Am I mental ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    edited April 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm targeting Guildford and Margate first.
    Well at least he's not getting a flight manifest, he's getting a manifesto out .He's grown up into our own little Unabomber.

Note to authorities: I shouldn't waste to much resources on a manhunt.  This guy's got a to-do list longer than a prog rock song.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24655
    boogieman said:
    Perhaps he’s going to bomb Guildford first then crash in flames in Margate later? 
    I hadn’t thought of that!  Top marks old bean!

Actually, it might cause more shock and awe if I land in Margate, pick up a load of pissed-up chavs then fly them to Guildford.  I haven’t worked out what I can do to Margate yet though.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27955
    Emp_Fab said:

I haven’t worked out what I can do to Margate yet though.
    You mean, what you could do that wouldn't be an improvement?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Emp_Fab said:
    boogieman said:
    Perhaps he’s going to bomb Guildford first then crash in flames in Margate later? 
    I hadn’t thought of that!  Top marks old bean!

Actually, it might cause more shock and awe if I land in Margate, pick up a load of pissed-up chavs then fly them to Guildford.  I haven’t worked out what I can do to Margate yet though.

Sorry, but you've just failed your pilot's examination.

No way a proper pilot would allow a load of pissed-up people on his plane, never mind chavs.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    when we were scallies out on the streets, we would have loved to go out mental detecting...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Not true - look at any of the airlines.  It's not the pilots' job to vet the passengers - that's down to the airport, gate and cabin attendant staff.  As long as they weren't so wasted before takeoff that they were all kicking off, in which case the Captain could refuse to fl.......   

Yeah.... you have a point.  Where in Margate could I get reasonably-behaved drunk people ?

Now.... if I could get a plane load of sober chavs and have a free bar on the pl...   No, that's not going to work either...

SHIT.

There must be a way to get a planeload of people on at Margate, who don't kick off before takeoff, and get into such a state by the time we land that the gentle middle-classes of Guildford run screaming from their homes.

• SporkySporky Frets: 29137
    I think you may have an unrealistic view of the gentlefolk of Guildford.

We're in the top ten for UK firearms certificate density. Drunk chavs make for excellent practice. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Emp_Fab said:
    As long as they weren't so wasted before takeoff
    Are you talking about the passengers, or the pilots?

Actually, it's not the booze that's the problem round these parts, it's the skag.

You'd be well advised to overbook the flight, cos it's a cast-iron certainty that a few of them will have overdosed before they get on the plane.

About time us concerned travellers were given an update. Are you any closer to the cockpit yet?

edited May 2018
    No.  In a nutshell, I've been giving it some serious thought and it's slowly dawning on me how unfair this would be on Mrs Fab.  I would be squandering every penny we have on a slim chance at getting a job at the end of it that would, given my age, be unlikely to break even on my investment in the training.  Yeah, I might get to fly planes, but, at what cost ?  I'd be away from her and Pugsley for significant amounts of time for the training and at the end of it, I might not even get a job.  That would be a real kick in the bollocks - to have spent everything I have for our retirement and have nothing to show for it.  I know that's not a certain outcome, but neither is me getting a job with an airline, and of the two scenarios, the former is undoubtedly more likely.

It just boils down to whether I want to roll those dice or not.  Also, recent events on the health front has reminded me that I'm not exactly in my physical prime and who knows what might come along to derail my plans - and, again, given my age, that is more likely than when I was a younger man.

I've not come to a final decision yet but as much as I want it, I have to be realistic about the future.

In the meantime, I'm definitely going to have a bash at gliding this summer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12547
    I'm only being devils advocate here, you could see if you could trade Mrs Fab in for a younger model who would hang around long enough to spend that cash then leave you.  Net result still no money and an angry wife but flying planes versus hot chicks.

Just a thought...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Flying planes vs Hot chicks is no contest.  I’d rather be Boeinging than Bonking.  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Why is it flying planes versus hot chicks? How about flying planes and hot chicks?  It's not mutually exclusive.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Why is it flying planes versus hot chicks? How about flying planes and hot chicks?  It's not mutually exclusive.
    I reckon good health and good vision would be far more important when flying hot chicks..
    Bridgehouse said: 
    I reckon good health and good vvision would be far more important when flying hot chicks..
    I don't believe that sort of negative thinking held back Howard J. Marshall from enjoying his marriage to Anna Nicole Smith.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    Emp_Fab said:
    No.  In a nutshell, I've been giving it some serious thought and it's slowly dawning on me how unfair this would be on Mrs Fab.  I would be squandering every penny we have on a slim chance at getting a job at the end of it that would, given my age, be unlikely to break even on my investment in the training.  Yeah, I might get to fly planes, but, at what cost ?  I'd be away from her and Pugsley for significant amounts of time for the training and at the end of it, I might not even get a job.  That would be a real kick in the bollocks - to have spent everything I have for our retirement and have nothing to show for it.  I know that's not a certain outcome, but neither is me getting a job with an airline, and of the two scenarios, the former is undoubtedly more likely.

It just boils down to whether I want to roll those dice or not.  Also, recent events on the health front has reminded me that I'm not exactly in my physical prime and who knows what might come along to derail my plans - and, again, given my age, that is more likely than when I was a younger man.

I've not come to a final decision yet but as much as I want it, I have to be realistic about the future.

In the meantime, I'm definitely going to have a bash at gliding this summer.
    have a wis. As that eminent philosopher, Mick Jagger, once said, 'you can't always get what you want', and maybe peace, freedom from financial worry, and a quiet and trouble-free life with Mrs Fab is just 'what you need' (in the words of the same philosopher). 

I could try and go racing, but I'd rather focus on the day job and do a few trackdays instead, making sure that the sums add up and my marriage stays intact. 

Emp_Fab said:
    I would be squandering every penny we have on a slim chance at getting a job at the end of it that would, given my age, be unlikely to break even on my investment in the training.  Yeah, I might get to fly planes, but, at what cost ? 
    I must say, I'm really rather disappointed*.
    :(

You had a dream.  A dream.  And now you're just giving it all up???  

Where would the human race be if all of our pioneers through the millennia had given up on their dreams so easily?  I know, still miserable, subsistence living in caves with no thought of art or literature, no culture or finer things.  (Oops, sorry, I forgot you lived in South Wales - forget that bit).

So you're abandoning your dreams, just because of a bit of rational thinking, mixed with a dose of common sense and reality?  Bring back the real Emp_Fab!

*disappointed because I thought this thread had much more to give yet.  And now it's all over.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Don't worry, @TTony , I think the @Emp_Fab you love will be reincarnated in Moderators: Reality War part 2.