Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited August 2017
    It really is - lovely red brick buildings with lots of green on show. We're at the "Churchill hotel" - really nice! 

Last day will be in Scarborough as Sheena loves the
    shows.

Plan to visit Arran, too.. haven't really seen enough of the UK!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29191
    Will you be in Scarborough on Monday then?

If so then I very strongly recommend you go to watch the Naval Warfare in Peasholm Park - it's brilliant. Arrive early though - it gets busy.

http://www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com/Scarborough-Naval-Warfare/details/?dms=3&feature=1004&venue=1710588

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sporky I just ran that past Sheena and she's totally up for it. 

Just in a restaurant getting a steak, why not - gonna be skint soon anyway :lol:  this is really brilliant... Seriously I am loving York...
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    In york and you haven't mentioned the awesomeness of Evil Eye? For shame!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29191
    @Sporky I just ran that past Sheena and she's totally up for it.
    It's proper old-fashioned entertainment. Lady BMcH and I went some years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Hopefully we see it - whatever Sheena is up for :)

What's the evil eye...?
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Hopefully we see it - whatever Sheena is up for :)

What's the evil eye...?
    Cocktail bar in York. Located on Stonegate I think (the street with that manky 5 foot teddy bear on, usually some twonk who's painted himself purple in sat on a bike further up the street). It's easy to miss as it looks like a shop, but go past the shop front and tada - awesome cocktail bar.
  • Will check it, but I only do the odd cider :)
    Have to say this is one of the nicest towns I've ever been to, I'm really loving this. And it's a great memory for Sheena and I. Just brilliant, all round..
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Argh it's the one weekend I'm away from home, otherwise I would have offered to have given you both a guided tour of he city - York really is a great and lovely city!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    Sporky said:
    Will you be in Scarborough on Monday then?

If so then I very strongly recommend you go to watch the Naval Warfare in Peasholm Park - it's brilliant. Arrive early though - it gets busy.

http://www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com/Scarborough-Naval-Warfare/details/?dms=3&feature=1004&venue=1710588

I'm amazed that it's still going - I saw that about 40 years ago !

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • We're going to see it, weather-depending :)
    @BigMonka, that's a shame but it's the thought that counts 8)
  • Weather was terrible so didn't manage to see the show in Scarborough :( 

I did see the 'evil eye" in York, though.

Our Scarborough hotel was terrible. York was great, though. Just fantastic to spend the time with Sheena. 

She's going to confront her son about why in 18+ months he hasn't asked about her or taken any interest (it's not a defence mechanism, he's just self-interested but she needs closure). Also need to set right a troublesome social worker who's meant to help Lisa through her mum's eventual death but who has made Sheena cry and provoke Lisa until she gets the answer she wants. Not on!! 

The drive back was nice. Other than when Sheena slept, it was lovely to have non-stop conversation with her about her life. We've never had any awkward silences in all our time together, it's just a joy and privilege to be half of the whole. 

So got back today.. her face is very puffy due to steroids (but I say more cuddly.. we cuddle a LOT!) and she's getting more tired but ok otherwise. Lots to do tomorrow. Not going to bother listing it, just so much. But now I'm off work, can spread it out and make sure to have more chats with my wife :)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14834
    tFB Trader
    Glad you enjoyed York - I was brought up near there as a kid and love it - great city - Scarborough, like many UK sea side towns, has had its day - big pity as it has potential - Somehow I still like Scarborogh, but better for a day than a week - But glad you had a good few days together with nice memories that will be with you forever - Thanks for the updates - best wishes to you all
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Weather was terrible so didn't manage to see the show in Scarborough :( 

I did see the 'evil eye" in York, though.

Our Scarborough hotel was terrible. York was great, though. Just fantastic to spend the time with Sheena. 

She's going to confront her son about why in 18+ months he hasn't asked about her or taken any interest (it's not a defence mechanism, he's just self-interested but she needs closure). Also need to set right a troublesome social worker who's meant to help Lisa through her mum's eventual death but who has made Sheena cry and provoke Lisa until she gets the answer she wants. Not on!! 

The drive back was nice. Other than when Sheena slept, it was lovely to have non-stop conversation with her about her life. We've never had any awkward silences in all our time together, it's just a joy and privilege to be half of the whole. 

So got back today.. her face is very puffy due to steroids (but I say more cuddly.. we cuddle a LOT!) and she's getting more tired but ok otherwise. Lots to do tomorrow. Not going to bother listing it, just so much. But now I'm off work, can spread it out and make sure to have more chats with my wife :)
    Not the only person to have had problems with Edinburgh social workers. I have heard a lot if bad stories from people who have had the misfortune of dealing with them.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited August 2017
    Going to get it sorted. 

On Tues it's the oncologist which is good because she is seriously (!!!) bloated. Could be ascites or edema or Cushing's syndrome - I've no idea, but oncologist should. Her face is round, her stomach bloated, her ankles very swollen. Not good for her, lots of crying about how she's not the person she used to be, but I'm offering lots of support, as well as family and friends. I feel the last two weeks has been a bit of a downslope unfortunately. Frequent afternoon naps, struggling up the stairs etc. Her eating has been legendary due to the steroids but the swelling is something else completely. Not good..!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    You and Sheena are in my thoughts Tommy <3

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks. Better get to bed. Going to get up and go for a run - I've found myself eating more too so got to keep that in check! Roll on Tuesday. 

You and Sheena are in my thoughts Tommy <3
    Whoever LOL'd this comment is a cunt!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    edited August 2017
    There are some odd people about, being charitable, it might have been a slip, who knows. I'm also off work with stress dealing with my wife who has stage 4 Renal Clear Cell Carcinoma that has metastacised to her lungs, take as long as you need fella, you'll do Sheena no good at all if you make yourself ill 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Maybe but I don't see anything funny in the comment either.....