Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4307
    This is about the 5th Pedal Board I have built in the last couple of years. Always end up getting rid of the lot and think I can manage with amp only... This one is nice and simple, and sounds good enough that I might actually keep hold of it all for a while.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4774
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    John Perry and Cloud Nine,

... You know those Cali 76 are crap don't you ????

Suck your tone, make you fat, cause global warming...

You really ought to be selling em... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4307
    @Wazmeister  Don't know about making you fat, they are bloody fat though. Look how much board they take up! Suppose it stops you buying other pedals though... Having said that I now have one more thing to squeeze on, so might have to be a shuffle around and some pancake jacks...
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    My first pedal board after 20 years of playing :) I need to add a compressor, a power supply and a Boss NS-2 to tame the YJM308 overdrive...

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Thats easy, I don't have one ;)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    sweepy said:
    Thats easy, I don't have one ;)
    Then you post a picture of carpet or floorboard and we critique that :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    After some long time eschewing Boss pedals almost entirely apart from my eternal SD-1, I appear to have several. I think the rot set in when I managed to track down a PN-2. There is a Schaller volume pedal too, but that has moved 'off-board'.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I posted this before...but i had to clean it up...and now i'm happy with the tidiness factor too...

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    photo imagejpg1_zps670b6484.jpg
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    JohnPerry said:
    Which ones is the flux capacitor? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    ^in a separate room with my main board

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    edited May 2014
    New house (yes - I am finally a homeowner...and just before I reached 40 thank fuck), newer layout. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited May 2014
    shady said:
    New house (yes - I am finally a homeowner...and just before I reached 40 thank fuck), newer layout. 

Do you mind if I ask a question?

The Big Muff Germanium 4 - how does it compare to the original Big Muff ? I love that 60's sound but I havn't so far found any online demo's of this pedal and the whole 'Battery voltage on the point of dying sound' thing just doesn't really describe much to my thick mind. It looks really nice and I like the apparent amount of tonal variety it seems to have and I pretty much know I want one but it would be great to hear what someone who owns one thinks of it ?

edited May 2014
    I can't give you a direct comparison to an original Big Muff, I've owned a Little BM - and whilst it can do that sort of thing I wouldn't go putting in that particular pigeon hole.  I haven't had it on the board for a while and I'd forgotten how good it actually is.

Just huge amounts tonal of variety, the 'dying battery thing' is where the fuzz tones start to come in as you can get more compressed and saggy.  I use it for QOTSA type stuff, but there's loads of scope for most types of dirt.

The OD side is shit hot.  

The Tonefactor demo sounds most accurate to my ears and actually is the one that made me buy the fecker in the first place.  It doesn't fully explore the really fuzzed dying battery sound though.  Definitely worth trying, 'tastic pedal...and you can call me Shirley if it isn't so.

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    edited June 2014
    I did some moving around on mine recently. All the modulation got kicked off and is now being handled by the Mobius. Swapped out the Tonebone Classic for the Trimode. Sold my Timefactor cause it was too much and planned to get an El Captistan but then a Timeline comes up at a "can't say no" price. Don't need the BB on there but do want an extra flavour of dirt.
    edited May 2014

Weird...that image weren't working earlier, please ignore me.

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    shady said:
    I can't give you a direct comparison to an original Big Muff, I've owned a Little BM - and whilst it can do that sort of thing I wouldn't go putting in that particular pigeon hole.  I haven't had it on the board for a while and I'd forgotten how good it actually is.

Just huge amounts tonal of variety, the 'dying battery thing' is where the fuzz tones start to come in as you can get more compressed and saggy.  I use it for QOTSA type stuff, but there's loads of scope for most types of dirt.

The OD side is shit hot.  

The Tonefactor demo sounds most accurate to my ears and actually is the one that made me buy the fecker in the first place.  It doesn't fully explore the really fuzzed dying battery sound though.  Definitely worth trying, 'tastic pedal...and you can call me Shirley if it isn't so.

Great. Thank you.

Soon as I've had dinner I will watch that demo. Thanks for that reply.

• funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93

This is my first post to the forum.

This is for the bass, not the most exciting of set ups, but gets some fat sounds on the go as I run the octave and the fuzz through the two different loops of the LS2. so when both are on it creates something pretty massive!  The behringer pitch shifter may have to upgraded to the boss original at some point

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Latest ..