The best things you ever bought.

What's Hot

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited March 2018
    My Precision bass, which paid for itself on its first gig.

A handmade belt from a shop in Ireland... worn it pretty much daily for 20 years

Best recent buy is a watch, a really simple army issue CWC G10. MIne's a 1997, and it's lost about 7 seconds in 3 months. I love it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    1. My 1st Rickenbacker.

2. My 2nd Rickenbacker.

3. My 3rd Rickenbacker.

4. My 4th Rickenbacker.

(Tomorrow, I'm buying a Rickenbacker copy!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Swiss Army knife.

I’ve used it for something almost every day for the last thirty years.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    Colnago C50
    Gaggia Classic

Struggling to think of a third... NAD record deck? Rickenbacker 330? Boss OD-1? My first iMac back in 1999?
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    A Ford Capri, which I had for most of the 80s and early 90s.

My DAB radio.

My cheap old Aria acoustic.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Neumann KH120 monitors - compact and  beautiful sounding, the single best upgrade of my recording gear.

Wegen picks - Guitars come and go but these picks will probably be with me till I'm dead. 

Marantz MCR610 hifi - early days but can't see myself going back to a traditional hifi.
    2x analogue ins for PC & the wifes echo dot.
    Plays spotify directly from a smartphone & has app control for the input selection, eq and volume. Runs two sets of speakers and I can add in mixcubes whilst watching tv so the dialogue is more clear. 

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    Emp_Fab said:
    Specifics people!  Don’t go saying “House, Dog, Car” or some generic nonsense like that.

@TTony - you think I bought my wife?
    FFS you want the cake and you want to eat it all tonight,   ok,

Wedding rings.  Because getting married was probably the best thing to have happened to me.  We have now been together for 25 year and whilst there have been some tough times, Im with the person I want to spend the rest of my live with.  Soppy shit I know but having someone you can totally trust and rely on is very important.  The ring are /were cheap cos at the time we couldn't afford much, but we still wear them

Baby clothes.   I wasn't really one for kids and having any wasn't planned.  Children change your perspective on life from the moment you know they are coming (and more so from the day they arrive) pretty much from then onwards.  Going out and buying cots and prams was one thing but buying the baby grows made it tangible.

House.  Well, I spend A few years renting and always resented the fact that I was paying for someone else home.  Ive now been paying a mortgage for 19 years and have a couple more to go, but this will them mean my little castle is my own and that provides a sense of security that you simply can never have from renting,

Is that better.   If you had said 4 things that obviously  the next one would be a Strat.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    My car, my Blackmachine and probably my Kemper.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    The lucky dip which won me £125 million, oh no that was a dream

The drink I bought my now wife the night I met her in 2000,  a bottle of budweiser, her thinking it was hilarious that I got her a glass with it.

When I bought my house it was subject to the then owners leaving the rangemaster cooker which spawned a love of cooking.

My first decent guitar a g&l tele which got me hooked for life on single coils.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Black MOTO brand leather jacket from Topman, bought it 20 years when I was 15 & glad I bought it too big as I still wear it now & it fits me ok

Bowers & Wilkins P7/Sennheiser HD600 headphones. Hard to choose between either as I use them both equally, the P7 are closed back & the HD600 are open back, so both bases covered.

Revo SuperConnect Radio. Only had it 1 year, but have used it most days, plus the walnut wood looks great!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
     Investment properties.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    My first mountain bike. I broke my wrist and had an enforced 6 weeks off work. During which time I got a bit stir crazy and ended up buying a mountain bike. This purchase changed my life, I enjoyed biking so much, I went to trail centres and had a blast, decided I wanted an active job, hated being a poor musician and applied to work for TUI (crystal) ended up in Lugano in switzerland, had a life changing 3 month job placement, biked every day and 12 years on I've not lived in England again. Biking is still a huge part of my life and that bike still gets used when pulling the kids in the trailer.

First Snowboard. 2006/7 was an awful snow year. Christmas day I was in Villars sur Ollen looking at green and brown mountains, wearing shorts and sitting in the sun having my croissant on the outside terrace of a bakery. I'd always been a skier. The nursery slopes were open so I and a couple of friends bought snowboards and taught ourselves to snowboard. Typing this whilst sitting on a train at 0550 on my way to Flims Laax to go snowboarding.  

Mac mini 2012. Got it cheap as a demo model. It's been great. Just worked.  Still quick. Can handle reaper/logic so well that I'll never max them out. I can't recall it ever crashing. Will be sad when it does die.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Mail order bride. Not easy keeping her hidden from the wife mind you.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited March 2018
    WezV said:
    Super king size bed

That is all.
    Wisdom - 4’6” for two adults is not conducive to quality sleep. 

We bought ours in 2015 and it’s definitely one of the best things I’ve ever bought.

No. 2 - A dishwasher we bought our first one this year.

No. 3 - iPhone.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27078
    Gibson CS-336. It was my 21st birthday present (with cash topped up from my university summer job), I've played more hours on that guitar than any other, it's been my "go to" for 12 years now and it's basically part of me.  

Noise cancelling headphones. I've only had these 6 months but as a very frequent traveller they've been an absolutely lifesaver in reducing fatigue from travelling. 

SMEG oven. It's the most reliable, controllable cooker I've ever used and I wouldn't be without it now. Worth every penny.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 2018
    74 FS1e £195
    73 Strat £195
    75 Yamaha RD200 £395
    76 Honda Civic £1050
    78 MG Roadster £3070
    1st House £18,950 1981
    Shares Portfolio 1987
    Atari ST and Pro24 and Roland Synths Rig 1988
    and a in 1995 a Sharp PC3100 pocket PC cos later it gave me the knowledge to blag a high powered job at IBM!

Have the value of all these hard fought/saved-for items still today and 6 of the items actual.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

a 4 wheeled Zimmer frame/walking aid  for my Mum , she was really self conscious about being an old lady with a zimmer , but failing health and COPD meant she was running out of options . I bought her a bright blue 4 wheeled walking aid (which looks more modern than a traditional Zimmer and is therefore more acceptable to her !) which has given her the ability to walk more than a few steps .

easily the best money I've ever spent .

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    1. My belt, well at least the buckle because the leather has been replaced. It’s sand cast brass. I’ve used it every day for the last 40 years.
    2. A leather guitar strap. Bought a year or so after the belt, and still in use. It is moulded to the contour of my shoulder.
    3. No idea.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    My pilot's license. Still enjoy every second of it.

My 'new' Strat. Had it twenty two years now and it's earned me far far more than it cost. Case still smells new when you open it.

A tech drawing set I bought (well my parents did) in '71 when I did tech drawing 'O' level. Still use it today.

This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited March 2018
    1. JM Stratocaster. It’s the perfect guitar for me. Nice juicy neck and great pups.
    2. HP elitebook - it’s nice being creative without having to worry about latency, crashes etc. 
    3. Patchbay. Makes life so much easier when you have loads of gear.