Pokemon Go!

What's Hot

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4720
    Funny enough, Every church in our area has become a Pokemon Gym, as has a local pub
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Funny enough, Every church in our area has become a Pokemon Gym, as has a local pub
    I have no idea what that means and happy to stay as such!
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Ro_S said:
    how soon until a news story of child getting run over whilst using this thing? 
    Has my prediction been realised yet?

Is it true two people in UK have been hit by a car so far?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4655
    Im all for it. It reminds me a lot of Challenge Anika
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Dogging is also popular in the park.

It's called Growlithing in Pokémon Go.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ro_S said:
    Ro_S said:
    how soon until a news story of child getting run over whilst using this thing? 
    Has my prediction been realised yet?

Is it true two people in UK have been hit by a car so far?

Since people are regularly hit while using mobile phones and Pokémon Go is a popular use of mobile phones you're hardly Nostradamus. I predict that someone will be diagnosed with cancer after playing Pokémon Go. Goddamn carcinogenic critters.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
     people are regularly hit while using mobile phones 
    natural selection can be a great thing

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7837
    edited July 2016
    I just can't fathom this.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8164
    edited July 2016
    Are you over 30 years of age?   If so, it's not really meant for you.  But, kids have grown up with the TV show, trading card games, console games (279 million sold worldwide) and movies.   It's ingrained from youth....much in the same way I'll always like Bagpuss, Pipkin, and Mr Ben. 

Much like old people in the 50's saying 'rock n roll is the work of the devil', you'll eventually get over it. 

But, you can expect more of this kind of phenomena in the near future
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8164
    More Pokemon news. 

Pokemon GO 'Haram' As Islamic Fatwa Renewed - news.sky.com
    TheMarlin said:
    Are you over 30 years of age?   If so, it's not really meant for you.  But, kids have grown up with the TV show, trading card games, console games (279 million sold worldwide) and movies.   It's ingrained from youth....much in the same way I'll always like Bagpuss, Pipkin, and Mr Ben. 

Much like old people in the 50's saying 'rock n roll is the work of the devil', you'll eventually get over it. 

I think that's what's surprising people. It's completely understandable for kids to be playing this but grown adults?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Benson said:
    TheMarlin said:

I think that's what's surprising people. It's completely understandable for kids to be playing this but grown adults?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/entertainment_gaming_in_the_uk/html/3.stm

"The average age of the UK gamer is 28, which might be higher than you thought! Strangely, 51% of the 36 to 50s play games, and that number is growing."

There are any number of threads in Off Topic. Computer games are not just for kids.

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Benson said:
    TheMarlin said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/entertainment_gaming_in_the_uk/html/3.stm

"The average age of the UK gamer is 28, which might be higher than you thought! Strangely, 51% of the 36 to 50s play games, and that number is growing."

There are any number of threads in Off Topic. Computer games are not just for kids.

Not because gaming is more appealing to the current 36 - 50 yos though, it's more likely because the 28+ yos are getting older and taking gaming with them. Yep you're getting old duuuudes.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6629

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Benson said:
    TheMarlin said:

Presumably those are the same 28 year olds that still live with mummy and have never held a woman! :D
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pokemon, bigger than Jesus.
    This is genius right there....
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17013
    Benson said:
    TheMarlin said:

As a 35 year old  I spent many Saturday morning in my early 20's watching SM:TV, which is where Pokémon was first shown in the UK

Benson said:
    Benson said:
    TheMarlin said:

Presumably those are the same 28 year olds that still live with mummy and have never held a woman! :D

Yup. Those ones. The same ones who can use multisyllabic words and brush their teeth without significant risk of eye injury.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm 31, watch a shit ton of cartoons, play games and I'm buying a yo-yo. I'd rather have a young spirit than be a fuddy duddy who can't handle the world changing around them.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom