Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Devastating News

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    :) 
    I used to be a walking joke book. Always liked this one:

Why shouldn't you stand behind the devil in the post office? -> because he takes many forms...
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    edited July 2017
    Clever! More I say, more!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852

Why shouldn't you stand behind the devil in the post office? -> because he takes many forms...
    Why did the old man fall into the well?

Because he couldn't see that well. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    kjdowd said:

Why did the old man fall into the well?

Because he couldn't see that well. 
    Spat my coffee out at that.
    edited July 2017

I felt like I just got it in the neck a little from a colleague who was on holiday one week from his big chip taping out. I tend to do a lot of the adventurous circuit design (really putting my neck on the line with this but been ok since I started the job years ago - given the cost of a chip a bad design can cost you your job, literally!) and I had to make a mad one-week design fix to a, quite frankly, very complex cell I created. This was while Sheena was ill and I was pulling really late hours - it's probably documented earlier in this thread. I noted the reasons why and put it all in e-mails yet it's only just getting picked up now and because it wasn't totally understood I'm having to defend it (that sounds "fair" but it's the way it was brought up... not right..)! Thing is, I do a lot of these designs which really gives the company great IP but not everybody manages to do this plus get the full chip out , which I do (on my own, I might add.... as opposed to half the office working on it, and this is the most complex chip we've ever done!!)... so it's the last time I put my neck on the line trying to help somebody else out! Plus, I'm going to speak to my boss in future who has mentioned promotion for the last 2-3 years but not much has happened (I can understand more recently... too many things on my plate). It should be based on ability and I think I'm doing a principal's job in terms of design. The guy is usually really good - maybe I'm just sensitive. He is a good guy. But I got jolted there. With office expansion I really feel there is jockeying for position going on and I hate that. I'll be glad to get away from this for some time. Might not want to come back! 
    The company might be going IPO in 3-5 years time but I wouldn't base a gain-for-money move on staying here... we'll probably not get much... whereas could go elsewhere now for shares every year for those 3-5 years right now. They're good here though and more to life than money. 

We are planning little trips to York and Arran. Hopefully Sheena will be ok for those. She's needed morphine every night (2-4am time) for the last 4-5 nights. Fingers crossed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    As I understand it today is your last day in the office isn't it?

LET IT GO!

Go home and forget about them.

You've got bigger and far more important things to concern yourself with.

Chips are for tea now and for at least 6 months.
    You're free of all that now man.

Go Home.
    ......and smile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Last day tomorrow and yeah I'll be glad to let it all go, big time!
    Last day tomorrow and yeah I'll be glad to let it all go, big time!
    Ok, my mistake I thought it was today.

So,.......there's your theme for tomorrow. 

Chips for tea.
    Hehe... 
    Will be very glad to get out of the rat race for a while, even putting sheena's condition aside.
    Hehe... 
    Will be very glad to get out of the rat race for a while, even putting sheena's condition aside.
    I think after what you've been through personally in the last 6 months you really need a break.
    Don't let it play on your mind and just hand it all over then walk away.
    It's not your company and your job is at home now.
    Worry about what happens after 6 months when that comes up. 
    I'm pleased for you man.
    Good for you.
    Thanks! 
    It'll be a major relief..

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    And just remember you are eminently employable. Chill on that front. 
  • Hope so..!! :lol: 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Even if you fry all those brain cells partying with @Evilmags, Tiggs, you'll always have a safe job as an alternative power source for a large city. :)
  • Oops!
    Last day today - I spoke to HR... I must have mistaken them as it turns out it's four months off, not six (3 months full pay, 1 month half pay). Maybe after then I could work from home or whatever. That was a surprise! Still good of them, mind..!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oops!
    Last day today - I spoke to HR... I must have mistaken them as it turns out it's four months off, not six (3 months full pay, 1 month half pay). Maybe after then I could work from home or whatever. That was a surprise! Still good of them, mind..!
    Don't worry man.
    If you need 6 months off you're taking it.

One day at a time now man.
  • Gotta say I feel this is one million percent the right thing to be doing. Of course I hope I've not left it too late, but I'm very, very glad to be doing this. It's the right thing to do. I worry too much about work - unnecessarily. It's not as important to me as it once was. Now to make the most of it.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3332
    Now to make the most of it.
    I don't know you dude and we've never met but I have followed this thread from the sidelines, those last few words they should be your mantra from now on. Wishing you all the best and sending positive thoughts to you and your family. Big Iove from the midlands.
  • Thank you :)

We just arrived in York for a 3 night trip. It's really lovely!!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24873
    Thank you :)

We just arrived in York for a 3 night trip. It's really lovely!!
    York's a beautiful city.

Enjoy your break.