Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axe_FX II Rigs, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Digital Modelling.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited May 2015
    14-18 would be a big leap, 18 resets advanced parameters IIRC, including losing speaker tab tweaks. 19 looks like it will change drive volumes which will muck up gain staging on patches. I think your reverbs might also change (was that 16?) and one of the modulation blocks would reset itself u helpfully I've forgotten which. It'd be a lot of work if you had numerous complex patches.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    @guitarfishbay nice one.  Ta.   

So the RC booster has been G3'd.   Liking it.  Does just what you want from a clean boost.

Tried the tubscreamer next TS808 OD.  Actually sounds like a tubescreamer this time.   Have to say I didn't like the older version of this in the Axefx but like this new version of it.  Set it Mayer style, low drive, high level on a the lonestar clean amp set to edge of breakup.  Sounds quite sweet to me!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    I've had a stable setup for a while- my patches are very complicated in places and I didn't want to mess with my levels, especially levels between patches.

I will update to V18 quite soon though, I am on holidays in 2 weeks time for the summer.
    I've also been busy with uni and such.
    edited May 2015
    The tubescreamer is the dogs.  Bloody love it.  Sod all your presets, update for this :)

My patches are pretty simple to be honest.  I used the plexi 100, SLP 59 and the Lonestar clean/lead all with some delay and reverb.  Don't play with much gain but not noticing much difference to these amp tones.
    The Esoteric RC and TS808 OD drive pedals react well with the guitar volume. 

Going to build a pedal platform with the Lonestar clean lol.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

I read on the Fractal forum that the AX8 was coming out in October. I wasn't expecting it that soon.

They answered quite a lot of the questions asked by the forumites, but refused to be drawn on the price. I wonder what we will see 'em at through G66.

edited May 2015
    Do you mean the FX8?
    It is already out in the US- at least it says it is 'in stock and ready to ship' for those on the US waiting list.
    We are waiting for EU stock.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    Fx8 and ax8 are different. The fx8 only has fx in a floor based unit. The ax8 is thd some footprint a the fx but has amp Sims as well. Only 1 instance if each and less routing, but handy.
    Fx8 and ax8 are different. The fx8 only has fx in a floor based unit. The ax8 is thd some footprint a the fx but has amp Sims as well. Only 1 instance if each and less routing, but handy.
    Oh really, I am out of touch.
    When was this announced?
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited May 2015
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

There is a thread on Fractal forum about it where they have been releasing little bits of information about it.

It seems like AX8 might be the perfect solution for me. I gave up with digital only because it didn't sound amp like enough, I'd always loved the convenience of Boss stuff in particular.

There is talk of it being aggressively priced too... around a grand.

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    bugger.. that might tempt me back to an AxeFx..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    It's not for you, @Si_. I don't think you'd enjoy it. :P
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Probably true :) looking at going Kemper this time, but the ax8 is tempting if the price is attractive
    It looks like a great pedal board.
    As much as I love it, I need to replace my 2x12 and BE-100 head.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    I wonder what they'll do for power-amp/cab sims?

If it's just an AxeFX in a floor box I can see alot of people plugging it into the front of a Marshall and being unhappy customers...
    The biggest improvement IMHO is the addition of the tone controls as proper knobs. It makes the whole thing a lot more user friendly and easier to tweak in a live situation. That was always one of my bug bears when I used mine live.
    chrispy108;651669" said:

If it's just an AxeFX in a floor box I can see alot of people plugging it into the front of a Marshall and being unhappy customers...
    I don't know. It could be quite a nifty unit for the traditional amp 'n' cab user. All you have to do is not use the amp and cab sims, and let the good times roll.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528

If they drop a grand on a pedal and don't read the manual then that's their problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom