Clenching chest pain, ache down the neck and arm - anything to worry about?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited June 2016
    @mellowsun

In February 2013 I had a heart attack, but I didn't even realise it.  All my symptoms were atypical - I felt better doing exercise, eating warm foods made it better, and I only went to A&E when my other half insisted - because I admitted I was too scared to go to sleep in case I didn't wake up.

My ECG and blood pressure were absolutely normal.  The staff thought it was nothing to worry about - it was only after having a blood test that all hell broke loose, giving me blood thinners and a huge amount of medication and then they rushed me to have surgery.

I cannot believe your GP has said not to worry about it.  Without a blood test he has no way of telling.

GET TO A&E AND GET A BLOOD TEST.  I CANNOT EMPHASISE THIS ENOUGH.

I spent three days trying to carry on as normal - I only look back now knowing I could have keeled over and died at any moment.

BLOOD TEST!!

Waiting another three days is too much of a risk.  There are plenty of people in this thread who have experienced it - please don't ignore it.  INSIST and make sure you're fully checked out.  If you've not had the blood test, YOU, AND NO ONE ELSE - EVEN IF THEY CLAIM TO BE A DOCTOR - CAN BE SURE.

Go.  NOW.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom