What is the best guitar you have ever played?

What's Hot

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    DeeTee said:
    Oddly, one of the original Les Paul Faded Studios. I've tried "better," but this was just very me. No bling, just good woods and pickups. Super resonant. I loved it. I'd still like one. 
    Yes, I had one too. I had a cherry one. A really great guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • An original 72 thinline Tele that had been played to death and was worn all over- ended up selling it to @St_Hubbins who also regretted moving on later.

Ad far as modern guitars a Private Stock PRS 594 I got from @Grampa . Just absolutely sublime , even the pickups which for me are usually the bit I don’t like on PRS.  Sold it as it was just too gorgeous and I was scared to take it out 
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    edited February 2023
    Without doubt the easiest player I've ever had is a CS (1960 relic) Telecaster.
    Just seems to fit me well. Haven't touched my LP in 4 months.lol

• ditchboyditchboy Frets: 317
    edited February 2023
    My Martin OM28. I bought it blind but when I first played it, it felt like it had been played in for 20 years and it’s brand new. Such an open instrument. 
  • BigAl100BigAl100 Frets: 105
    2007 Charvel USA Bullseye, I found at Richtone for a bargain price... years ago, before Charvel had its resurgence. I took a gamble on it, as it looked great and I love the classic US Charvel vibe. I still have it today as it feels like an extension of me. Totally effortless to play and sings. It's funny as it was made in the changeover period where Fender bought Charvel and just blasted out guitars from the old stock. The sum of the parts has made an amazing guitar (for me, at least) 
  • Gordon Smith Tele
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3534
    My Kiesel Vader 7. Absolutely perfect in all regards. I'll never buy another guitar that isn't a Kiesel. Incredible company which is constantly improving and adding more options to their lineup. Truly a 21st century guitar company, unlike the vast majority who are stuck in the past.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This one 

https://i.imgur.com/1L8PLLT.jpeg

everything a tele should be but lighter than air 

tremendous guitar 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ''unlike the vast majority who are stuck in the past'' & that's exactly where I'm staying. :)
  • Please no, not this pointless thread again, raising the unanswerable question that I hoped we’d seen the back of five years ago… :o
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We asked a panel of 100 individuals in a survey to name a guitar brand ?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12548
    There are three guitars I currently own which I will never sell and after >45 years of playing are also the 'best' I've played (well they're my favourites):

• 1989 Strat Plus which I bought when it was 2 years old.  Sublime neck, fingerboard and action.  The original Lace Sensors in neck and middle and an SD in the bridge.  Sounds great but not a lightweight.
    • 2008(?) Parker Southern Nitefly, bought from this forum.  Just a wonderful guitar - extremely light and super-comfortable to play.  Fantastic carbon-wrapped neck and carbon fretboard.  Smooth low SS frets, great SD pickups and a proper Tele sound.  Fishman piezo bridge for acoustic-y sounds that can be blended with the SDs.  A delight to pick up and play.  I'll be the first to admit Parkers are very Marmite when it comes to aesthetics, but I've always loved the way they look.
    • 2000 US Tele.  Battered to buggery when I bought it but Rich R refinished it and brought it back to life.  Nice medium-chunky neck, lovely low action, DiMarzio Twang King in bridge and original Fender in neck.  Adore it - feels so right in the hand.  Again, it's no lightweight - but then again none of my guitars feel light when picked up after playing the Parker :-)

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2228
    edited February 2023
     Someone once asked me what's the best guitar in the world. My answer was that I already own it and that it's my American Standard HSS Strat.

I also own the best Telecaster and Les Paul that I've played. But my Strat is the one.

Well nearly 5 years later and now I'd have to say my Ibanez AZ2204 Prestige is the best sounding and most versatile guitar I've played.

https://i.imgur.com/0WOQ6Aj.jpg

It's not a competition.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31244
    My Lifeson Axcess is right up there- insanely good in every aspect, the most beautiful fit and finish, incredible action, but I guess I'll always come back to the 1966 Telecaster.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    My Lifeson Axcess is right up there- insanely good in every aspect, the most beautiful fit and finish, incredible action, but I guess I'll always come back to the 1966 Telecaster.
    Funny enough I’m currently sitting here listening to Moving Pictures and trying to convince myself I don’t need the Epiphone version 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Currently a close tie between a Fender masterbuilt 60’s Strat (John Cruz) and a Novo Serus J. 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 207
    edited February 2023
    MARTIN  M36
  • It requires quite a dig into the memory banks to go between a bunch, which would ultimately include and be for totally different reasons, from its refinement and feel to the all out vibe (SG!):

The PRS Modern Eagle Quatro that @Chris78 has and the one I own;
    The PJE Macon Singlecut that @andy1839 now owns;
    My Jackson Soloist;
    My Feline Lion;
    My Suhr Modern;
    My SG/Williams.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2213
    It requires quite a dig into the memory banks to go between a bunch, which would ultimately include and be for totally different reasons, from its refinement and feel to the all out vibe (SG!):

The PRS Modern Eagle Quatro that @Chris78 has and the one I own;
    The PJE Macon Singlecut that @andy1839 now owns;
    My Jackson Soloist;
    My Feline Lion;
    My Suhr Modern;
    My SG/Williams.
    Yeah, that Macon is a great guitar, but the Macon Jr is a belter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 281
    A Zemaitis 12 that was owned by my Dad’s best mate, a 1963 fiesta red Strat at Vintage and Rare in Bath, the ES330 that @stickyfiddle sold me., my Custom Shop 56 Strat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom