Ever met someone who shared your birthday?

What's Hot

Comments

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    My ex Fiance. Together for about 8 years all told. On our second date she asked what my Birthday was and made me get my drivers license out to prove I wasn't winding her up. Still text each other on Jan 22nd every year.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    I am exactly twenty years younger than Andy Summers. Never met the bugger, though.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    edited March 2018

I shared a birthday with a girl who was in my class at primary school (and later secondary school). There were only 4 kids in my class/year in primary school.

The famous one is Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, and I am exactly one year older than Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian.

• rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    There's a bloke who works in my office who shares the same birthday, and also the son of a girl in the same office as well (both different years though)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    My brother.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    oaf said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

I met a bloke at uni in the first few days of moving in who had the same birthday (day, month, year) and first name as me (though he spelled his name differently). We were mates for the four years that I was there and used to email each other a birthday greeting every year...!
    I'm not entirely sure I understand the maths but I remember this being applied to football squads at the last world cup. There are 25, IIRC, players in a squad so above 50% chance that two footballers will share the same birthday. As footballers are usually from a limited age range there is an increased chance of it being the same year as well. From what I remember actually checking the birthdays in the squads bore this out. Quite odd really, seems counterintuitive but in practice seems to work.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Two of my colleagues were born same day, same year and about 5 mins between them!! 
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    In my year at High School there were three of us who were all born within four hours of each other, Christmas Day as well!  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited March 2018
    Yes, my ex mother-in-law and my current drummer
    I’d feel pretty awkward being in the same band as my ex-mother-in-law
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12419
    Born in a different year - super sweet czech girl, just a really good person.

Same year - an actor, nice guy, very gay :( haha
    This one threw me a bit. I could definitely relate to some aspects of this guy's personality. 

However: I have known two people, a guy and girl, who were the closest I've ever met to people who percieved and experienced things similarly, but were both born around three weeks earlier on August 29th in the same year as me.

August 29th is my mum’s birthday. I suspect you weren’t born in 1925 though.  ;)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Some celeb birthdates I share:

Denise Richards
    Paris Hilton
    Renee Russo
    Billy Joe Armstrong
    Gene Pitney
    Bear McCreary
    and, the shame of it ! -  Ed Sheeran :(

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33837
    quarky said:
    My brother.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    I've got two birthday twins (date not year) who are friends. One lady exactly a year younger than me and one chap so many years younger he could be my son. Which is distressing for both of us.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    I share my birthdate (though not the year) with 80s synth-pop singer/songwriter Howard Jones. OK, it's not that unusual except my name is also Howard.

Fucking spooky, I tell you...
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    edited March 2018
    My mum and I share the same date. Very alike, and I’m lucky to have a great relationship with her. Bit odd on the day, working around celebrations etc. I have twin boys now, so guess they count too! 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited March 2018
    Never met anyone born on the same day as me but Google suggest:

Vladimir Lenin (!)
    Jack Nicholson
    Robert Oppenheimer
    Shavo Odadjian
    Prophet Muhammad (!!)
    Vladimir Nabokov
    Peter Frampton.

Some crowd...
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8796
    Woman I work with. And Dita Von Teese. But I haven’t actually met the latter so she probably doesn’t count.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    edited March 2018
    Never met anyone born on the same date (29th Feb 56) but  Aileen Wuornos and Jono Coleman who are apparently famous were born then according to goggle. Whoever they are...

I had a look for 'notable people who were born on the 29th Feb' and it threw up a long list of people of whom I've heard of four. Rossini, Joss Ackland, Jimmy Dorsey and Dinah Shore.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8796
    thing said:
    Never met anyone born on the same date (29th Feb 56) but  Aileen Wuornos and Jono Coleman who are apparently famous were born then according to goggle. Whoever they are...

I had a look for 'notable people who were born on the 29th Feb' and it threw up a long list of people of whom I've heard of four. Rossini, Joss Ackland, Jimmy Dorsey and Dinah Shore.
    A 29th February birthday was what created all the fun in the Pirates of Penzance :D  
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    Ah well there's a chink in my cultural armour I didn't know that! :#
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.