Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your most hated single song?

What's Hot

Comments

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    edited January 2017
    Few more I dislike:

How You Remind Me - Nickleback

Bad Day - Daniel Powter (thanks go to the folks who nominated this - they reminded me how shit it is)

These Words (think that's what it's called) - Natasha Bedingfield

And a special mention for these fucking yarlfests:

Wherever You Will Go - The Calling
    Lola Montez - Volbeat
    Interstate Love Song - STP
    With Arms Wide Open - Creed

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713

Am I the only one who hates Come on Eileen?

no your not, utterly tragic piece of shite 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    I had, thankfully, forgotten this. But then I remembered, so, like Ring, the only way to save myself is to share it.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1247
    fob said:

[What if God was] One of Us - Joan Osborne.

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm - Crash Test Dummies.

What's Up - 4 Non Blondes.

For some reason I thought these three songs were all out at the same time, but a quick search shows there was at least a year between each one. I remember thinking at the time that this was a sign that the 90's was going to be a terrible decade for music. However, a fourth song I associate with those three I actually quite enjoy but I'm guessing might make this list for a lot of other people:

edit: not to have my cake and eat it - Joan Osborne is the worst of those.

That's just madness!  Total madness!!!
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1247

I'm with @Col_Decker on this, more than half the songs listed here are great!

I'll go for Don't Upset The Rhythm by the Noisettes, mostly because it typifies the crap on the album Wild Young Hearts, which as a follow up to the spectacular What's The Time Mr Wolf was ABSOLUTE DRIVEL!

Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000

The Kayne west song 'real firends' is the worst durge there is, it makes me angry how this self indulgent c~~t can release something that a stoned 14 year old could record in one take on an iphone, and the radio lap it up.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    MrBump said:

I'll go for Don't Upset The Rhythm by the Noisettes, mostly because it typifies the crap on the album Wild Young Hearts, which as a follow up to the spectacular What's The Time Mr Wolf was ABSOLUTE DRIVEL!

I don't actually mind Wild Young Hearts, but you're essentially right :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• m_cm_c Frets: 1272
    I will tolerate most things when listening to the radio, but the moment I hear Dido singing White Flag, an alternative station is quickly sought. I'm not sure why, but I just can't tolerate that song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The one that's always inexplicably got right on my tits more than anything else is Come Up And See Me (Make Me Smile) by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.

I think it's the fact that he looks and sounds like a Little Britain character.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SporkySporky Frets: 30139
    The one that's always inexplicably got right on my tits more than anything else is Come Up And See Me (Make Me Smile) by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.

I think it's the fact that he looks and sounds like a Little Britain character.
    Agreed. And yet I really like the Wedding Present's version.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    m_c said:
    I will tolerate most things when listening to the radio, but the moment I hear Dido singing White Flag, an alternative station is quickly sought. I'm not sure why, but I just can't tolerate that song.
    Have a wisdom, although to be honest you can put all of Dido's musak in the bin, utter shite and she can't sing. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Anything by Nickleback, although if I had to choose one it would be that "I've been up, I've been down, to the bottom of a barell" one. First time I heard it I thought someone had connected a bowel up to my radio!
  • MotorhateMotorhate Frets: 238
    Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson. When it came out second time round in 1986 I smashed up the work radio I was so sick of it. I had a “Falling Down” moment and just lost the plot. I was almost sacked for my trouble in the process.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    Any of those stupid Crazy Frog type songs. Actually, those things are so shit, I'm not sure if they even count as songs.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    ICBM said:
    Hard to pick just one, but probably 'May You Never' by John Martyn. May I never hear it ever again. Although it barely matters because not only is it an awful song, once it's mentioned - much less heard - it's almost impossible to get out of your head for ages.
    I was wrong - there's a worse one. I heard five seconds of it on the radio this morning before I could turn it off, and now it's stuck in my head again. I'm actually surprised I (mercifully) forgot it the first time…

Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer.

There has never been a more blandy smug pathetic excuse for a pop record, ever. It makes the Shitehouse Family sound like the Rolling Stones.

It even tops that infuriating Prefab Sprout song with 'hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque' in it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SnapSnap Frets: 6288
    I hate everything about you - ugly kid joe.

Its not funny, its not good.

The whole of Terrorvision's catalogue

that acoustic heap of arse by Mr Big, can't remember its' name, but it had a naff black and white vid. Awful. As is More than Words, Extreme: all this softy arse rubbish. Bland crap.

No Limits, 2Unlimited. Please.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Slade - Merry Christmas as from September until the end of December its hard to avoid.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RaveRave Frets: 268
    Holding Back The Years by Simply Red. And anything else that features Mick Hucknall's voice. Makes me want to dive head first into an active volcano just to escape it.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Rave said:
    Holding Back The Years by Simply Red. And anything else that features Mick Hucknall's voice. Makes me want to dive head first into an active volcano just to escape it.
    Perfectly put.
  • Snap said:

that acoustic heap of arse by Mr Big, can't remember its' name, but it had a naff black and white vid. Awful. As is More than Words, Extreme: all this softy arse rubbish. Bland crap.