Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

KATE BUSH PLAYING LIVE!!!...and I'm Flipping Well Going!!!

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2014
    Is that all we get?

Ok then... The greatest live show I've ever seen. 

(Some spoilers in this)

Kate's voice was flawless, the band were spot on, but the "show" was the star. It's obvious that every little detail of the show has been obsessed over for a long time. 

Part theatre production, part musical, a comical  conversation between a father and son (Kate's real son) about burning Toad in the Hole, scary bits, magic tricks, etc etc. I've never seen anything like it. 

Started with some regular tracks, a couple from Aerial and some big hits from Hounds of Love, but then it all changes as we get a full performance of "The Ninth Wave"...the concept album second side of Hounds of Love. That's when Kate's vision explodes in front of you...just breathtaking, complete with rescue helicopter searching the audience, and filmed sections of Kate floating in a tank somewhere (same as that promo shot) adrift at sea. 

The second half featured the whole "Sky of Honey" suite from Aerial, with beautiful use of wildlife films (bird song features heavily in that) and more breathtaking sets, plus a mischievous artists model figure (who came to life towards the end). 

A massive crescendo at the end of that with Kate literally taking flight, as a tree crashes into her piano. Amazing. 

First encore was a solo piece, just Kate at the piano and the whole audience were transfixed (and silent) a true shivers down the spine moment. 

A massive finish with one of her greatest songs and a standing ovation from an exhausted but elated audience. 

Apparently 3 nights will be filmed (people have had letters saying their seats have had to be moved due to the late decision to film it) so fingers crossed it's not too long before that comes out.  
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Right, now even more jealous. Some consolation they're filming it I suppose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16403
    For any Bushophiles there is a documentary and a Bush at the Beeb programme on BBC4 tonight.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    For any Bushophiles there is a documentary and a Bush at the Beeb programme on BBC4 tonight.

Looks like the same shows they broadcast the week before the run of gigs started. The docu is excellent.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    I received my poster from the gig.

Was expecting something arty and instead got Kate drowning in the sea. 

Still going on the wall. 
    :D
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10415
    Just watched the documentary.
    Goosebump central.Just awesome.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    if anyone is interested in hearing the show some unofficial recordings are rumored to exist. Nothing to do with me of course but you could PM me if you like.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16078
    ^ :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7430
    Did anyone else feel like they were sitting in an oven for the duration?
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1810
    No 
    It was not hot on my night.

I was blown away at how good and the tone of her voice live, actually leaps ahead of the album sound at times. 

I went back and listened to a few tracks and live it was so much more vibrant and richer.

Bloody hot when I was there..especially being in the cheap seats up in the gods!