Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• keirkeir Frets: 137
    DoctorX said:
    Current state of things:

In the process of putting together an optional expansion board to plug into the send/return of the above: 

Just need to wire up the audio of that one when I can be bothered.

Then there’s this one that sits by my “working from home” desk:

How are you using your other drive pedals with your preamp mk2? I have one would like to stack it with something but can’t decide what and if to put it before or after…
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PudWudPudWud Frets: 156

This is the state of the board at the moment. I think the Green Rhino will be replaced by a Greer Lightspeed (I’m just not a TS guy). 

I also have a HX stomp on a pedal train nano + that will be getting a couple of new friends in the next week or so. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    keir said:
    How are you using your other drive pedals with your preamp mk2? I have one would like to stack it with something but can’t decide what and if to put it before or after…
    I’m getting the vast majority of my gain sounds from the preamp alone. The MXR distortion is on there for when more gain is needed than the preamp can provide (think Radiohead The Bends type distortion). 

I originally put the Lightspeed on there because I used to have a Drybell Vibe Machine in loop 1 of the loop switcher, and I often like to run an OD after a vibe. Now the vibe has gone I need to figure out if I’m still going to use the LS or not.
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    Latest version

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1507
    solar said:
    Latest version

Great board! :+1: 
    How’s life with the Digiverb? I wanted to add a touch of verb to my current line-up and am considering that one. 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

edited November 2021
    @Yorkie ;Thanks! The Digiverb is my shoegazey reverb and it’s actually before the fuzzes in the chain. I only use the reverse mode on 100% wet and use it to make whale noises/ambient swells. I’ve not really used all the other modes that much. It’s very cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    solar said:
    @Yorkie ;Thanks! The Digiverb is my shoegazey reverb and it’s actually before the fuzzes in the chain. I only use the reverse mode on 100% wet and use it to make whale noises/ambient swells. I’ve not really used all the other modes that much. It’s very cool.
    Great!!!
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

• solar said:
    Latest version

Aaaaarrrrgh my OCD!!! Straighten that orange pedal immediately
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    solar said:
    Latest version

Aaaaarrrrgh my OCD!!! Straighten that orange pedal immediately
    I had the same reaction, but then I read the pedal's name and thought it was like that on purpose. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s at a jaunty angle because I’ve not had chance to Velcro it yet. I should probably do that!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6719
    edited November 2021
    2 new arrivals and 2 departures this week and this is what I am now rocking. Still not completely convinced I need an overdrive pedal but the Peacekeeper sounds fantastic and stacks great with the fuzz face. Running into a Marshall SV20 with power brake attenuator.

Vibe Machine v3 sounds great and is a real space saver compared to previous vibes. Pigtronix Octava is brilliant but ultimately would rather have a dedicated Octavio circuit on there somewhere. Pickdropper fx does a mini pedal octavio. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    soma1975 said:
    2 new arrivals and 2 departures this week and this is what I am now rocking. Still not completely convinced I need an overdrive pedal but the Peacekeeper sounds fantastic and stacks great with the fuzz face. Running into a Marshall SV20 with power brake attenuator.

Vibe Machine v3 sounds great and is a real space saver compared to previous vibes. Pigtronix Octava is brilliant but ultimately would rather have a dedicated Octavio circuit on there somewhere. Pickdropper fx does a mini pedal octavio. 

Dibs on the DD8
    edited November 2021
    Haha if I could get something smaller that does the tape echo as well as this without it costing me more I'd get rid. I use one setting on it and otherwise don't touch it. 

Frankly it is astonishingly good for the money and it's absurd I waited so long to get into 'proper' Boss pedals. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    soma1975 said:
    Haha if I could get something smaller that does the tape echo as well as this without it costing me more I'd get rid. I use one setting on it and otherwise don't touch it. 

Frankly it is astonishingly good for the money and it's absurd I waited so long to get into 'proper' Boss pedals. 
    Swap for my Echoplex? Sounds epic, but I need reverse delay in my life.
  • I never wanted to post in this thread until the board was complete...that meant I never posted in this thread but I've owned some cool stuff so that seems a shame.

After a year out, I'm back in the game and very happy so thought, fuck it, I'm posting in this thread from now on, finished or not!

Looks fantastic, mate. 
    edited November 2021
    Lebarque said:
    soma1975 said:

Swap for my Echoplex? Sounds epic, but I need reverse delay in my life.
    Nope I hated the echoplex sorry. 

EDIT: Hated is very strong. Didn't like the aging thingy, even when the aging thing was off it still sounded like it was there a bit.. 

• I never wanted to post in this thread until the board was complete...that meant I never posted in this thread but I've owned some cool stuff so that seems a shame.

After a year out, I'm back in the game and very happy so thought, fuck it, I'm posting in this thread from now on, finished or not!

Looks fantastic, mate. 

Much appreciated, sir. Nice to be back amongst it! Now if Laney could just get me the amp I ordered ages ago, we'd be golden! :-) how's the wait going for that Microcosm, can't wait for you to get it!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131

Absolutely love the Blues Driver, the OD I've been hearing in my head. Just getting back into using fuzz and it's great with a tele. Soon to have an El Pescadoro
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    I'm still using this rather boringly, but it just works! 
    Less is more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    MagicBus said:
    I'm still using this rather boringly, but it just works! 
    That's a lovely board. Can you comment on your choice of drive pedals please? :+1: 

Jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom