Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 522
    Here is my old large board that I replaced with a metro 20 for my live rig. This one is just used at home now as a messing around board.

PSU is an old Maplin one, patch leads just what I had kicking around.

Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• tuner>fuzz>boost>comp>drive>hotrod>echo>buffer(underneath)>deco>trem>spring>plate.

Love this, I have the Revival Drive and thinking of getting a Cali 76 to go with it now!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • My first ever pedal board - I bought some of these pedals 20 years ago.

Late 80's RAT, DD3 & BF-2 Flanger,  Everything else is fairly modern. Fulltone Clyde Wah has a build date of 6.6.6 !
    Has a bit of room for expansion, DS-2 will probably end up being a different Boss pedal/guest slot. The 3 loop switcher is by Buzz Electronics. 
    I had this mad idea idea of building a board from 9mm ply instead of buying one to save money, and hiding all the the patch cables so I could use stuff I already had. In reality it just took forever to build, almost a year! Initially it was going to have angled blocks of wood for feet, but I realised that they would end up getting ripped off, so changed for some aluminium box section.
    Gave it a proper test run today into my SV20H, really happy with it, no noise from the power supply and silent switching between loops.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Late 80's RAT, DD3 & BF-2 Flanger,  Everything else is fairly modern. Fulltone Clyde Wah has a build date of 6.6.6 !
    Has a bit of room for expansion, DS-2 will probably end up being a different Boss pedal/guest slot. The 3 loop switcher is by Buzz Electronics. 
    I had this mad idea idea of building a board from 9mm ply instead of buying one to save money, and hiding all the the patch cables so I could use stuff I already had. In reality it just took forever to build, almost a year! Initially it was going to have angled blocks of wood for feet, but I realised that they would end up getting ripped off, so changed for some aluminium box section.
    Gave it a proper test run today into my SV20H, really happy with it, no noise from the power supply and silent switching between loops.

Nice! What’s the Mk4.23 pedal? Looks like a boost.

Nice! What’s the Mk4.23 pedal? Looks like a boost.
    Cheers, yeah it’s a clean boost - useful when used moderately, say when switching
    between a humbucker and a single coil guitar, or if a bit of extra volume/drive is needed, but can get a bit lairy if it’s really turned up and you accidentally turn it on when going into a very loud already overdriven amp! 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466

tuner>fuzz>boost>comp>drive>hotrod>echo>buffer(underneath)>deco>trem>spring>plate.

That's a lovely selection, I think the happiest I've been with my reverb section was when I had the Talispanga pairing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1498
    My first ever pedal board - I bought some of these pedals 20 years ago.

Loving the sommer goodness! 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

edited January 2022
    Important update to mine: stereo rig (the 'X-large' sniffer thingy, made with help from @ecc83), Roland stereo recorder, Morley volume/wah (mindblown), MXR Timmy (thanks @Classic) and MXR Carbon Copy (thanks @yorkio). Plus some more Sommer/Rean patch cables, also soldered at home

So, 11 boxes in total. 7 I bought here. 1 I made with help from someone here. Couldn't be prouder. 

Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited January 2022
     here's my modest, underwhelming little board
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 363
    edited January 2022
    Loobs said:
     here's my modest, underwhelming little board
    Looks good to me. The de7 deserves a lot of love.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    It does everything I need it to! Not nearly as complex or fancy as many others on here but I can get a lot of different sounds out of it. 
    maharg101 said:
    Yorkie said:
    It might be because of my non-negligible Knopfler influence, but every time I see a Morley volume pedal I end up thinking I should make space for one. 

Jon
    Yeah, just picked up the Morley 20/20 volume. It's nice and compact, build quality is good, and the buffer doesn't colour the sound. The switchable minimum volume is a nice feature.
    Thanks for the inspiration. I managed to find a Morley wah/volume with boost and I am living the dream. It sounds good, it feels good and it has freed up the space I needed for my recorder. It’s a little yellow wonder. 

Jon

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    edited January 2022
    Behold my messy board! Thinking of getting a smaller Morley 20/20 Lead Wah, but not sure if it will sound much different.

https://i.imgur.com/DbWT2mZ.jpg

• thefezthefez Frets: 131

A mess of wires but that'll change once I buy a board. El Pescadoro had some issues with hum before but seems to be silent in this configuration for some unknown reason.

Still trying to figure out the Broadcast as I think I adjusted the gain pots down too low. Love the Blues Driver and Grand Magus though.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2197

Thanks @brucegill for the latest addition of the Harmonious Monk.

:)

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    edited January 2022
     Nice one! And I always fancied a Burnside!
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited January 2022
    Fishboy7 said:

Great choice of trem. I will never stop raving about the Harmonious Monk. Really tempted to give the Golden Reverberator another go, though the Mercury 7 is still working magnificently for me.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1559
    Fishboy7 said:

Nice!  I do wonder if I’m the only person who runs the Harmonious Monk before all drives? Try it, you might like it too! 
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Now I'm no longer required in the band I can indulge in many drives at once.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839 said:
    Now I'm no longer required in the band I can indulge in many drives at once.

10 out of 10 for effort in making everything fit. You have all manners of sideways and upside down and even in-between rows :)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.