SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1953 Gibson ES-350, P90's, original case, Bigsby

What's Hot

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited December 2022
    And an ES-275 or ES-295. Maybe an ES-175. And a big Eastman archtop. And a pencil sharpener. And a kitten.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2022
    Here's a little video of the ES-350 - it's the image/video after the pic of the case. It's not me playing. I'm more Django in my approach. By that I mean that I sound like some of my fingers don't  work. Actually, they don't at the moment, but that's another story.

Call me Dave.
    edited December 2022
    Well, I didn't expect the ES-125 to be available again, but it is. I'd had it on hold for a forum chum, but he's had a couple of unexpected domestic bills and can't have the ES-125 from me. I know how these things are and he's one of the nicest guys around, so no problem there.

So, it's here again - I've alerted everyone that PM'd me last time after it went on hold. I'd thought seriously about keeping it, but I've got a horrendous car repair bill coming up in the next week or so, and even more concerning is the fact that I've damaged my shoulder and - in spite of my chiropractor's best efforts to beat me to death - it still hurts and my left arm and the fingers on my left hand are a bit numb. Playing, at the moment, is a miserable experience, and not just for the listeners for a change.

So - it's reluctantly for sale again.
    Call me Dave.
  • I’m gutted to have had to pull out, and apologies again to Dave. But with a house move just finished and then some unexpected big purchases for items we didn’t think we would need for a long while - I couldn’t make the sums add up… 

Someone’s going to get a great guitar and hope it finds a new home soon.  
    edited December 2022
    Not a problem, Bruce. I still like you. 

Just one of those things - the lights on my car dashboard have lit up like a Christmas tree, and the garage have advised might that 'it might be expensive' , so I reckon I'd be backing away from spending money at the moment as well. Plus, my hand's knackered and I can hardly play, and you don't need to comment on that, thank you very much.
    Call me Dave.
  • ………
    A Sunday bump
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    even more concerning is the fact that I've damaged my shoulder and - in spite of my chiropractor's best efforts to beat me to death - it still hurts and my left arm and the fingers on my left hand are a bit numb. Playing, at the moment, is a miserable experience, and not just for the listeners for a change.
    Sorry to hear it, Dave. Wishing a speedy recovery!
    Thanks Fred - another sleepless night. I'm like a zombie but have to work all day, in pain and barely able to concentrate or function. I hope my colleagues at Air Traffic Control are understanding.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1 said:
    Thanks Fred - another sleepless night. I'm like a zombie but have to work all day, in pain and barely able to concentrate or function. I hope my colleagues at Air Traffic Control are understanding.
    I lolled Dave but if there was a ‘best wishes’ button I would have clicked that instead .  I’ve got long term knee problems and have found full spectrum CBD oil makes a huge difference for me , especially before bed . I sleep through now whereas before I’d be woken up with knee pain 2 or 3 times a night.
  • greejngreejn Frets: 133
    Hi Dave, if it's frozen shoulder I can make a recommendation based on personal experience.
    Thanks chaps. Yes, any details, just message me, Jon - that would be great. I'm about to chew my arm off, so any hints would be gladly welcomed.

The ES-125 has got to go really - a combination of some horrible bills and completely losing the enthusiasm for playing at the moment has done it. There were a few people that were interested when it was on hold, but haven't come back to me yet, Such is life - it's on eBay now, FB Marketplace and Gumtree, and there's some interest there - I'd prefer it to go to a forum member, even if it's a couple of hundred quid cheaper on here, but we'll see.
    Call me Dave.
  • greejngreejn Frets: 133
    Hi Dave, messaged you re: treatment.
    Thanks Jon - got it, although I don't know how I'm going to be able to get the goat upstairs.

Seriously though, many thanks - much appreciated. It's a bugger not being able to play, and having the enthusiasm for it taken away.

On the ES-125 front, hopefully this will be with a forum member after the weekend,

On the ES-350 front, well.... bump.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think the ES-125 will be gone at, or just after, the weekend, but it's not on hold just in case.  If you're interested, just let me know.

I do keep thinking that I should hang on to it but the mechanic from my fave garage phoned me last night and said that I should prepare for a £4000 car repair bill. :o

ES-350 is still available as well. I know that it's a big chunk of cash and niche, but it's a sensational guitar and with offering trades and p/ex etc, here, on eBay, Gumtree, and Reverb plus FB Marketplace, I thought that it might have gone.

I did get offered £6500 on eBay, but the offer just didn't feel right and I don't think it was. I've had a couple of people ask some fairly in depth questions about it and then stop responding and a few people wanting to come and see it and then never heard from again. Perhaps it's my sunny personality. Bastards.
    Call me Dave.
    edited December 2022
    Buy yourself something old for Christmas! 3.9k views and they're still here. Surely we cant get to 4k can we? Can we? o
    Call me Dave.
    edited December 2022
    Yes we can! Hurrah.

Anyway, bloody cars. Mine needs about £4k spending on it and my daughter's car's timing chain has snapped, so a similar sum. I'm going to have to buy her another car I suppose.

In spite of that, and in spite of a couple of offers received for the ES-125 (and one was very good, from an absolute gent of the forum, thank you) I'm going to hang on to it it for a while. It would be difficult to get one this good, tbh.

I should do the same with the ES-350, but a tsunami of cost is approaching, so it's still for sale, sadly. So, if you fancy this lovely old ES-350, do let me know!

I've suggested to Mrs DB1 that prostitution might be the answer re: raising cash, and she seems quite enthusiastic about it.

I start tomorrow night.  

Call me Dave.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It was Christmas Day in the workhouse
    And there stood DB1 an old tramp
    Clad from head to toe in rags
    With an old guitar and amp

'Won't someone buy my ES-350?'
    Came his plaintive cry
    'Stick it up yer a**e mate'
    Came the impolite reply

'But it 's a vintage Gibson
    A guitar of great renown
    It's in good condition and nicely priced
    With a case that's really... brown'

'I'll even take a trade or two
    If that' s your little game'
    'A banjo?' asked a simple chap
    Then the poor tramp died of shame

Happy Christmas to buyers and non-buyers of Gibson ES-350's everywhere.

Call me Dave.
    8reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Damn. I thought the poem would do it but it's still available. 
    Call me Dave.
    Celebratory 100 forum posts and 4.7k views plus 65 watchers on Reverb bump.

A reminder of what it actually looks like and a reminder that part trades are an option.  In case you'd forgotten.....

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom