Is there anything you would kill for?

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34026
All this death and destruction is pissing me off.
Other than an imminent threat to my own life I can't think of any scenario where I would be willing to kill for.

What about you?
(Let's ignore the 'someone is threatening me or my family' thing and take it as a given that we would all defend ourselves if attacked.)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34026
    Oh and variations on the theme of 'I'd kill for a a 1959 Les Paul' will get you a paddlin'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29224
    Gits and shiggles?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29224
    Does a triple chocolate muffin count as a 59 LP?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Like most people, I don't know. I've never been in the position to see.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7913
    World peace

; )
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    edited July 2016 tFB Trader
    To protect my wife and son, no equivocation at all. To protect my own life also no doubts. as they say better to be tried by 12 men/women than carried away by six.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    A nice cuppa!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Free TV's on Black Friday.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    To get that fucking old bat at the front of the queue in the Post Office out the way

For the chance to lick Britney Spears bum

If anyone in passing mentioned they wanted Kim Kardashian to sleep with the fishes

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    A weird thing the old murder. I've met a few murderers now in my time and most haven't really planned it, all spur of the moment stuff.

Mostly pretty amiable people too. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Sufficient money... I mean most would... Just a case of finding the right number of zeros. 

Because it's "right" at the time? 

I mean... A mugger beating an old lady and all you have to hand (for arguments sake) is a big shiny axe... 

Wrestle the knife off someone attacking you and your other half... 

Lots of reasons to kill... Hell there's always the naysayers who say that in X years we'll be fighting over water... I think if it's them or me dying of dehydration you can bet your arse I'd kill for water 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4720
    If our way of live was threatened, I.e. If our country were over run by Nazi's.
    I guess I could become a freedom fighter (obviously the regime would consider me a terrorist).
    But my target would be the regime not innocent by standees.
    I guess I could become a freedom fighter (obviously the regime would consider me a terrorist).
    What about the collaborators? Those who pay the Nazi-taxes and sit back as the genocide happens living in the homes of the untermensch sent to the ovens? Are they innocent? 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    A bit of a daft question IMO.  Nobody can realistically predict what might drive them to murder, so the answers are going to be a mixture of imagined scenarios with imagined responses, and jokes.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    A bit of a daft question IMO.  Nobody can realistically predict what might drive them to murder, so the answers are going to be a mixture of imagined scenarios with imagined responses, and jokes.
    Lot of people already turning "kill" into "murder"... 

Two different questions. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4720
    Myranda said:
    What about the collaborators? Those who pay the Nazi-taxes and sit back as the genocide happens living in the homes of the untermensch sent to the ovens? Are they innocent? 
    It's a difficult one. I could not stand by and do nothing
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Freedom, but then again, everyone's idea of Freedom varies so we'd all end up dead.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I don't think there is anything I'd kill for, other than defending me and mine (and even then I don't think I could actually intentionally kill).

Even the mugger/old lady one, what he's doing is terrible but should it cost him his life? I know I couldn't take it from him.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    Myranda said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Two different questions. 
    Are they ?  Both are deliberate acts with the same goal and likely the same gaol (see wot I did there :-) )  In the context of he OP's question, what's the difference ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    Emp_Fab said:
    Myranda said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Two different questions. 
    Are they ?  Both are deliberate acts with the same goal and likely the same gaol (see wot I did there :-) )  In the context of he OP's question, what's the difference ?
    Because there are circumstances where killing isn't illegal (therefore not murder). Police officers and soldiers sometimes have to kill as part of their jobs... Not murder (as long as it's done properly). 

Other killing can be illegal but not murder but that shouldn't fall within the scope of the question. 

Point is there could well be forum members who have killed but not murdered... So the distinction is important