Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    Yorkie said:
    MagicBus said:
    I'm still using this rather boringly, but it just works! 
    That's a lovely board. Can you comment on your choice of drive pedals please? :+1: 

Jon
    Hi Jon, the Barber pedals work so well for me with single coils or humbuckers and they are different enough to warrant having both. They also stack well, with each other and the EP booster. The other thing with the Barbers is that they sound great too at unity or a little above (unlike some I've tried). Hope this helps. The amp is a Victory V40 BTW. 
    Less is more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    MagicBus said:
    Yorkie said:
    MagicBus said:
    I'm still using this rather boringly, but it just works! 
    That's a lovely board. Can you comment on your choice of drive pedals please? :+1: 

Jon
    Hi Jon, the Barber pedals work so well for me with single coils or humbuckers and they are different enough to warrant having both. They also stack well, with each other and the EP booster. The other thing with the Barbers is that they sound great too at unity or a little above (unlike some I've tried). Hope this helps. The amp is a Victory V40 BTW. 
    Nice! It's a very sensible board, I like it.

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    I feel a tangible sense of relief at my lack of GAS for other (drive ) pedals, and guitars. I'm freed to play more and not be distracted by the next whatever is trendy. I've just managed to get in a band again after the doldrums of lockdown so I'm in a very happy place  :)
    Less is more
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I never wanted to post in this thread until the board was complete...that meant I never posted in this thread but I've owned some cool stuff so that seems a shame.

After a year out, I'm back in the game and very happy so thought, fuck it, I'm posting in this thread from now on, finished or not!

Looks fantastic, mate. 

Much appreciated, sir. Nice to be back amongst it! Now if Laney could just get me the amp I ordered ages ago, we'd be golden! :-) how's the wait going for that Microcosm, can't wait for you to get it!
    Can’t wait either! It looks like a beautiful sounding, one-stop weirdness/ambient machine… well from demos anyway, so fingers crossed! Really happily settled on the rest of the board, still after a lofi modulation of some kind, and fancy an Instant LoFi Junky but it sounds very compressed.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Latest iteration of the Pedalboard of Glory:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    2021 has been the year of the pedalboard. Have gone through a few iterations and expanded to 2 medium sized boards.

#1 board, the best I’ve put together so far and including 2 cool recent acquisitions- the Rattler and the Dover Drive.

#2 board, a balanced selection of the leftovers after settling on #1! In fairness I could probably do without this second board but don’t want to sell the pedals on it. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 371
    edited November 2021
    sorry post in error please ignore

This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Latest board - ready for gigging with new band

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51704941199_43ea36fcc5_b.jpg
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Board Demo time

Boss TB2W wound down into Echoczar then into DR and J40

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Here is mine. Crafted from reclaimed wood (believe it or not, this was under our old shed), painted (and signed) by my kids. 

This is how the pedals look. I soldered the cables myself so things would more or less fit into this size. Good thing about these neutrik rean plugs is that they interlock, so many of the pedals don't move even without velcro. I am not a velcro person.

Many of my pedals have been bought here: the RC-2 from @Andyjr1515 , the Keeley Compressor from @UnclePsychosis , BD-2 and TU-3 from @hassleham , and Digiverb from @joetele – all powered by a Palmer PWT-08 power supply under the board. I like all my TFB pedals, but I love the fact that they all come from people I have enjoyed dealing with. For this, I am thankful to them.

A top view:

Building this board has been quite the experience. Very enjoyable =)

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice board Yorkie.

Glad to have played a tiny little part of it! The compressor is a great pedal. Glad you're enjoying it! 
    Nice board Yorkie.

Glad to have played a tiny little part of it! The compressor is a great pedal. Glad you're enjoying it! 
    Thanks! It’s a very useful pedal. 

Jon

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Ok… set about tidying mine up yesterday…

new power lines run, couple of pedals swapped etc… 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Added Quartermaster QMX6 today, and squeezed a couple more pedals on. Wah will sit off board when required, but the Mini Mu does a good enough job to not need it most of the time.

This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    maharg101 said:
    Added Quartermaster QMX6 today, and squeezed a couple more pedals on. Wah will sit off board when required, but the Mini Mu does a good enough job to not need it most of the time.

It might be because of my non-negligible Knopfler influence, but every time I see a Morley volume pedal I end up thinking I should make space for one. 

Jon

poopot said:
    Ok… set about tidying mine up yesterday…

new power lines run, couple of pedals swapped etc… 

I like it very much, and the photos are gorgeous. 

Jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yorkie said:
    It might be because of my non-negligible Knopfler influence, but every time I see a Morley volume pedal I end up thinking I should make space for one. 

Jon
    Yeah, just picked up the Morley 20/20 volume. It's nice and compact, build quality is good, and the buffer doesn't colour the sound. The switchable minimum volume is a nice feature.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
    edited December 2021

Latest rework - I am definitely in a wormhole as I haven’t done a gig since the beginning of lockdown way back - many things have come and gone in that time without being gig tested. Many times I have said I’m not changing anything until I’ve gig tested it and yet the revolving doors keep swinging. 

Signal path Jam Wah pedal (custom paint) off board —> Blackstone Appliances MOSFET drive —> Boss MS-3 L1 King of Tone L2 Nocturne Mystery Brain L3 Wampler Terraform (MXR Timmy is in the Pre/post loop) —> output to Fender Super Reverb Tone Master. 

Comments - the Terraform pre/post loop is a really useful thing - whatever is in the loop can be positioned pre or post the Terraform effect and that position stored in the preset. Very handy. Stored under the back row there is a Nobells ODR-mini and a Mooer Blues Crab which I can physically swap into the loop if I want to. 

If the ms-3 loop 3 is on and the terraform is in bypass you just get the drive pedal which is handier than it perhaps sounds. 

If I’d got a 4 Jack King of Tone I would have tried one side in the loop of the terraform. Lesson learned! 

In the MS-3 I use a Ds-1 (occasionally), a phaser, a Univibe and the tuner - these are all accessed with the dual switches in front of the board. I also use a delay in the MS-3 which I access through switch 4 - this is a 40ms thickener. 

Also, there’s a midi cable from MS-3 midi out to terraform midi in but can I get them to communicate meaningfully? No

I’d quite like to add a wireless - maybe Boss WL-50? But that can wait because…

This time I mean it - nothing changes until I’ve done a gig. 

I thank you for your indulgence. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Stripped all the velcro out of my Metro 16 and Dual Lock'ed everything.
    Unfortunately some of the paint came off and it kind of bothers me more than it should...

• I may actually get around to cabling this at the weekend...  yes, it's a lot of delay.  The Alter Ego's only being used in looper mode at the moment, it's been pretty much superseded by the DD-200.