Dallas Police Shootings

What's Hot
Bloody hell. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5226
    Horrific but sadly not as shocking as it ought to be. 1500 or so killed by police last year. What is wrong with a culture that kills so much?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    Horrible.

Lots of poverty, lots of people with the bare minimum in terms of education, increasingly polarised politics, violent rhetoric from people who should know better, massive levels of racism and easy access to weapons. I genuinely worry for whats going to happen over there in the next few years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Angry about killings, so lets do some killing.

Just horrible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    If only they had guns then this whole thing could have been avoided.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27861
    Thanks Obama...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Col_Decker;1142869" said:
    If only the Americans could see the irony...
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4712
    stickyfiddle;1142873" said:
    Col_Decker said:

Thanks Obama...
    Alas Obama has his hands completely tied on this issue with both houses being pro gun.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73149
    Not in any way right or justifiable, but understandable in a country where the police are seen to kill black people almost with impunity and military-type weapons are freely available... I'm actually surprised it didn't happen earlier.

Don't blame Obama - if he could have brought in tighter gun laws by executive order, he would have.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27861
    (I should add I am generally super pro-Obama, think he's probably overall the best president in 30+ years and CERTAINLY don't blame him for all this shit!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16297
    Just a very misguided , fucked up country with an arrogance complex
    They self-appointed themselves as the World's policemen and yet they have so much wrong at their very own core.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6185
    The thing that struck me in the video stream of the killing in the car was the fear and hysteria in the voice of the policeman. If that's the attitude they have when approaching a black man (for a tail light for christsakes! With a child in the car!) it doesn't bode well for the future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    JezWynd said:
    The thing that struck me in the video stream of the killing in the car was the fear and hysteria in the voice of the policeman. If that's the attitude they have when approaching a black man (for a tail light for christsakes! With a child in the car!) it doesn't bode well for the future.
    That, and how chilled the woman was (although i'm sure she was in massssiiivee shock)

It's just fucking awful all over.  It doesn't matter if your black, or a police officer or whatever, you still have friends and family who will now experience the hardest of pains

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    My eldest daughter is currently in Kentucky sorting out a uni place. Next month my youngest daughter may be going out to Kentucky with her uni to carry out a study on diabetes and obesity. Worrying times.

• Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.....
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9795
    Next month my youngest daughter may be going out to Kentucky with her uni to carry out a study on diabetes and obesity. Worrying times.
    Looking on the bright side, she won't be short of subjects to study.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Actually, events like this have happened throughout US history. The pervasiveness of social media and the fact that everyone carries an Internet-connected high quality camera and microphone (essentially a portable TV broadcast unit) means that we see these things way more often.

There was a race-riot in Oaklahoma where aircraft were used to BOMB civilians:

Similar thing happend in Philadelphia:

First armed rebellion in the US:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Thanks Obama...
    Definitely not Obama's fault. He has fought long and hard through past shooting tragedies such as Sandy Hook but has met with insurmountable gun nutters from the NRA who appear to hold sway.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    The 2nd amendment was made when the population only had access to smooth bore muskets. You'd hope that some clever legal wrangle would make it legal to own one of those and ban rifled weapons.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Garthy said:
    The 2nd amendment was made when the population only had access to smooth bore muskets. You'd hope that some clever legal wrangle would make it legal to own one of those and ban rifled weapons.

There's no appetite for that though-they like it how it is. Saw that a man had shot his own son (dead) at a shooting range, the accident didn't change his mind in gun laws. WTF?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1