Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What has gone wrong here on tFB?

What's Hot

Comments

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited August 2017
    kin said:
     @frank1985 ;;;;;;;, you are quite correct on both counts, which makes you one of the luckiest people in the world, what with having access to the contents of my mind and my trousers.
    I take no pleasure in peering through the depths of your trousers
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited August 2017
    Then I see very little point in you continuing to do it, but it's your life to do with as you will.

ffs. I've had to edit that three times and it still doesn't look right
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    Lets name and shame the idiots who just post drivel and lame fret whoring smart arse comments shall we? oh, hang on....

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5007
    As far as I am concerned the second anybody is abusive as part of a debate they have lost the argument. At which point I walk away taking the high road.
    A good debater is able to use reason and evidence to persuade other of their opinion. I'm willing to change my mind given the right evidence.
    If somebody resorts to abusive language you have obviously hit a nerve and have made them question their own beliefs 
    I tend to block people, as I don't visit websites to see or receive abuse; there was one I used to spend a lot of time on, but it got so bad that I just stopped going there altogether.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9708
    As far as I am concerned the second anybody is abusive as part of a debate they have lost the argument. At which point I walk away taking the high road.
    A good debater is able to use reason and evidence to persuade other of their opinion. I'm willing to change my mind given the right evidence.
    If somebody resorts to abusive language you have obviously hit a nerve and have made them question their own beliefs 
    Great post.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I'm actually concentrating my time and effort here now instead of other forums because I've found it to be nothing but a good place with good people. 

Maybe I haven't spent enough time here to form a more in depth opinion but I enjoy coming here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    Rocker said:
    It seems that holding a view which is different to that of the group in general, can result in spiteful remarks and comments.
    You can't take the moral high ground while accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a baying mob.

Furthermore you have a habit of posting unsubstantiated claims and refusing to engage in meaningful debate about them - you just dismiss every opposing viewpoint. At that point it's clear that you're not here for discussion, you're just screaming your views into the void - especially when you then use threads like this to try to shut down any disagreement with you by crying foul.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    This place isn't bad.  There are better*, but there are much worse.  Try getting some opinion on TGP or GearSlutz and you'll appreciate this place a little more.

*I visit a football forum a lot where there is never a bad word said to each other and it's hilarious.  It has to be seen to be believed.

Don't take it all too seriously though.  There has only ever been on thing on here said that bothered me to point where I thought about it the days after.  But that is far less than day to day interactions.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    joeyowen said:
    There has only ever been on thing on here said that bothered me to point where I thought about it the days after.
    Yeah, sorry about that - I thought you'd find it saucy.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Sporky said:
    joeyowen said:
    There has only ever been on thing on here said that bothered me to point where I thought about it the days after.
    Yeah, sorry about that - I thought you'd find it saucy.
    Oh I did, it bothered me trying to explain it to my other half ;)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Chill the shits out Rocker. No one is throwing barbs you.
    I do. There are few people on here who I hold a specific opinion about (most are just names that blur together) but I do about him and it is not a positive one.

Rocker seems like a sort-of-okay person but his intransigence and negativity genuinely rankle. There is a certain...umm..."pitch" of conversation that I enjoy on here and Rocker (plus one or two others) have not shown themselves able or willing to provide it. That doesn't make him wrong, it just makes us less-than-compatible, and if he says something...umm..."unstimulating" then I might very well point that out.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Were you bullied at school?
    If not, you should've been.
    Being bullied at school not only fills you with a lifetime of deep, bitter resentment but it also gives you a thicker skin when you realise that harsh words aren't as hurtful as being held upside down over a toilet bowl while having your head repeatedly flushed. Some would say it's character building.

All said tongue in cheek so no-one could possibly be offended and emotionally scarred.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24648
    kin said:
    ...and whistling on a Tuesday .
    Oooh, you bastard!  ;)
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    [admin edit - Completely OT comments split out to a separate thread].
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    I kind of like that this serious thread has been derailed by a bunch of mickey taking between us all, I think that reflects the inherently decent nature of the place and that very few of us take ourselves too seriously. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd have a drink with anyone on here, we're a good bunch blokes really.

I'm really shy in real life though and often her tongue tied so I'm more "me" online than real life I think. 

But yeah words get thrown about and it's down to you how you interpret them. I fully acknowledge I can be an oversensitive fanny sometimes though
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    octatonic said:
    I prefer honest bitchiness and harsh honest opinions to the fake "I respect your opinion but" two faced bullshit prevalent in fake British society. Except for Drew of course, he's just a megabitch and Octatonic needs to slap him with a dildo bought used off of Gumtree.

I get my dildo's from dildoworld.com
    Mods, someone's hijacked @octatonic's user credentials! Two apostrophe mistakes in just a couple of days is the sort of thing that would have seen a whole line shut down in occupied France! It's a totally different hand!

https://i.chzbgr.com/original/4542871296/h90B205A4/1

Being an aggressive or abusive bell-end doesn't mean you can't also be right. It's much more elegant not to be nasty, but some people just are.

I weighed up giving @Axe_meister’s post an agressive/humourous LOL, but decided that would be a Rule #1 infringement.
    Feels a bit dishonest really, since I certainly can be a right richard.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    DLM said:
    octatonic said:
    I prefer honest bitchiness and harsh honest opinions to the fake "I respect your opinion but" two faced bullshit prevalent in fake British society. Except for Drew of course, he's just a megabitch and Octatonic needs to slap him with a dildo bought used off of Gumtree.

I get my dildo's from dildoworld.com
    Mods, someone's hijacked @octatonic's user credentials! Two apostrophe mistakes in just a couple of days is the sort of thing that would have seen a whole line shut down in occupied France! It's a totally different hand!

I've been too busy learning songs for the forum meet up that my proofreading skills have had to suffer.
    Normal service will be resumed after next Saturday.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I estimate that 99.9% of words written in the more interesting debates in Off Topic or SC have zero effect on anyone's actual thinking.  But folks get emotional, which seems to be the real purpose of such debates - letting off steam and arguing against folks who, in many practical respects, don't actually exist in our individual lives.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    If you put enough smiley faces in your post no-one can possibly take offence so you can say what the hell you like.
     :3  :3 =) =) :3 =)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom