Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is this tiling acceptable?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24438
    Result.  As has been said, it would have bugged you every time you went to the bathroom had it not been sorted.

I would have complained, or, if it was my own work, take it down and redo it.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4888
    edited February 2018
    Good result OP, glad the tiler had the sense to admit it looked poor and agreed to redo it. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited February 2018
    why have you chosen a 1970s colour scheme anyway?

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A7248H/1970s-brown-bathroom-suite-A7248H.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    why have you chosen a 1970s colour scheme anyway?

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A7248H/1970s-brown-bathroom-suite-A7248H.jpg

Coz it matches my flares and tank top......
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    edited February 2018
    Boromedic said:
    Good result OP, glad the tiler had the sense to admit it looked poor and agreed to redo it. 
    not putting me pitch fork down till hes done it. The op forgot to mention Tilers got eyes like Ben Turpin.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4888
    Hahahaha

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    JAYJO said:
    Boromedic said:
    not putting me pitch fork down till hes done it. The op forgot to mention Tilers got eyes like Ben Turpin.
    I did suggest to him that when he redoes it it may be better if he cuts the tiles this time and his guide dog puts them on the wall. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 311
    edited February 2018
    I reckon he was hoping you didn't pick up on the miss-aligned tiles in the corner.  He just got his levels wrong on that one wall, easy fix.  At least he didn't try to get out of it.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Good to hear he's sorting out - but I think the answer to your question is simply:

If YOU weren't happy with it, then it's NOT acceptable.

As you can see from a lot of the answers here, some people seem to think that you should just pipe down and accept it. Personally, I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter what anyone else here thinks - if you aren't happy with it, then it needs to be corrected.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    FarleyUK said:
    Good to hear he's sorting out - but I think the answer to your question is simply:

If YOU weren't happy with it, then it's NOT acceptable.

As you can see from a lot of the answers here, some people seem to think that you should just pipe down and accept it. Personally, I'm of the opinion it doesn't matter what anyone else here thinks - if you aren't happy with it, then it needs to be corrected.
    The tiling is part of a competely new bathroom that has included new ceiling, replastering, rewiring, new waste and soil pipes, new towel rail, new radiator, new toilet, new bath,  new sink/vanity unit, new shower and taps, new shower screen, new flooring and decorating. Probably cost over £2k by the time it's done so I don't really want to look at wonky, out-of-line tiles for the next 20 odd years when I'm laying in the bath.

If other people want to pay money/accept substandard work then that's fine, but to me that's like buying a brand new guitar and accepting a flaw/scratch in the paintwork or playing your new amp and ignoring the loud hum or scratchy pots. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom