Offer: Accepted.

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
We offered on a house a couple of days ago.
Offer was accepted.

Semi on the Acton/Chiswick borders with a 2 car garage which will be my guitar building workshop.
Moving 200m from where we are now.

Still have to sell ours.

VERY excited.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    Awesome! price and pics, thanks. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited August 2013
    That is the place.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27813879.html
    You really don't want to know what we paid.

If you look on the map you can see a street right about the house called Berrymead Gardens.
    That is where we currently live.
    300m away.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27053
    Awesome. Chiswick's lovely (at least it was the last time I was there a couple of years ago!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Thanks Mike.

Technically it is Acton, but a nice bit of Acton (well nicer than the bits that are permanently on fire).
    Chiswick is over the rail track, 350m away.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375

Congrats on the new house. :)

Prices in London have gotten crazy over the years. I checked up on my very first house a little while ago. We paid £11k for it in 1982... ok it was ex council and we got a discount as my ma-in-law had lived there for donkey's, but it was still only actually valued at £21k. An identical place two streets away is up for half a million now. :-O

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Congrats, it's bloody fantastic, even if in need of some serious redecorating. :)

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Congrats dude! I'll have to swing by sometime and try out your sex dungeon masquerading as a guitar workshop!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    edited August 2013
    Jesus that's a bloody excellent house! Well done sir. I love the chickenfoot on the front gable!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    boogieman said:

Congrats on the new house. :)

Prices in London have gotten crazy over the years. I checked up on my very first house a little while ago. We paid £11k for it in 1982... ok it was ex council and we got a discount as my ma-in-law had lived there for donkey's, but it was still only actually valued at £21k. An identical place two streets away is up for half a million now. :-O

Yeah it is nuts at the moment but it only seems to go up in the long term.
    The place we are selling has doubled in 4 years.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    octatonic said:
    Thanks Mike.

Technically it is Acton, but a nice bit of Acton (well nicer than the bits that are permanently on fire).
    Chiswick is over the rail track, 350m away.

coolio, so you'll be on the wrong side of the tracks?

Saw a grade 2 listed farmhouse with 20 acres for sale recently round here for about that asking price.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

ddlooping said:
    Congrats, it's bloody fantastic, even if in need of some serious redecorating. :)

Oh yes- it needs everything doing to it.
    At least this one is clean- we've renovated some real shit holes in the past.
    VimFuego said:

Saw a grade 2 listed farmhouse with 20 acres for sale recently round here for about that asking price.

Sort of.
    Acton is being slowly gentrified, like most areas in London I guess.
    The same house in Chiswick would be 1.5million.
    3 streets away.
  • Will the neighbours hear your stereo or your music makings if you do them in any of the rooms with adjoining walls?

I'd be tempted to put my lounge or music room in one of those that don't join onto the neighbours house, but then it would leave me with (a) not enough space in those rooms 'cos they're too small and (b) wasted space elsewhere.

However your requirements may well differ from mine, and being an older house the adjoining walls may be thik enough anyway.

Wishing you well in your new place. :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Will the neighbours hear your stereo or your music makings if you do them in any of the rooms with adjoining walls?

I'd be tempted to put my lounge or music room in one of those that don't join onto the neighbours house, but then it would leave me with (a) not enough space in those rooms 'cos they're too small and (b) wasted space elsewhere.

However your requirements may well differ from mine, and being an older house the adjoining walls may be thik enough anyway.

Wishing you well in your new place. :)
    It will be ok- I'll be in the end bedroom on the first floor- no shared walls there.
    I tend not to mix that loudly though.

The house we in now has shared walls- it isn't a huge problem- people tend to be cool if you keep them onside I find.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    you got a semi in Acton?? Pics or it never happened ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    octatonic said:
    VimFuego said:

Sort of.
    Acton is being slowly gentrified, like most areas in London I guess.
    The same house in Chiswick would be 1.5million.
    3 streets away.
    I lived just down the road in Brentford until recently. That's also slowly getting the upmarket treatment and prices will no doubt go ballistic very soon. Makes me laugh that all the new builds don't mention Brentford, they're all Kew Bridge West, Kew Gateway etc. Maybe something to do with Brentford actually being a bit of a shithole?
    :))
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    That's a lovely house ... good luck selling yours. That's a nice part of the world ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    And it has a cool man shed ... every house needs a man shed for man time .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    that's quite an erection ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom