A realisation...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7380
    Drew_fx said:
    Sporky said:
    Bidley said:
    Same. All I've done is politely request that remainers stop calling everyone who disagrees with them stupid, uneducated, racist or xenophobic.
    This has become an interesting tactic by the leavers - lots of people repeating it, essentially demonising the entire remain campaign and all its supporters over the actions of a fairly small number of arseholes (compared to how many people actually voted remain, I mean).

Interesting the juxtaposition of that with the other popular message "we've all got to pull together", which is shorthand for "the remainers must support the leave campaign now".
    Well I know it's anecdotal, but every single one of my Facebook friends that is interested or involved in politics and voted remain, has had a steady stream of status updates since Friday essentially calling 51% of the population racist xenophobes or ignorant little Englander idiots.

You're not a typical leave voter though. I listened to that thing you posted on YouTube and I get the idealism argument but if you think the majority of leave voters have considers to that level then your being a bit naive. On the other hand I'm probably a fairly typical remain voter in terms of being mostly pragmatically driven.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Ignorant rants..  If I had a penny for everytime I've heard that and how the suposedly tolerant left have come out and cut to the bone shown their true colours which are, in actual fact, as demonstrated, far more intolerant than even the most right wing extremes that the leave voter 'Racist bigots' ever contained, with talk about not wanting the poor and uneducated to vote, because they all 'Know' it was those who swayed the vote, when the irony is that unbeknownst to them their neighbour who also has a £600k voted leave.

Stop your rhetorical diatribe, because it's total crap.

People voted against greed and for democracy, pure and simple and they've been saving it up for a very long time, seeing how as most votes are usually meaningless within constituancies.

It's a wakeup to the state of play.  It's not about the money.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Listening to YouTube and the crap on the internet is the problem.

Personally I've never seen so many young British homeless on the streets as today, not even back in the 80's, even in the 90's they mostly pretended and had hostels tp go to. 

Let the genuine refugees in.  Stop draining the skilled and educated labour pools of Europe, train our own and build up the poorer European countries from within, limit the strain on the infrastructure and stop being so fecking greedy and thoughtless and pay the bloody going rate for your stuff and sklls and labour. 

That is why people voted out, because they have principals.  People in the 80 plus bracket voted out because they grew up in abject poverty and know what the important things in life and what sustainabilty truly is, past a 5 year get rich quite GDP plan.  People who voted out are willing to make sacrifices for the greater good.  They have principles and see past 5 years.

To be honest, if I had my way we'd be paying a weeks wages for a car tyre again, because at least poeple would think about their driving.

The world has passed people by whilst they spend their vacuous self righteous time hidden away on the internet with their equally vacuous self righteous friends.

I think I am a fairly typical leave voter to be honest.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    edited June 2016
    Sambostar;1129217" said:
    Listening to YouTube and the crap on the internet is the problem.

Personally I've never seen so many young British homeless on the streets as today, not even back in the 80's, even in the 90's they mostly pretended and had hostels tp go to. 

Let the genuine refugees in.  Stop draining the skilled and educated labour pools of Europe, train our own and build up the poorer European countries from within, limit the strain on the infrastructure and stop being so fecking greedy and thoughtless and pay the bloody going rate for your stuff and sklls and labour. 

That is why people voted out, because they have principals.  People in the 80 plus bracket voted out because they grew up in abject poverty and know what the important things in life and what sustainabilty truly is, past a 5 year get rich quite GDP plan.  People who voted out are willing to make sacrifices for the greater good.  They have principles and see past 5 years.

To be honest, if I had my way we'd be paying a weeks wages for a car tyre again, because at least poeple would think about their driving.

The world has passed people by whilst they spend their vacuous self righteous time hidden away on the internet with their equally vacuous self righteous friends.

I think I am a fairly typical leave voter to be honest.
    I think your bit about 'building poorer European Countries from within' is spot on...I think it's mad that other European Countries miss out on all those taxes from workers within, whilst European workers in this Country send home a bit of money to their families to better their standard of living. And then we and the other richer EU countries throw the poorer EU Countries a bone in the form of an EU Subsidy. 'Give a man a Fishing Rod and he learns how to feed himself'

Welcome back BTW
    :)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7380
    Where's the real Sambo, both those posts were distinctly un-mental
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Calm down, he's probably just getting back up to full speed!