Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• stevrossthepipestevrossthepipe Frets: 138
    edited April 2021
     Hahah . If he posted it at £1000 it would probably sell. I emailed Ant about an address change and he didn’t mention anything about it being late not that he would really. Think originally was early May. I would presume Macaris would get theirs first ish? I can’t imagine boss would start shipping before they are finished and  so can only imagine it’s pretty close.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7009
    Well, one’s sold for the princely sum of £1280.14.  Free shipping as well, not like the previous cheapskate.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/40257721-boss-tb-2w-tone-bender-waza-craft-free-shipping?show_sold=true
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Ouch, that's set the bar now. £1300.  Which is crazy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    You’d have thought Macaris would have been the first with stock 
    Vintage-T said:
    You’d have thought Macaris would have been the first with stock 
    Well, he would have got one ahead of time, like the video he shot, like the head engineer picked one out and shipped it to him personally.  But in terms of production distribution, I suspect he is just one of all the stores worldwide on a list.  Which is done by a different department.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    Another one popped up on Reverb this morning for around £1500 delivered - also from Japan so I think it’s safe to assume they are shipping there properly now. 
  • I had a tonebender built for me a few years back for under £100.

Lol. 
  • Cols said:
    Well, one’s sold for the princely sum of £1280.14.  Free shipping as well, not like the previous cheapskate.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/40257721-boss-tb-2w-tone-bender-waza-craft-free-shipping?show_sold=true
    Seller putting fake bids/purchases on to try and set the used price? 
    I fail to understand how anyone could be desperate enough for them to pay upwards of a grand for this, yet wasn't able to pre-order one at the £300 price? They didn't exactly sell out in a minute, took a good few hours to all go, and if you're that cock-a-hoop over this collaboration, surely you'd have been ready to pre-order one?

The mind boggles???

Saying that, the flipper price is obscene, and surely enough that it would make you think about shifting your own on if you had one in hand at this current moment in time.

I'll be happy to get mine and happy to keep it too.
    Vintage-T said:
    I fail to understand how anyone could be desperate enough for them to pay upwards of a grand for this, yet wasn't able to pre-order one at the £300 price? They didn't exactly sell out in a minute, took a good few hours to all go, and if you're that cock-a-hoop over this collaboration, surely you'd have been ready to pre-order one?

The mind boggles???

Saying that, the flipper price is obscene, and surely enough that it would make you think about shifting your own on if you had one in hand at this current moment in time.

I'll be happy to get mine and happy to keep it too.
    I guess it was because people were expecting it to drop in April (order and ship the same time), not with a order in Feb and release in April timeline. I only got one because I was sitting in front of my computer and saw the email come through, didn't even go to forums to check (i knew there will be a thread on it), and just order it first.

That was at 8:59am.  I recall Maraci, Peach all had their stock gone by about 9:15.  But GuitarGuitar wasn't online until about 10:30am.  That went quick once it was. 

So in a way you got to be lucky you were online at the time.  If i had been driving or out and about then I too would have missed it.  If I had though it would have been just one of those things, I would never pay over RRP for something like a pedal.  There are a million pedals out there, I would just get something else.  The Benson one looks good as an alternative.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    edited April 2021
    https://www.guitarworld.com/news/boss-waza-craft-tb-2w-tone-benders-are-now-available-and-already-being-sold-for-dollar2000-on-reverbcom

The Boss man is angry…

If it carries on I can imagine Boss not doing anything like this again where the numbers are limited. Scalpers just create bad will towards the brand, even if unintentionally. It’s not good PR for Roland/Boss. 
    Anyone who couldn't see this coming has no business being the head of a company like Boss.

Literally every product for the last 5 years at least that is in anyway limited, and in-demand has been a hot bed for scalpers.

If they wanted to avoid this they should have either a) not done it or b) produced more so that demand was equalled by supply. Appreciate due to scarcity of parts that it may not have been possible.

But Derr! how can they be surprised???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    It's the dickheads that pay £2k for Klons that are to blame. They started all this crap. LOL 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Just got an email from Andertons that they are not getting their stock until June.  Which might make this drag on even longer since there won't be like a flood of them coming onto the market.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    In other news, Boss received an order for half a million empty pedal enclosures from Musicground.
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72357
    Nothing exposes the utter idiocy of the boutique pedal market like scalpers trying to charge thousands of dollars for a Boss pedal - except for other morons being willing to pay it...

I really do hope Boss find a way to remanufacture the transistors and put it into production at half the original price. (And not just because I'd probably buy one, at £150.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I think I said this earlier, but surely they could make a COSM or some other kind of digital version of this. I mean it's a fuzz. Can't be too hard can it?  
  • Would be *incredible* if boss doubled down and announced they now can produce them as a regular production pedal for regular production price. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7009
    Would be *incredible* if boss doubled down and announced they now can produce them as a regular production pedal for regular production price. 
    And utterly hilarious for whoever just spaffed two grand up the wall on a Boss pedal.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cols said:
    Would be *incredible* if boss doubled down and announced they now can produce them as a regular production pedal for regular production price. 
    And utterly hilarious for whoever just spaffed two grand up the wall on a Boss pedal.
    But sure everyone knows the tone of the original run will be much more authentic...