Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

kirk hammet?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Rave said:
    Here's the brand new Metallica track released today. Have a listen to Kirk's solo.

They really did run out of ideas about 20 years ago didn't they?

Sounds like a B side from the Black Album.

But isn't this the problem that almost all bands that last a long time have? They have done this already, done it better and have run out of ideas in the meantime. It's not bad. It's just not interesting anymore. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's the brand new Metallica track released today. Have a listen to Kirk's solo.

1:02 - Love the fact they can't spell their own band name 
    out of the 3 pre released tracks from the new album this is by far the best IMHO 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I don't get it.
    I must be older than I thought.
  • 'mustang sally through a CS guitar, OG Klon & Lazy J to an empty pub' shit

Classic :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23699
    @Sassafras ; Are you winding us up, or are you genuinely a complete stranger to the world of Metallica?
  • Hmm...the song sounds like it's nearly good. It's a bit 'stanger' in that it sounds like they've come up with a riff and just bashed on for 5 minutes. It's not like a song...with sections...and interesting bits...like they used to do...when they were gooder.
  • lol the suggestion you can't pass critique unless you gig and / or record.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RaveRave Frets: 268
    usedtobe said:
    Rave said:
    Best not get started on Slash!..

Hahaahhahahaha.. That's fucking hilarious!

People keep telling me Slash is a guitar God..
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    samzadgan said:
    first of all...lets break this down, people are talking shit about Kirk now and for the last 10-15 years...but to me the last 26 years metallica hasn't put out anything worth while to begin with, so you cant just Kirks performance when you are talking in context of mediocre music.

I was a metallica fan when Ride the Lightning first came out, and from Kill 'em all to And Justice for all, Metallica was the best band, by far. Slayer was great...but in that period no one came close to Metallica (in my opinion).

So if you want to talk about Kirk being lazy or a not deserving of his fame for guitar playing, you need to listen to those albums...the solo's he did were memorable and amazing, and because those 4 albums (4 of the most important albums in metal history) Kirk is a guitar god till the day he dies.

As for Lars...again...see above. The drumming he did in Master of Puppets was incredible.

Its easy to say "you're only as good as your last performance or your last album" but fuck, some respect needs to be given to what these guys have done for music over a 10 year period that arguable changed a whole genre beyond just thrash metal.
    You said it, completely agree if you were into this scene in the 80s no-one came close.  Then the black album came along and it all went south....
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24887
    Loved Kirk's early stuff. I still love the solos on Jump In The Fire. 

I don't even mind the black album as that was really the beginning of the wah cliche taking complete control, and so wasn't quite a cliche just yet.

I love "justice" but I do wish it was remixed.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Philly_Q said:
    @Sassafras ; Are you winding us up, or are you genuinely a complete stranger to the world of Metallica?

I'm happy to say that until now I'd lived in blissful ignorance of that horrible noise.
    And of the windmilling hair moves. =)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom