frets: 6270
    just thinking, the only time I've eaten a takeaway pizza in the last few years has been in the early hours, with a gutful of beer in me, from a kebab place. I'm sure, if I could remember, each one, at the time was the "bez fuggin pizzer ever ad"

sober, don't get em. I can't be doing with eating shite food.

Unless its chips and peas. But that's not shite.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Ro_S said:
    Takeaway pizzas an unnecessary cost.  One can get equally nice pizzas in supermarkets.  You only have to pop them in the oven.

I didn't get where I am today by spending £15 on a takeaway.
    You can't get a 12" pizza to cook properly in our oven.

Our local kebab shop does the best ones around for miles. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Hertz32 said:
    , anyone know of any other small chains/independant pizzas that provide similarly good value?

There's a very small chain in the Southampton area called "Rocco's".  They are exceptionally good and all (three?) stores have top FSA ratings, as well - which is always a BIG consideration of where I buy my junk food.

Asda's "create your own" counter gets an honourable mention from me, too.

• Pizza is just glorified cheese on toast and what Dominos etc charge for it is a complete joke
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited June 2016
    dogload said:
    Ro_S said:
    Takeaway pizzas an unnecessary cost.  One can get equally nice pizzas in supermarkets.  You only have to pop them in the oven.

I didn't get where I am today by spending £15 on a takeaway.
    You can't get a 12" pizza to cook properly in our oven.

something is wrong with your oven

or get two 8"-10" pizzas and put one on each shelf!  sorted!

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    Cant say I have ever ordered a take-away pizza and expected the worlds finest italian cuisine to land at my door! Perhaps lower your expectations? Or drink more beer before you buy it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2016-06/38FEA2F8-7D88-474B-A725-7F0B58F00AED_zps7qyetfvn.jpg Myself as a ghostly presence in the window of Mr Singh's contemplating a paneer pizza for tea. Classy.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited June 2016
    Ah, like the "Which drive pedal should I get?" thread, the annual pizza thread is here once again.

I'll say what I said last year: Doner meat pizza from the local kebab shack FTW.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll post a pic this mouthwatering treat too.  My arteries are hardening up just thinking about it.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I've always wanted to visit scotland and get a munchie box

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I ordered dinner meat and cheese to eat while waiting for my pizza on Tuesday. Fat twat.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you like really thin base pizzas, try using tortillas. Just throw on some sauce, toppings and cheese then bung in the oven for ten minutes.
    Alternatively, I sometimes warm the tortilla in a frying pan, add toppings etc then finish under the grill.
    It's so quick and does a reasonable impression of a stone baked pizza.
    Also, the Stable in Weymouth does awesome pizza.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    edited June 2016
    If you are close to London or Brighton then check out these guys:

http://www.francomanca.co.uk
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Some awesome suggestions for thin base pizzas here - what about chicago style deep pan though? I've yet to find a restaraunt that does the whole upside down pizza pie style pizza at all!
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    Thin crust or death.