Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

zero tolerance on speeding !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• there are very few unlimited stretches in Germany left. Most are 120kph
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• The law is about trying to control the majority whilst also providing a system to remove the minority.
    Which it won't do.
    Huh? That's exactly what the law does everyday of our lives. I don't think you understood my post.
  • there are very few unlimited stretches in Germany left. Most are 120kph
    52% of the network is unlimited (130kph is advised and travelling faster can lead to a tougher sentaces if you cause an accident)

Limits are coming due to pollution / noise / road works / intersections / danger spots etc.

• The law is about trying to control the majority whilst also providing a system to remove the minority.
    Which it won't do.
    Huh? That's exactly what the law does everyday of our lives. I don't think you understood my post.
    I probably don't. I agree the system tries to control the majority but it only removes a minority of the minority. It doesn't seem to be much good at either.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

Which it won't do.
    I probably don't. I agree the system tries to control the majority but it only removes a minority of the minority. It doesn't seem to be much good at either.
    and yet I imagine your life is more or less free of fear from crime. Now, noway would anyone stand up and say life is crime free. Clearly it's not and some areas even in the UK are hard places to live. But the law, it application and enforcement are a huge part of why for the most part, we in western europe can go about our lives fairly free from the fear of crime.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Teetonetal laws only keep honest people honest. There were burglaries around here until steps were taken to remove the culprits, but for the most part we don't expect to get mugged or burgled around here. I think that's down to not having too much scum here, it's already been shown that when scum arrive, trouble starts.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11479
    MrBump said:
    strtdv said:
    57Deluxe said:
    you can do more than 30 on a bicycle - well I could. I used to chase the Bus from Walton to Addlestone cos was always two top totties sitting on the back seat waving and blowing kisses at me after a night out...
    Speed limits don't apply to bicycles (they only apply to motor vehicles), but you knew that of course..

I can't do more than 30 on a bicycle, unless I was falling.

It's quite easy down a decent hill.

It's all the 20mph limits they are bringing in around our way that could cause issues.  It's not too hard to get above 20mph on a bike.  When I was cycling a 15mph round trip to work every day and quite fit, my cruising speed was probably over 20mph on a road bike.  Definitely would have been over 20mph with the wind behind.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6222
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Motorway speed limits should be removed entirely. It works fantastically well in Germany. To compensate for the free nature of this, the driving licence should be made more difficult with a section on driving at speed on motorways.
    Have you ever seen the aftermath of a very high speed motorway crash in Germany? Not all motorways in Germany are unlimited and the ones that are, are terrifying at times.

I would also imagine that a higher percentages of Britain's motorways are far more densely populated than Germany's 
    Yes, I used to live there. I thought the roads were fantastic and having done 170mph on an autobahn I have no real issues the speed either. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com