Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I'm sorry dude
    So difficult
    1 day at a time remember 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    Funnily enough, I was thinking of posting a thread tonight asking if anyone knew how things were with you - but decided against it, as I figured you obviously wanted privacy.

Thanks for keeping us updated Thomas - as ever - it sounds like you're doing a great job, in the most difficult of circumstances....

Take care,

Richard
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Thanks, guys!

TBH regarding time off, I've got financial obligation re the mortgage but I'll be working the rest of my life and time is more precious... But if I took my 3-6 months in Feb I'd have run out by now. The "timing" is the worst bit (also fearing forgetting little things about her in future.. need to do more videos) and I often feel selfish for not taking the time now. I ask myself, am I placing work before Sheena? I'll stop blabbing about that now but it does weigh on my mind a lot. 

Still need to get pics of Disney up and Sheena opening the door of the house on the first day ... Maybe when we get internet proper!

Cheers!
    Thomas
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Glad you found a moment to give us an update, Thomas - I think of you two often.  

As Richard mentioned above, I've several times thought "We haven't heard from Thomas in a while", but then figured you've enough on your plate without us lot mithering you.  Also pleased to hear that everyone is happy with the house.

Keep on truckin, mate!
    Al.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    As everyone else says. You are inspiring strong and amazing everyone with an ability to keep things together under extreme pressure. Stay well and be you, very few people could cope as you are. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2674
    You're an inspiration mate. All my best to you and Sheena.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Thanks, guys!

TBH regarding time off, I've got financial obligation re the mortgage but I'll be working the rest of my life and time is more precious... But if I took my 3-6 months in Feb I'd have run out by now. The "timing" is the worst bit (also fearing forgetting little things about her in future.. need to do more videos) and I often feel selfish for not taking the time now. I ask myself, am I placing work before Sheena? I'll stop blabbing about that now but it does weigh on my mind a lot. 

Still need to get pics of Disney up and Sheena opening the door of the house on the first day ... Maybe when we get internet proper!

Cheers!
    Thomas
    Mate you've been amazing and done so much. Pointless to say because of course you will, but don't second guess yourself. Remember that so much of this is outside your - or anyone's- control. You've shown yourself a fine human being in terrible circumstances. No one could ask for more. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Was thinking about you guys yesterday, and feared the worst when I saw you hadn't posted in a while. 

Glad the house move went OK. Sounds like you are coping magnificently with all of this. 

All the best. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Good to have the good support on here. 

In fact, as Sheena would say, "what's this 'good' nonsense?" - brilliant support! :)

Hope you all have a great week! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14853
    tFB Trader
    Funnily enough, I was thinking of posting a thread tonight asking if anyone knew how things were with you - but decided against it, as I figured you obviously wanted privacy.

Thanks for keeping us updated Thomas - as ever - it sounds like you're doing a great job, in the most difficult of circumstances....

Take care,

Richard
    I was in the same position - fearing the worse or maybe just missed the latest post - chin up and best wishes from us all  Mark
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27854
    Tom, I honestly have no idea how you're doing all of this. You're a credit to your family, and humanity, frankly.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I can only echo the words of everyone else in this thread. 

You have been in my thoughts recently - really appreciate the update. It sounds like you're making the best of an awful situation. 

All the best

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12530
    Like others I've wondered what was happening and feared the worst. Good to hear everything is still (relatively) ok. You're doing a great job Tom, all the best mate. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I speak to Tommy almost daily on WhatsApp.

I'm sure he won't mind me saying that this strength you see on his posts here is not just for show to you lot.
    Every day I'm in awe of this guy and my own daft problems are always put into perspective by talking to him.
    I make sure he gets a daily dose of "What you up to today?" and other mundane normality but I'm always there for him to blurt out to which he does fairly regularly and he also knows that my sleeping pattern not withstanding, his messages always get answered.......my phone never leaves my side for all kinds of reasons.

Tommy, I wish you lived closer.

Talk soon.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6274
    Alnico said:

I'm sure he won't mind me saying that this strength you see on his posts here is not just for show to you lot.
    Every day I'm in awe of this guy and my own daft problems are always put into perspective by talking to him.
    I make sure he gets a daily dose of "What you up to today?" and other mundane normality but I'm always there for him to blurt out to which he does fairly regularly and he also knows that my sleeping pattern not withstanding, his messages always get answered.......my phone never leaves my side for all kinds of reasons.

Talk soon.
    DItto, he's a damn fine lad.
  • Tom, I'm consistently amazed at how much you are able to manage, I would've descended into a self destructive mess long ago. You, Sheena & the kids are in my thoughts; the open invitation to chat if you ever need to or just want a distraction is still very much there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    Fucking hell man I am so sorry to hear that
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Alnico said:

Talk soon.
    He was really good company when he was here and always looked out for his step daughter as well. A really strong and solid bloke all round. Was a privilege making sure getting to GnR and finding everything was easy and as for the man's playing, I was blown away. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Yeah,
    If you've never heard Tommy play.......
    Just wow  !
    Stunning player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    I'm really pleased your wife has got the house she always wanted. I know there are unbelievably tough times ahead still and I wish you all the best.

It it sounds like you are doing a great job of keeping the ship steady at the moment. Keep it up. 

Your family are lucky to have you...
    Previously known as stevebrum