Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

4.52am: A Free Weekly Guitar & Music Magazine - Please Spread the word chaps :)

What's Hot

Comments

• 72 pages every week - wow!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7113
    tFB Trader
    Excellent content, great achievement!

Just one technical comment. I'm using Chrome at 1680x1050 pixels and the body font doesn't render well at all and is quite difficult to read?
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Now THAT is a good read.   Well done Jooky et al.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I really enjoyed that. The tech side is s bit temperamental on a Google Pixel C tablet but you're not alone there.
    Well done.
  • Excellent content, great achievement!

Just one technical comment. I'm using Chrome at 1680x1050 pixels and the body font doesn't render well at all and is quite difficult to read?
    Thanks for that Steve, I'll try and duplicate that :)

72 pages every week - wow!
    There should be 100 this time (we're having to re-typeset it all (long story) so the remainder will be tagged on to the end before morning, I think.

It was a bumper first issue though, I think generally it will be about 60 pages each week :)

Of course next week is the Blues Snooze issue, so it will feel longer...

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23536
    JookyChap said:
    Excellent content, great achievement!

Thanks for that Steve, I'll try and duplicate that :)

Also using Chrome, I get a sort of pink tint over the whole screen, not when I first click on the link but as soon as I open the magazine.  Come to think of it, the same thing happens if I try to watch YouTube in full screen mode.  Maybe it's just a peculiarity of my PC.  Ignore me.

Looks good though, although I haven't had time to read much yet.
  • Well I enjoyed it
    Very well done all involved!!!
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Not read it all yet but really enjoying it so far.

The Kamikaze girls track I listened to was ace.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Really enjoying this mag, the writing is engaging and I'm really happy to be introduced to Julia jacklins music. What a voice! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Love it! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    Excellent - lovely writing style. Very enjoyable.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4758
    Had a quick look and really liked it - well written and well presented and, wait for it, interesting too.

Looking forward to more blues based articles, though, how to play like Fat Lemon Wilberforce and stuff.....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6409
    Love it.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • @rlw said:
    Had a quick look and really liked it - well written and well presented and, wait for it, interesting too.

Looking forward to more blues based articles, though, how to play like Fat Lemon Wilberforce and stuff.....
    Hi people are talking to my people, I'll keep you informed :)

cheers all anyway

• SeshSesh Frets: 1871
    Very well done to all involved.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Wow - my Gibson and I made Issue 1 - so chuffed, thank you!

Fantastic work, Mark, I'm just about to dive in for a good read.
  • Hi 
    first up a really great to see a new approach to Guitar and Music magazines very much enjoyed it. It introduced me to Julia Jacklins music which I enjoyed.

as you evolve from a personal point of view as a digital publication it would really good to have some of the potential content imbedded or linked in some way. For example MS Jacklin has links and a sound cloud page it would be nice if she had perhaps recommended a track that says what she is about. Rather than just a link to her site then rummage about and find her media clips. Again the Plastic Mac review these are interesting guitars with an interesting history and a great sonic quality I only know as my friend owns two. Hearing an embedded clip of the tested guitars would say a lot. It does not have to be like guitarist with lots of specially written ditty a that show off all the knobs and stuff just hearing a short clip gets into the ballpark of what something can do.

anyway if it stays exactly as it is it will firmly be on my reading list every week

thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Congratulations mate 
  • @Jez6345789 said:
    Hi 
    first up a really great to see a new approach to Guitar and Music magazines very much enjoyed it. It introduced me to Julia Jacklins music which I enjoyed.

as you evolve from a personal point of view as a digital publication it would really good to have some of the potential content imbedded or linked in some way. For example MS Jacklin has links and a sound cloud page it would be nice if she had perhaps recommended a track that says what she is about. Rather than just a link to her site then rummage about and find her media clips. Again the Plastic Mac review these are interesting guitars with an interesting history and a great sonic quality I only know as my friend owns two. Hearing an embedded clip of the tested guitars would say a lot. It does not have to be like guitarist with lots of specially written ditty a that show off all the knobs and stuff just hearing a short clip gets into the ballpark of what something can do.

anyway if it stays exactly as it is it will firmly be on my reading list every week

thanks

Thanks for that Jez - and everybody else has that has given us some feedback :)

re. Content - The plan was (and still is) to have videos in each of the features where we can. Certainly the version of Issue Uno we finished last week had two videos of Julia Jacklin, Microdance and Kamikaze Girls - with the reviews having one each iirc.

The demos for ThorpyFX's Fallout Cloud and the Thornton Dexter both had a demo video too, and the Probett '59 Rocket had one of the guitar, and two more that were a workshop tour. And so on..

As for the vintage and readers guitars, we don't actually get the guitars, I just asked for pictures, but yes it would be cool. I'll get my list over to @miserneil and he can drop them around ;)

Unfortunately, when our server died 20 minutes before the thing was published, which then fed something that sent 12K emails to the registered peeps, then did the Facebook, Twitter and everything else things it was a bit of a mare as we basically were unable to access any of the files and it just stopped.

So, long story short we started from scratch and blitzed it on Sunday and got the bare minimum out, pictures and text and even then missed a bunch of the reviews out (which is why a couple of bands are named on the cover but did not appear in the mag.)

Initially we were going to recreate what should have been, but then it probably isn't worth it now (as most of the registered people have seen it and then a couple of thousand more and I can't believe they will keep coming somehow.)

Instead then we'll move on to issue two, Mark King, Luke Haines and the rest and have more reviews than originally planned and fongers-crissed it will work. Saying that we've sorted out a better backup process just in case, so we'll see.

Bit of a toasty baptism then, and I may be getting a little grief over picking such a reasonable time to publish it in the first place, but there we are. All the fun of the fair

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2850
    What a really good look and read - well done