Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your most hated single song?

What's Hot

Comments

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Tough parameters, but I'll have to go with All The Single Ladies by Beyonce.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There are so many! One that springs to mind is Hippie Chick by Soho. It sampled the intro to How Soon is Now by the Smiths and every time it came on the radio it would get my attention until the shit dance beat bollocks came in.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Am I the only one who hates Come on Eileen?

No.No,youre not.

You're really not. I cannot understand how the same band that recorded Geno could spoodge out this twee drivel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16378

Am I the only one who hates Come on Eileen?

No.No,youre not.

You're really not. I cannot understand how the same band that recorded Geno could spoodge out this twee drivel.
    My sister in law's best friend was Eireen and my brother rejoiced in tunelessly singing come on Eireen over and over and over. I'm fine with the original but have come to hate it by association. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Nikko said:

Vanessa Paradis' choreographer: yer da at a weddin'.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23602

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith.

It's not my most hated but it really does deserve a mention.  How the band who wrote and recorded Dream On could end up putting their names to something so utterly bland, boring and by-the-numbers I'll never know.  The only slight saving grace is that they didn't actually write it, but presumably there were no guns held to heads forcing them to record the fucking thing.

The original recording is bad enough, but it's compounded by the fact it's in that bloody awful shite Armageddon, plus it's been mauled by endless idiots on American Idol and the X Factor whenever they have a "rock week".

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14765
    tFB Trader
    Dominic said:
    TTony said:
    Radiohead
    Yup.

And Coldplay.
    Second that
    wouldn't it be great if Trumps adds Coldplay and Radiohead to his list of 'not welcome in the USA'
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14765
    tFB Trader

No.No,youre not.
    never got excited enough to come on Eileen
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship.

Ear AIDS. Unadulterated sonic cock yoghurt from beginning to end. I can't be within even faint earshot of this song, or I will smash things.

I'm nicking "cock yoghurt". It shall be the van drivers new nickname........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73045
    Don't forget the equally appalling "We Built This City On Rock And Roll". Voted as the worst song of all time in more than one poll...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Don't forget the equally appalling "We Built This City On Rock And Roll". Voted as the worst song of all time in more than one poll...
    Wisdom very much added (several times if I could).
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865

No.No,youre not.
    No - it's absolutely awful.

And they were a bunch of scruffy bastards - Kevin Rowland always looked like he needed a good wash....
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178
    Fairground by Simply Red, the background music in the verses sounds like somebody is abusing a chimp.

Also Janet Jackson - Together Again. I hated the syrupy lyrics of this song when first heard it.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    Snap said:
    The Coors - what sort of people like this SHIT??

Unbelievably crap, every single song. The one big single they did, jesus that;s bad. It could drive me to eat iron filings
    I have a colleague who readily admits having seen these, in fact I believe I have heard them described as 'his first gig' (the second was westlife) -every time it happens I find myself imagining I am lunging across the table, arms outstretched with hands clutching tightly at his throat. Mind you I say as much, so it is no big secret!
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited January 2017
    bon jovi, living on a prayer. so monumentally shite.
    that may be equal favourite hater with wonderwall (already mentioned).
    the amount i hate a song is directly proportionate to the number of times i have had to hear it when i didn't want to. & wonderwall & prayer were like shitpub mucial wallpaper in the late 90s.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23602
    DrJazzTap said:
    Fairground by Simply Red, the background music in the verses sounds like somebody is abusing a chimp.

Oh, that's reminded me of... Perfect by Fairground Attraction.  Horrible smug shite.
  • Philly_Q said:
    DrJazzTap said:

Oh, that's reminded me of... Perfect by Fairground Attraction.  Horrible smug shite.
    Indeed, & speaking of Simply Red have we had Stars yet? Mika? This Love by Moron 5? the song about the kitchen by R-Kelly?  & who could forget the cover theme song from 8 Weddings & a Funeral by Wet Wet Wet? All warehouse radio loop-tape torture hits.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    and Crowded House
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2665

This. I'm not entirely sure why but every time I hear it I want to smash whatever audio device it's vomiting out of.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    The thing with some of these songs you hate is that they are good or at least decent songs but you hate them for another reason. 

In my case, I have no idea what the song is, but it played in the Stamford Street Nandos once and ruined my Lunch. It was the absolute worst song I've ever heard and didn't fit with any of the other songs playing. 

It started out with a nice rhodes/wurlitser piano melody reminiscent of Still Crazy After All These Years, but then changed to some Techno Crap with people screaming in Portuguese.