Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Worst wigs in rock and roll ?

What's Hot

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2739
    Philly_Q said:
    jpfamps said:

Who on earth is this bloke?  I've only ever seen him in a rock'n'roll wigs context....
    David Allan Coe who was regarded as part of the Outlaw Country movement.

Probably most famous for writing "You Can Take This Job and Shove It" (a hit for Johnny Paycheck) and "Would You Lay With Me (in a Field of Stone).

He also released a very un-PC "Underground" album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23823
    Lots of disparaging comments on Andy Scott's wig guitar.  I didn't know G&Ls were so controversial!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5012
    Philly_Q said:
    ICBM said:
    I think Ian Paice's is probably real too - either that or it's a deliberate double bluff, since no-one would actually choose one that looked that bad...
    I know what you mean, but he was going really thin on top even in the mid 70s.  He's one of those guys who had very thick hair in his youth then started losing it quite young.

Maybe now he's had some kind of transplant or other "treatment", but he's definitely gone through a wig stage....

Related image

I saw Paicey in concert last week - bloody fantastic drummer - the start to Fireball - just wow!
    Philly_Q said:
    Apparently that's his real hair - he got the 'ump with his date on First Dates when she asked him about it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Wigs are like Oxygen...
    jpfamps said:
    Philly_Q said:
    jpfamps said:

Who on earth is this bloke?  I've only ever seen him in a rock'n'roll wigs context....
    David Allan Coe who was regarded as part of the Outlaw Country movement.

Probably most famous for writing "You Can Take This Job and Shove It" (a hit for Johnny Paycheck) and "Would You Lay With Me (in a Field of Stone).

He also released a very un-PC "Underground" album.
    Ah, is that him?  I knew the name, but not the face.  Didn't he do an album with Pantera (minus Phil Anselmo)?
  • prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Wigs are like Oxygen...
    Wig acquisition=WAS.
  • prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Apparently that's his real hair - he got the 'ump with his date on First Dates when she asked him about it!
    Who is it? Looks like a Tory politician needing a smack in his smug face.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6276

Image result for numan wig

LUDICROUS!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Michael Fabricant. And he is a Tory MP who needs a smack in his smug face! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Snap said:

Image result for numan wig

LUDICROUS!
    wow that is a shocker
  • boogieman said:
    prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I have no idea who he is, but a tie with a button-down colour and what appears to be a velour jacket. Not a great look. And I don't care if it's his real hair - it doesn't look like his real hair...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    This thread is starting to wear a bit thin.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    edited November 2017
    boogieman said:
    prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I have no idea who he is, but a tie with a button-down colour and what appears to be a velour jacket. Not a great look. And I don't care if it's his real hair - it doesn't look like his real hair...
    He's a twat of the first order, it's like he's modelled himself on a Harry Enfield impersonation of a Tory MP. He was on First Dates recently and got very shirty when his date suggested he "lose the wig"... he actually claims it's his real hair. He was also incredibly leery and letchy towards his date... his clothes obviously match his 1970s mindset. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    He's a twat of the first order, it's like he's modelled himself on a Harry Enfield impersonation of a Tory MP. He was on First Dates recently and got very shirty when his date suggested he "lose the wig"... he actually claims it's his real hair. He was also incredibly leery and letchy towards his date... his clothes obviously match his 1970s mindset. 
    And yet he's been an MP for 25 years, increasing his majority each time.  He may be an utter twat in many, many ways, but perhaps he's not a bad constituency MP.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73192
    Philly_Q said:

And yet he's been an MP for 25 years, increasing his majority each time.  He may be an utter twat in many, many ways, but perhaps he's not a bad constituency MP.
    Or alternatively, perhaps the constituency has been successfully Torified and riff-raff can't afford to live there any more...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Philly_Q said:

Or alternatively, perhaps the constituency has been successfully Torified and riff-raff can't afford to live there any more...
    I've never been to Lichfield, but is it really that easy to "Torify" an area and force out "riff-raff"?  I don't claim to know.  Fabricant's certainly an eccentric, maybe he's a complete and utter arsehole too, but not many MPs last 25 years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73192
    Philly_Q said:

I've never been to Lichfield, but is it really that easy to "Torify" an area and force out "riff-raff"?  I don't claim to know.
    It was a deliberate strategy of the Tory government under Thatcher - to increase home ownership by the sale of council houses, cut public services and make it more expensive to live in constituencies where the Tories could gain an advantage, and concentrate Labour voters into a smaller number of constituencies which could then be written off, the idea being to gain a permanent Tory majority.

Read up on the Westminster Council 'homes for votes' scandal if you don't believe this - that was only the most blatant example. It was one of the reasons behind the 'right to buy' policy for council houses across the country.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:

Read up on the Westminster Council 'homes for votes' scandal if you don't believe this - that was only the most blatant example. It was one of the reasons behind the 'right to buy' policy for council houses across the country.
    The other reason is that if you're a relatively secure tenant in a council house you can go on strike with impunity. If you're in hock to a mortgage company you can't. Therefore if you bought your council house you ended up where Thatcher wanted you - under a banker's thumb.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    edited November 2017
    One trick taught to me in the earlier days of Telly was that if you suspect the donner to be wearing a syrup is to put your thumb(s) up between your eye and the screen in the region above the forehead thus obscuring the offensive weave and you get an honest view as to what they really look like bald!

This works 100% every time...

http://i63.tinypic.com/1z39b8i.jpg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>