Boris for Prime Minister..

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    seriously though, who is going to lead us through this time of change, and what exactly is the plan?

now its happened we  need some strength and unity, but it just doesn't exist in the modern political world

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I hope it's Theresa May just to piss Fret off!

As for Boris, how can you take the bloke seriously? At least Cameron has some gravitas, Boris on the other has all the gravitas of a circus clown.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6244
    Chalky;1125464" said:
    [quote="equalsql;1125460"]Boris is all about Boris.

He doesn't give shyte about anything as long as it benefits him. If Cameron had been heading up the leave campaign you can be sure the Boris would have be  the figurehead of Remain. He truly is one of the most loathsome opportunistic and amoral politicians that I have ever seen.
    You have seen Blair, haven't you?[/quote]

Yep.. he's definitley up there with Boris... and has the blood of thousands on his hands
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Fretwired said:
    I'll take BoJo over Theresa May.
    Is that some kind of sick, fantasy three-way?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    chillidoggy;1125472" said:
    I hope it's Theresa May just to piss Fret off!As for Boris, how can you take the bloke seriously? At least Cameron has some gravitas, Boris on the other has all the gravitas of a circus clown.
    Nah. I met Cameron on his election night here in Witney (I was counting ballot papers). Nowhere near as impressive as other politicians or chief execs I've met. Gravitas of a balloon. Lovely wife though, looks you straight in the eye when talking with you.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Chalky said:
    chillidoggy;1125472" said:
    I hope it's Theresa May just to piss Fret off!As for Boris, how can you take the bloke seriously? At least Cameron has some gravitas, Boris on the other has all the gravitas of a circus clown.
    Nah. I met Cameron on his election night here in Witney (I was counting ballot papers). Nowhere near as impressive as other politicians or chief execs I've met. Gravitas of a balloon. Lovely wife though, looks you straight in the eye when talking with you.

Yes, but we are comparing him to Boris here.

Sam Cam is well hot, though!

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    Nah Sam Cam looks like a horse

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I like Bozzer, a PM with a personality and sense of humour wouldn't be a bad thing

edited June 2016
    The PM just needs a good team around him and an ability to make instinctive correct decisions based on the information provided, Along with some charm for foreign or domestic negotiations, same as any top job

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I used to know a guy who had to deal with the mayor's office when Ken was in and then Boris took over. He did say that under Boris things moved much quicker and were more straightforward.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

I hope it's Theresa May just to piss Fret off!

As for Boris, how can you take the bloke seriously? At least Cameron has some gravitas, Boris on the other has all the gravitas of a circus clown.

He did well in London and won twice in a City that has more Labour voters. Ask yourself why. Cameron has no gravitas .. he was weak and lied from his first day in office .. he tried to be Tony Blair 2.

Theresa May thinks Britain should withdraw from the European convention on human rights. Boris Johnson defends the European Convention on Human Rights and thinks we should remain.

Now who would you want out of the two as PM?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22577

Fretwired said:
    Theresa May thinks Britain should withdraw from the European convention on human rights. Boris Johnson defends the European Convention on Human Rights and thinks we should remain.

But what do you think? Do you think we should withdraw? 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Fretwired said:

But what do you think? Do you think we should withdraw? 
    No. I think Boris is right. We helped set up the court (Churchill pushed for it) and I think we should remain. May is just dangerous in my book.

I want a positive relationship with the EU and looking at Merkel's conciliatory comments of few hours ago I think we'll have one.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    I fully support Johnson for PM. 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Yes, Boris can be funny and has more of a personality than we're used to seeing in politicians.

SO FUCKING WHAT.

The man is a self-serving, opportunistic snake who is just as out-of-touch as any other Tories people bang on about, if not more so. If he becomes PM, I will hang my head in despair for what is to come for this country.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Bucket;1125765" said:
    Yes, Boris can be funny and has more of a personality than we're used to seeing in politicians.

SO FUCKING WHAT.

The man is a self-serving, opportunistic snake who is just as out-of-touch as any other Tories people bang on about, if not more so. If he becomes PM, I will hang my head in despair for what is to come for this country.
    No. He isn't.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Bucket;1125765" said:

SO FUCKING WHAT.

Yeah let's have Corbyn instead, he's a runaway success! I'm not a fan of Boris but we are not overburdened with contenders, are we?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NotNowJohnNotNowJohn Frets: 187
    Boris Johnson is one of the most insidious and unpleasant politicians in modern times.
    Although he keeps the 'born to rule' Etonian persona well hidden, he is a thoroughly dishonest bully and more nasty than his buffoon impression suggests.
    On a local level (Merseyside), it's hard to forget his articles regarding Liverpool and Ken Bigley and his subsequent retraction. He's right up there with his mate Kelvin Mackenzie.
    It is really desperate that people like Johnson (and Gove) can be considered for office. But the Tory party isn't exactly blessed with leadership talent - look at some of the names: Amber Rudd, Andrea Leadsom, Dominic Raab, Stephen Crabb. Shocking.

It's strange but I actually miss politicians like Ken Clarke and Michael Heseltine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538

Chalky said:
    Bucket;1125765" said:

SO FUCKING WHAT.

Yeah let's have Corbyn instead, he's a runaway success! I'm not a fan of Boris but we are not overburdened with contenders, are we?. 
    What does Jeremy Corbyn have to do with this?  It is entirely a Conservative party issue, their problem and nothing to do with anyone else.

Or has someone called a general election and kept it to them selves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    Chalky said:
    Bucket;1125765" said:

SO FUCKING WHAT.

Yeah let's have Corbyn instead, he's a runaway success! I'm not a fan of Boris but we are not overburdened with contenders, are we?
    I must have missed the part of @bucket post that said Corbyn would be better. Can you point it out to me please? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom