Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

KATE BUSH PLAYING LIVE!!!...and I'm Flipping Well Going!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3354

Another 7 dates added yeah? Mmm..I hope she's ok with it all as it's quite a task retuning to this, but by all accounts, she's a perfectionist and wouldn't agree to something she couldn't deliver on, and deliver well on too!

Can anyone confirm if Dave Gilmour will be playing with her or is that just a rumour? If yes, do we know if it's on all dates or some? It would be lovely to have the original guitarist, Ian Bairnson, back in the band - that's his solo at the end of "Wuthering heights" and was the guitarist in Pilot and much of the Alan Parson's Project.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wouldn't it have been awesome if Alan Murphy could've been around for this!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited March 2014
    Kebabkid said:

Can anyone confirm if Dave Gilmour will be playing with her or is that just a rumour? If yes, do we know if it's on all dates or some? It would be lovely to have the original guitarist, Ian Bairnson, back in the band - that's his solo at the end of "Wuthering heights" and was the guitarist in Pilot and much of the Alan Parson's Project.

Cheers

Just rumours/wishes/dreams.

Del Palmer has stated on his Facebook page that he is not involved in anyway (he keeps getting asked about it!).

Maybe Rowan Atkinson will pop up for a reprise performance of "Do Bears..." ;-)

• Ooh, ooh...Peter Gabriel! ;)
    edited March 2014
    Wouldn't it have been awesome if Alan Murphy could've been around for this!
    Gawd bless him. Now that would've been something and KB liked the whale noises he used to produce :)
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    I wonder if they'll rotate special guests? It's a lot of appearances to commit to otherwise.
    I wonder if they'll rotate special guests? It's a lot of appearances to commit to otherwise.

All we know for sure is Kate will be there, and it's called "Before the Dawn", everything else is guess work (but still fun of course).

A lot of people are speculating that the promo photo (in the water with the lifejacket) is a reference to the 'Ninth Wave' suite from Hounds of Love, maybe it is, maybe not.

It could be Kate on piano solo, will she be spending the next few months working out to give us a dance routine (didn't look likely from that awards ceremony she was last at)......could it just be her with a string section....or a full band with Gimour as a key part each night...or a guest spot along with Peter Gabriel, Lenny Henry, Donal Lunny...err Rolf Harris ;-)

Will it be a greatest hits set....will there be new material....?

It's all jolly exciting!...but I imagine it'll all be kept pretty secret until opening night...

Gah. I haven't seen Rolf since glastonbury in the 90's. Can't believe I might miss him.  :(
    edited March 2014
    Gah. I haven't seen Rolf since glastonbury in the 90's. Can't believe I might miss him.  :(

Last I heard he was in court, so might depend on the outcome of that ;-)

Stephen Fry did the voice over on the 50 Word for Snow album...he could stand in for the Painter part in Aerial.

Although didn't Rolf also play his Digerewotsit on The Dreaming?

Kebabkid said:

Another 7 dates added yeah? Mmm..I hope she's ok with it all as it's quite a task retuning to this, but by all accounts, she's a perfectionist and wouldn't agree to something she couldn't deliver on, and deliver well on too!

Cheers

Just listened to that solo again and it's bloody good.

Ended up finding this:

I'm having that!
    @streethawk ;- Ian Bairnson is a superb guitarist and so melodic. If you're not familiar with his guitar work, check out the first 2 KB albums but for more obvious stuff/solos etc, listen to some Alan Parsons Project
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Kebabkid said:
    @streethawk ;- Ian Bairnson is a superb guitarist and so melodic. If you're not familiar with his guitar work, check out the first 2 KB albums but for more obvious stuff/solos etc, listen to some Alan Parsons Project
    The only solo similar to that, that I really dig (not a big Gilmour and his ilk fan, well not yet anyway) is this by Hiram Bullock.

Which I came across thanks to this, starts at 30secs:

I'll check Parsons out, cheers.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited March 2014
    Kebabkid said:

Cheers

The guitar sound at the end of wuthering heights, anyone have a ballpark for how that's done?
    Also, please, anything but Stephen Fry.
    Edit: guess this answers it http://www.ianbairnson.com/gear/amps/amps.htm
    Advice for anyone using the Eventim website to try for Kate Bush tickets in the morning. 

Once you've selected your gig date and quantity there's a countdown timer to complete the purchase, and you don't get long, so: 

1) Register on the site first, that'll save you having to enter your address details 
    2) Watch out for the optional ticket insurance, that's £6 I think and it's ticked as standard. 
    3) There's an option to view a seat plan and pick seats, or an option to "let them select the best seats in that price range".

Best of luck!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I tried and failed to get tickets this morning. Sad times.
    I tried and failed to get tickets this morning. Sad times.

:-(

Been watching it over at the katebushforum.com, a lot in the same boat. Amazing demand for these shows of course.

I just hope they have gone to genuine fans and don't end being sold on.

• I just hope they have gone to genuine fans and don't end being sold on.

You have to turn up with the lead booker who should be carrying photo id...that should help, right?

I just hope they have gone to genuine fans and don't end being sold on.

You have to turn up with the lead booker who should be carrying photo id...that should help, right?

Hopefully, if they really do inforce it.

I've seen that written in the T&Cs for gigs before about photo ID needed but never actually been asked to show it. Might be different for this one as the organisers really seem keen on making sure the tickets don't get sold on.

edited March 2014

First ones listed on ebay :x

(and now sold)

• How much are they risking?