Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA - Thomann Vouchers

What's Hot

Comments

• Hmm ok thanks I might just wait a day and see what happens.
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I get the same problem regardless of which box i enter it in :(
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 128
    edited February 2014
    Hi All, I had a problem trying to enter four vouchers and ended setting the payment method to bank transfer and adding comments to the order. This worked fine but I didn't bargain for simple transfer costing me fifteen f*cking quid.

This doesn't answer your problem above but the point I want to make is that I called Thomann and it was all sorted and changed to a CC payment in a couple of minutes. The guy I spoke to was American and couldn't have been more helpful even though it was me that made a dogs dinner of the whole thing. 

Cheers, Pete
    They don't want your name, they just want your number.
  • I emailed thomann last night and had an email in my in box asking me to put the voucher code and a note in the comments field under "more options".

Ive submitted the order so will let you know if that worked for me, otherwise @HippoPetes 's suggestion of phoning might be the best bet.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Yep worked for me, quick turn around on requests to a generic email id too. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4238
    edited February 2014
    Just got a €10 voucher from them for two reviews I wrote yesterday - excellent! :D

*edit* ordered the HB powerplant junior, £23.16 to my door! I didn't have any problems with the voucher code, but I used PayPal for the payment so that might have helped?
  • I have two coupons for 45 and 10 euros and it will only accept one. 

I can submit one of the coupons at checkout, but when I submit the second coupon it over-rides the first. For example, 100 euro to be paid, submit the 45 euro voucher and then the remainder to be paid updates to 55 euros. Then submit the 10 euro coupon, and instead of the remainder changing to 45, it reverts back to 90 euro.

Bugger :(

• LevLev Frets: 228
    Bogwhoppit;155617" said:
    I have two coupons for 45 and 10 euros and it will only accept one.   I can submit one of the coupons at checkout, but when I submit the second coupon it over-rides the first. For example, 100 euro to be paid, submit the 45 euro voucher and then the remainder to be paid updates to 55 euros. Then submit the 10 euro coupon, and instead of the remainder changing to 45, it reverts back to 90 euro. Bugger :(  
    same for me, I emailed to find out how to use more than one voucher, awaiting response.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756

I have two coupons for 45 and 10 euros and it will only accept one. 

I can submit one of the coupons at checkout, but when I submit the second coupon it over-rides the first. For example, 100 euro to be paid, submit the 45 euro voucher and then the remainder to be paid updates to 55 euros. Then submit the 10 euro coupon, and instead of the remainder changing to 45, it reverts back to 90 euro.

Bugger :(

I have the same (45 and 10) - still not sure what to buy though so I haven't tried it - I'm sure the instructions mentioned them trying to combine but they could be individual vouchers so it's probably worth an email and they'll sort it.  
  • To get my voucher working I put something really expensive in the shopping cart I then added the voucher and then deleted the item and added the things I wanted, it worked out well!

Has anyone tried to do it twice? I had just got a 50 euro voucher and spent it, I know they say 50 euro per person but has anyone been able to do it again?
    Old Is Gold
  • Whilst sodding around trying to get their system to accept two coupons, I've somehow managed to place the order without paying ?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had the overwriting issue. Apparently at the payment stage of checkout you need to tick the "send a comment " box and paste in all your voucher codes there. 

In my case, I called them to sort out the fact that I stupidly selected bank transfer payment.

What was important here though is that the chap at the other end was quite switched on to the issue that people needed to consolidate vouchers so I'm confident you'll get your money off.
    They don't want your name, they just want your number.
  • This is like pulling teeth.

I have one order pending, and now they want me to start another this time entering the coupons in the comment box. However, they haven't addressed whether I should still enter my credit card details along with this second order (therefore paying full wack and hope they reduce it by the coupon amounts). Add into that the German / English translation and I have disappeared up my own backside.

I think I'll call it a day and leave the coupons to expire.

• LevLev Frets: 228
    To put everyone's mind at ease, I have just completed a credit card order and used 3 separate vouchers. Thomann emailed me earlier and asked me to include the additional vouchers in the comment section.

I too was worried that my card would be charged at the basket total without the vouchers getting applied. However a couple of hours later I got a confirmation email showing the amount charged to my card which was correctly discounted with all my vouchers. So it was all pretty painless in the end.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited February 2014
    Lev said:
    To put everyone's mind at ease, I have just completed a credit card order and used 3 separate vouchers. Thomann emailed me earlier and asked me to include the additional vouchers in the comment section.

Same here.

• carloscarlos Frets: 3527
    Thanks for the tip, guys. Just got my €50 voucher.
  • I'm playing the long game with Thomanns.

Three weeks into my journey and my order still states awaiting payment, regardless of the fact I paid by CC. Contact via email is slow and incredibly inefficient ( inefficient Germans...never ! ).  I predict delivery some time in 2015...of the wrong item.

• Im surprised. They answered my email within the same day and payemnt minus the voucher amount was sorted out immediately afterwards.Got my missed delivery card yesterday morning so assume its all gone thoruhg pretty swiftly.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Im surprised. They answered my email within the same day and payemnt minus the voucher amount was sorted out immediately afterwards.Got my missed delivery card yesterday morning so assume its all gone thoruhg pretty swiftly.

I've used Thomanns since the 90s. This is the first 'problematic' sale I've ever had with them. I'll just resend the same email every 48 hours in the hope of a reply, or cancel the order and forgo the coupons.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I think the Thomann internet store is structured so that each order is assigned to one salesman to follow through and deal with. Maybe you just got unlucky and your guy is ill/ shit at his job/ about to quit/ a rampant nazi englander hater?