Really nice semi-acoustics?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I really liked the Case guitar until I saw the headstock. Ugh, they're hideous!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I really liked the Case guitar until I saw the headstock. Ugh, they're hideous!
    I could not disagree more @lasermonkey but of course each to his or her own... :D 

Whitecat said:
    Megii said:
    Knaggs Chena looks to be a beautiful guitar @Whitecat - I have to envy you that one.
    Thanks, they are exceptional and worth a try if you can find one. I think Sound Affects Premier has a Tier 2 secondhand at the moment in red. World Guitars is getting a Knaggs delivery soon too apparently but I have no idea if they are getting any Chenas or not.

I don't have a pic to hand but mine looks a lot like this one:

Not to worry @Whitecat - my main point with this thread was just to get a bit of chat going about semi-acoustics, and to look at some nice guitars, and that certainly is one such. Having said that, if there is ever one I can try in easy to reach distance, I would take the opportunity. :)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12118
    Jalapeno said:
    Megii said:
    high end?? does around  £3k+ count?

Japanese-made Ibanez Pat Metheny & George Bensons
    PRS Hollowbody is wonderful
    Anything you think is really great would count really @ToneControl, regardless of price. I guess I'm breaking my "centre-block" rule but I have admired the Ibby P120 Metheny model, which they sadly don't make any more. And I've always quite liked the GB10 Benson model. And I'd love to try a PRS Hollowbody given the chance. A while ago, I did exchange some emails with Tom Waghorn, and talked about the possibility of a Sauria J done with PRS Hollowbody type construction and features. Sadly current economic circumstances don't permit me to go ahead with that one, but maybe one day.
    PRS Hollowbody has no central block
      Nearly all PRS Hollowbodies have a centreblock - you can't have a TOM or wraparound bridge without one. Even the SCJ I had was a centreblock guitar.
    I was meaning it has no block running from the neck down to the bridge
    There is a narrow block under the bridge, attached to front and back
    Jalapeno said:
    Megii said:

Anything you think is really great would count really @ToneControl, regardless of price. I guess I'm breaking my "centre-block" rule but I have admired the Ibby P120 Metheny model, which they sadly don't make any more. And I've always quite liked the GB10 Benson model. And I'd love to try a PRS Hollowbody given the chance. A while ago, I did exchange some emails with Tom Waghorn, and talked about the possibility of a Sauria J done with PRS Hollowbody type construction and features. Sadly current economic circumstances don't permit me to go ahead with that one, but maybe one day.
      Nearly all PRS Hollowbodies have a centreblock - you can't have a TOM or wraparound bridge without one. Even the SCJ I had was a centreblock guitar.
    Thought that might be the case - cheers for clarifying @ToneControl.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12118
    Megii said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Megii said:

Thought that might be the case - cheers for clarifying @ToneControl.
    ultra-light too, worth  considering for some - probably my lightest guitar other than steinbergers
  • Hi, Megii :)
    Long time no speak!
    Stunned by those Case guitars linked on your initial post.  It's rekindled my building gas for a semi!
    Hi, Megii :)
    Long time no speak!
    Stunned by those Case guitars linked on your initial post.  It's rekindled my building gas for a semi!
    Hi Andy - yes long time our paths haven't crossed I know, I guess mainly because my partscaster building days seem to have come to an end. And those Case guitars are indeed striking things, I came across them randomly searching around the web, and one of those things where you can just tell it's a bit of a stand out. Anyhow - yes! do it! build that amazing semi-acoustic guitar that's in your head, you know you want to. And then make one for me... :)