Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

went to local Audi showroom today

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Looks like posting this thread by me was a bit like a turkey sharpening the Axe at Christmas  :-)

I admit it I drive an Audi , I know this makes me a social misfit. Now what guitar can I buy that will also make me really hated...  Jem with a Bigbsy maybe  ????
    Well now you ask, let's start some further controversy then - for me PRS is the Audi guitar equivalent. Very competent, well designed and made, but too blingy and a bit boring underneath, and owners like to talk about them too much. :P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    I think that makes me the 'musicgbdf of PRS owners', since mine is non-blingy but I still dislike many things associated with it and sometimes wish I didn't own it, except that it fits me and what I need so well.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2511
    Looks like posting this thread by me was a bit like a turkey sharpening the Axe at Christmas  :-)

I admit it I drive an Audi , I know this makes me a social misfit. Now what guitar can I buy that will also make me really hated...  Jem with a Bigbsy maybe  ????
    It's OK as long as you don't tailgate ;-)
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited November 2014
    Right, here you go. I've just driven this 2002 BMW to Rickmansworth and back today. Check out the mileage - http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/imagejpg1_zps6e5f81d0.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Impressive ,as long as it is not a "trigger" car.
    My friend had a Peugeot that did 265k with original petrol engine and gearbox,etc.
    Nearly all motorway miles. I think that can really help. My daughter gets 60k plus out of her tyres on her A1 doing that sort of mileage.

Interesting we recently got given a 12 year old micra for my youngest to learn to drive. Mrs M was complaining that she gets cut up a lot driving it, but much less so when in our Audi..
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Nope, it's not a trigger car, the guy bought it when it had 140,000 on the clock. Genuine mileage, original engine/box/rear axle. Mind you, it's manky as fuck inside, he's a skanky cunt.

• :-)...
    That is amazing . Shows quality can count. Though I used to travel around Africa a fair amount for work and the old Peugeots' still running out there are unreal. The inventiveness to keep stuff going with no cash is impressive.

• Blueingreen... Did you like your golf?

Winter tyres are required by law in places like Germany
    I'm really not someone who's views or cars anyone would want to pay attention to.  I had 3 Golfs in a row, but mainly because a friend who's really into cars always recommended them.  

I liked them fine.  There was a big jump in quality/comfort when I bought the Audi, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I was replacing a thirteen year old VW with a new Audi rather than because Audis are necessarily that much superior.  I/we just fancied a change. Thirteen years of technological innovation should make some difference.

As coincidence would have it my missus was speaking about getting a new car today and she's talking about a sportback A3.  We share a car - we've tried running two but one got so little use the battery kept going flat.  So I may be getting a new Audi.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    edited November 2014
    Oh no ! There will be two of us bad boys on the forum now.:-)
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    My BMW lasted till 165000, then the turbo took the engine with it. I liked that car. The Toyota has a mere 111000 on, so we'll see how we fare. I have high expectations of this one. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    My Alfa's on 123000.

Yes, I do wear a Nomex fire suit during my commute.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    FX_Munkee said:
    My Alfa's on 123000.

Yes, I do wear a Nomex fire suit during my commute.
    My Alfa was the only car I have ever owned which never had a single thing go wrong with it.  I didn't even need to replace a bulb.

I felt cheated out of the genuine Alfa owner experience!

-- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
    Fuzzdog said:
    My Alfa was the only car I have ever owned which never had a single thing go wrong with it.  I didn't even need to replace a bulb.

I felt cheated out of the genuine Alfa owner experience!

You should have kept it for the second week.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2511
    I did once have to do some welding on a casing of a Passat which over the years the starter motor had worked its way loose and gradually worn through the engine casing.
    It had 550,000 miles on it, and was still otherwise running well.

Conversely I saw a 1990 citroen ax around 2008 that had 14,000 miles on the clock. the old lady drove it to town once a week for her shopping, and that was it, apart from bringing it to the garage for an MOT check/service once a year.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!