Should I buy a SG?

What's Hot

Comments

• ExorcistExorcist Frets: 666
    My SG Custom will be buried with me. It was on a stand in the 'music room' yesterday (man cave) and my little dog had got in there and somehow knocked it over, it was on its back, headstock on the pedal board, and I was convinced I was going to find the neck broken. Nope, couldn't find a (new) mark on it, just the low E was out of tune. Never been so relieved!.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    I just posted this on the P90 thread... but it deserves to be here too. Amazing guitar control, but what a sound....

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23699
    I wish I hadn't sold my Pete Townshend SG.  Wraparound bridge, P-90s and a fat neck.  What was I thinking?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 569
    Buy one immediately . . .  
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Philly_Q said:
    I wish I hadn't sold my Pete Townshend SG.  Wraparound bridge, P-90s and a fat neck.  What was I thinking?
    Don't worry,

You Won't get fooled again !
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    They call him the Seeker. Get on the 5:19 and you can See for Miles. Go try a Quick One While He's Away, you'll get a Bargain and you'll see The Real Me.

:-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23699
    edited October 2016
    Alnico said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Don't worry,

You Won't get fooled again !
    Maybe one day I'll find a Substitute.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 569
    In fact . . . buy two . . .
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• fnptfnpt Frets: 756
    edited October 2016
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • I've long suspected that an SG with p90s is exactly what I need. Need to get out and actually play some though.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4805
    edited October 2016
    I've long suspected that an SG with p90s is exactly what I need. Need to get out and actually play some though.

I've played an SG with P90's - sounded very nice and, as you'd expect, a little different to humbuckers ie darker than strat single coils but brighter than humbuckers.  They are very 'musical' sounding and I suppose are best thought of as a 'hybrid' tone between h/b and single-coils - however, although perhaps not quite as bad as standard strat single coils, they do pick up noise.  I can definitely see the 'P90' attraction though and was thinking of getting myself a P90 guitar.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10416
    Absolutely love mine.So resonant when played acoustically and really screams when played in anger.I bought it on a whim because I had money burning a hole in my pocket and its become my favourite guitar along with my Charvel.It's one that I'll never let go of.

Obligatory pic.....

Sg https://imgur.com/a/sKzPr
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Would love an SG but terrified of neck breakage! Am I being a pussy?
    Yes you are.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Philly_Q said:
    Now that is something I would want...
  • I just can't get one as I associate then with a total knob at school who played one.
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    edited October 2016
    Yes, you must have an SG. I got mine from @badlydrawnbanjo three years ago. The most lightweight and comfortable guitar to play. Thin body, fat neck heaven. They're versatile, too. Can sound like a Tele.
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
  • Or maybe a Tele? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    impmann said:
    They call him the Seeker. Get on the 5:19 and you can See for Miles. Go try a Quick One While He's Away, you'll get a Bargain and you'll see The Real Me.

5:15 man, 5:15!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    pmg said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Now that is something I would want...
    I'll buy yours if you do  :)
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga