Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24852
    My suspicion is that once parody threads are returned to their rightful place, these difficulties will magically cease...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16811
    edited August 2014
    here is a pic of mine.   at 100% the e's are not displaying correctly.  I changed to 90% and the e's were fine but the t's went odd.  Its all fine at 110%   I highlighted part of Rox's post to see if it made any difference

I am on  chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m and win7

not as bad as the others, but still annoying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Bizarre - because it's happening to me on Firefox, so I've switched to a different browser where it works: Chrome 36.0.1985.143
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Hmm.  It's all back to normal for me again...!
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1111
    Given how busy the Guitars section is in Classifieds, is there any value in splitting it into sub sections?
    eg sub sections for...

Parts & Accessories
    Wanted
    Bass

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited September 2014
    Have mentioned this a few times but received no reply or completely missed the reply through sheer laziness but am still shaking with rage and blame YOU.

Sigh.

Ok.

When I quote a post in a reply I often get a 'some bb code formatting may have been lost' pop up and my reply is trapped in the quoted text. :x

Pls help, love streethawk. 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27728
    Have mentioned this a few times but received no reply or completely missed the reply through sheer laziness but am still shaking with rage and blame YOU.

Sigh.

Ok.

When I quote a post in a reply I often get a 'some bb code formatting may have been lost' pop up and my reply is trapped in the quoted text. :x

@monquixote - I've never seen that error message before.

@streethawk - what browser/OS are you using, and (this isn't intended as a silly Q) what are you doing to quote the post in your reply?  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:

Sigh.

Ok.

@monquixote - I've never seen that error message before.

@streethawk - what browser/OS are you using, and (this isn't intended as a silly Q) what are you doing to quote the post in your reply?  
    I'm using chrome on windows 8.1 and I press the quote button beneath the post I want to quote.

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1323
    Is Speaker's Corner intentionally hidden out of the way?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    sinbaadi;367489" said:
    Is Speaker's Corner intentionally hidden out of the way?
    you can't view it unless you are logged in.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1323
    edited October 2014
    I can view it, I clearly am logged in :)

I get 3 Chat categories on the home page, not 4.  I had no idea that Speaker's Corner existed until someone referred to a duplicate thread and linked to it.

It doesn't show on the main page (for me), or in any sub-category.  So unless I click another Chat section, like Meta, and then click "Chat" at the top there to go back a step (Home  Chat  Meta), which then shows all 4 Chat categories (Chat Discussions on The Fretboard), I can't see it.  I can't click Chat on the homepage to directly see the 4 Chat categories.

It's just weird, I think, as though it's a secret or something. :)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2381
    edited October 2014
    I've noticed this a couple of times recently. I'll click on a thread, and instead of getting into the thread, I get a dark grey screen. Any ideas?

It's the Vertex thread in the FX forum (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/25285/vertex-started-advertising-the-axis-nos-wah-again#latest).

Maybe it's just been closed or something and for some reason it hasn't disappeared for me?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    sinbaadi said:
    I get 3 Chat categories on the home page, not 4.  I had no idea that Speaker's Corner existed until someone referred to a duplicate thread and linked to it.

Go to the forum home page (by clicking on the word 'home" or the words "The FretBoard".

Towards the top left of the page, just above the "who's online" list you should see the Category Filter.  Click on "all categories" and SC will magically appear in the list of sections.  I'm guessing that you've currently got it set to "followed categories".

You can choose not to display any of the individual sections.  If you hover over any of the section headings a small gear wheel icon should appear just to the left of the number of discussions in that section.  If you click on the icon you can choose to "Hide" that section.

Once the section is hidden, it won't appear if you then choose to display "followed categories".

sinbaadi said:
    It's just weird, I think, as though it's a secret or something. :)

Not a secret as such, but it does allow us to put some topics/discussions behind closed doors so that they are not visible to Google, nor to people who aren't members (or who aren't logged in) nor to those who choose not to look at SC.

Be aware the SC is essentially un-moderated.

Dave_Mc said:
    I've noticed this a couple of times recently. I'll click on a thread, and instead of getting into the thread, I get a dark grey screen. Any ideas?

It's the Vertex thread in the FX forum (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/25285/vertex-started-advertising-the-axis-nos-wah-again#latest).

Maybe it's just been closed or something and for some reason it hasn't disappeared for me?

Closed threads would still appear.

As you're the only person to have reported this, I think it's probably a problem with your own system / set-up rather than a general issue.

When you say "a dark grey screen" you mean that you can't read anything on the screen (I presume just the browser window) or that the normal white background has become dark grey but that everything otherwise appears normally?

What OS/browser/device are you using - and can you try it on any other browser or device? 

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2381
    edited October 2014

Yeah the entire screen (apart from the toolbar at the top and bottom) is just dark grey, no writing or anything. There's possibly a single white pixel in the middle of the screen.

I'm using firefox, and just a laptop. I don't have any other device to use :)) I could try IE to see if that helps. EDIT: Not working in IE either, except this time I get an entire white screen. :))

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    @TTony or another modmin, please 'approve' one of my two attempted posts in the discussion at
    I'm quite impressed that attempting to post a youtube link to a Phil Collins performance is enough to trigger the alert for potentially offensive material! ;-)
    Done @bigjon.
  • Whenever I type something of more than one paragraph (first para - carriage return - second para), only the first paragraph is posted. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 620.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Still can't make posts from my Samsung galaxy tab 3
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I can't make a post in the meta section, so the feedback thread seems a logical place.

I wonder if the team would consider enabling SSL for the site, especially for logins, but maybe for the whole site too.

I'd be happy to chip in for the certificate.