Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17655
    tFB Trader
    wayneirie said:
    Not a complaint just a heads up. When I get a notification of a message in Gmail then reply in Gmail it bounces back and the intended recipient doesn't get a message. Might be useful for people to know.
    Yeah, the email is just a notification. 
    You have to go to your inbox on the site to reply.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    Just a thank you from me for Nick and Tony for sorting out my account after a break.
    Cheers gents.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited May 2015
    Welcome back @Deadman   :)

Hey there @wayneirie, there is a link in the notification eMail (for PMs at least), and the sending address gives you a clue >>>  noreply@ thefretboard.co.uk  ~ which is commonly used for notification only purposes across the net.  HTH

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    @chrismusic Yeah I've figured it out now mate, I was just putting it out there in case anyone else had made the same bone headed mistake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    "Your Comment will appear after it has been approved"

??

Left wondering if I inadvertently typo'd count without the "o" and it was flagged, or something.  Can't see the post though.

This a new thing?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Is there a way of having the search results show chronologically instead of whatever order it is now?

Say for example you're searching the classifieds for a popular pedal you get a very long list of threads to go though when really it's the recent ones that'd be most relevant.
    Is there a way of having the search results show chronologically instead of whatever order it is now?

Say for example you're searching the classifieds for a popular pedal you get a very long list of threads to go though when really it's the recent ones that'd be most relevant.
    Hi not_the_dj,

Have you discovered the advanced search functions?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Hi not_the_dj,

Have you discovered the advanced search functions?
    Oooo, thanks a lot, that looks perfect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Just floating an idea: ever consider merging "theory" and "technique"? or maybe even bundling both into "making music". I feel like the music making forums would get a bit more traffic if they weren't as compartmentalised.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12932
    Any chance of getting search on the mobile site? You can use google but sometimes for simple things I just want convenience. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17655
    tFB Trader
    Any chance of getting search on the mobile site? You can use google but sometimes for simple things I just want convenience. 
    It's on the list.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12932
    It's on the list.
    Excellent. Thanks. 
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    On mobile, can notifications be a separate header to profile? If I'm on a dodgy mobile data connection it's a pain to load my avatar etc. And add another click into the process.

A very minor complaint I know!
    (I guess its cos this place is so goddamn perfect)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    This thread: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/45346/i-can-t-do-posh#latest

won't open in safari (iOS and Yosemite), unless I have  aVPN connected. Very strange- never had the same issue before. 

Error says "the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes happens when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes , and then try again", which is odd, cos it was saying that this morning as well..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTony said:
    The Good trader list used to be updated all the time to give a positive count of the number of good feedback reports, but the person doing it doesn't come here much anymore. It was fine while it was being updated, but as time goes on it is less and less accurate.
    It was a pretty major task given how much traffic there is on the Classifieds.  Unfortunately (very unfortunately) Mr Jooky had a number of other life challenges to deal with, so couldn't maintain it.

We need another volunteer to take that on ...
    Just wondering if this might be an opportunity to explore other feedback methods? As you say, the current system is a big job to take on for anyone and the longer it goes unmanned the less effective it becomes.

I've noticed Basschat get a few mentions whenever this topic arises, could be worth considering?

Having a link of some sort from you profile or sig to your trade feedback could work well, I've no idea how/if it could be implemented though! 

I think the reliance on a volunteer to update the current thread is always going to be problematic. 
    I am now 'Member, jcon'. I'm alarmed! What's going on please @monquixote ?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27655
    Deadman said:
    I am now 'Member, jcon'. I'm alarmed! What's going on please @monquixote ?
    You posted in the most recent JCon thread that was removed from SC.  There was speculation that he'd managed to acquire an account that we hadn't spotted, and was reading - and reacting to - the information being posted in that thread.  

To prevent him doing that, or other scammers in future, that thread was placed in a hidden section of the forum that is accessible by invitation only.  People who had posted in that thread, who are known to us as not being JCon, were given automatic access to that section so that the debate could be continued.  You need a special permission, over and above being a confirmed member, to be able to access that section of the forum.  We've called that special permission "JCon".

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Phew. Thanks for clearing that up Tony.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4597
    I think the sticky'd posts should be of a brighter colour than what they are now to catch the eye