The most disturbing phone call to LBC I have ever heard, 1 hour ago.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3511
    My sisters kids are starting to get bullied at school. They have a Dutch surname as my brother in law is Dutch. But the are adopted and natural father is indionisian I think. Till Monday never an issue. Now all 3 kids coming home in tears every day.

Man that sucks about your sister's children.  Hope things get back to normal as soon as possible. 
    Thanks :) I hope so too. My sister's eldest is quite fragile as the adoption happened when she was old enough to remember. As a 13 year old girl, she has enough to worry about without school turning from a happy place into a nightmare.  School holidays can't come soon enough.
    A real shame to hear about your niece, being a teenager is tough enough as it is without the complexities you described above and I sincerely wish her and her siblings's position at their schools improves as quickly as possible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Disgraceful and saddening. I think England is in a very dark place at the minute. A lot of work needed to try and sort it out ;(
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skankdelvarskankdelvar Frets: 473
    edited June 2016
    Further to my post above I am beginning to doubt the expressed scale of increase in racially motivated crimes. 

* Yesterday the National Council of Police Chiefs reported that their website had recorded 31 additional incidents over the period Thursday - Sunday.

* A mere 24 hours later - the NCPC's chair blogged that there had an additional 331 incidents. That would suggest a sudden and further 1000% increase over the last three days. Evidence of spamming? Or not? The NCPC cannot confirm the veracity of any of these incident reports.

Official police data is hard to come by but neither Hampshire Constabulary, Gwent Constabulary, West Midlands Police, Leicestershire Constabulary, Warwickshire Constabulary, Greater Manchester Police or Police Scotland report any increase in racially motivated criminal incidents. In fact Hampshire reports a decrease.

Certainly there are individual, localised incidents and reprehensibly unpleasant they are too. But a new, national wave of racial hatred? I don't think so. What we're seeing is an unpleasant everyday reality we hadn't noticed before we became sensitised by recent events and started looking for it.

The media outlets and individuals who may knowingly be promoting an unproven suggestion of increased widespread hostility are doing much to alarm and distress innocent migrant communities. But as long as it serves certain bodies' hopes of reversing the Brexit outcome, why should they care?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3119
    Official police data is hard to come by but neither Hampshire Constabulary, Gwent Constabulary, West Midlands Police, Leicestershire Constabulary, Warwickshire Constabulary, Greater Manchester Police or Police Scotland report any increase in racially motivated criminal incidents. In fact Hampshire reports a decrease.
    That's because the poeple from Hampshire are the most sensitive, understanding, cultured, intelligent, wise and beautiful people in the world. It's no surprise really. :)
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1615
    My Mrs had some one shout at her and tell her to go home - he was lucky I wasn't with her. There is a change - it's becoming more 'acceptable'. It's not.

She's Irish, has lived her for 8 years, her Dad is English she owns her own company and employees people both from the EU and GB.

This has given bigots the right to think they have a voice. They can f**k right off. 

Can we ship all the people who want people to go home off to their own island somewhere? Anyone know one that's big and empty?

I'm English with Irish parents, think it's time to get that Irish Passport.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    markblack said:

Can we ship all the people who want people to go home off to their own island somewhere? Anyone know one that's big and empty?

We've done that before, they'll just come back at you in a hundred years or so and beat you at the cricket all the time...

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited July 2016

markblack said:
    My Mrs had some one shout at her and tell her to go home - he was lucky I wasn't with her. There is a change - it's becoming more 'acceptable'. It's not.

She's Irish, has lived her for 8 years, her Dad is English she owns her own company and employees people both from the EU and GB.

This has given bigots the right to think they have a voice. They can f**k right off. 

I'm English with Irish parents, think it's time to get that Irish Passport.
    Mark. I am sure you have your own plans going forward. But my current thoughts are:
    1. We are going to see some Citizens Arrests in Supermarket Queues.
    2. I will buy a few  "personal attack alarms" on ebay for women I know that may or may not be nervous.
    In fact......a 140db Alarm going off in a Supermarket Checkout Queue will be like a giant arrow in the sky pointing at the elderly man muttering horrible warnings to a young woman.

• TroyTroy Frets: 224
    lloyd;1131601" said:
    earwighoney said:

I hate to be a downer but this kind of shit has been happening for ages to certain extents but I hate to say it the reason why the press are really covering it now it's because it's white on white racism. 

That's bullshit.
    He's right. This sort of thing has been happening in Belfast for years.
    That's sectarianism though.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Sad times in England right now.

These people do not speak for me.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited July 2016
    Further to my post above I am beginning to doubt the expressed scale of increase in racially motivated crimes. 

* Yesterday the National Council of Police Chiefs reported that their website had recorded 31 additional incidents over the period Thursday - Sunday.

* A mere 24 hours later - the NCPC's chair blogged that there had an additional 331 incidents. That would suggest a sudden and further 1000% increase over the last three days. Evidence of spamming? Or not? The NCPC cannot confirm the veracity of any of these incident reports.

Certainly there are individual, localised incidents and reprehensibly unpleasant they are too. But a new, national wave of racial hatred? I don't think so. What we're seeing is an unpleasant everyday reality we hadn't noticed before we became sensitised by recent events and started looking for it.

The media outlets and individuals who may knowingly be promoting an unproven suggestion of increased widespread hostility are doing much to alarm and distress innocent migrant communities. But as long as it serves certain bodies' hopes of reversing the Brexit outcome, why should they care?

If its the case that hate crimes weren't being reported before and are being reported now, then the presses mistake is in with not reporting them before, not in reporting them now.

• This shit goes on all the time. The media are only publicising it because of the immigration related to the referendum

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Exactly it's nothing new. We still have freedom of movement.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31969
    Fortheloveofguitar;1134805" said:
    This shit goes on all the time. The media are only publicising it because of the immigration related to the referendum

That's not the personal experience of my colleagues at work.