Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• The box to which I previously referred is doing its job! I found the effects of and corrected a software fault in the control program's message handling code, and have spent a happy half hour flicking switches and watching the software make the appropriate reactions :)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11043
    I love your IT posts Phil! I don't understand them but they're very happy!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    Guitargeek62’s Schaller tuners turned up today. Rickenbacker trapeze tailpiece is on its way. I can't wait to fit them to my Jim Harley 330. John Hall will be mad with rage.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I done managed to get a yellow belt in Ju Jitsu, at the cost of some nice owies.

I is a bit happy, if sore.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • "Out for delivery."

B-)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    edited December 2013
    I have a hangover.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be smiley-happy, but I went to the pub last night, to meet up with a couple of the guys from the band I quit in a red mist a year ago. It was good to just sit and chat, especially after the ever-increasing stress and disasters of the last month or two. I haven't managed to get out much at all since...oh, probably about September. Add the fact that I work from home, and I basically haven't had external human contact for months apart from the band.

So yeah...pub. Great :)
    <space for hire>
    Nice. You should have had a spoon of honey before going to bed! Eliminates hangovers. It's unbelievable.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Nice. You should have had a spoon of honey before going to bed! Eliminates hangovers. It's unbelievable.
    Funnily enough, I usually have a salt and pepper sandwich (gets rid of the spinny-room problem) and a pint of something sugary, like lemonade.

Unfortunately I got in at about 1am and the wife and daughter had to be at work for 5:30am, so I didn't want to do my usual crashing-about-the-house-looking-for-food thing.
    <space for hire>
    No, has to be honey. It has an enzyme that processes the alcohol more quickly so you have your hangover while still asleep. It really works!
  • Right, I'll try that if I get a chance. I tend to drink rarely, though - I probably have more than 3 pints maybe three or four times in a year - so I'll probably forget this advice when I most need it next ;)
    <space for hire>
    That's the opposite of me - I keep a jar by the bed.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    ...just worked out that being unmarried (but a long time livE-in ex who's a right bitch WHO DOES NOT EXCHANGE GIFTS), no kids, only Mum left, that Christmas 2013 has cost me the miserly sum of £40...

Happy New Year to me with my MASSIVE spending Budget then!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Homemade cranberry sauce. OMG never buying jar stuff again :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    That's the opposite of me - I keep a jar by the bed.

That's not for a hangover cure though is it?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Multifunctional.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2013
    The genius that is Robert Keeley has just commented on one of my youtube videos calling it sick and 'wet' [sic]. I'm honoured! I knew about sick - and even bad - but wet?
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Maybe your playing made him rather moist @viz. And why not?
    Yes I expect that's it lol. Actually, according to Urban Dictionary we have:
    1)when a girl is horny and leak vaginal fluid
    2)when someone has a bedwetting accident
    3)to smoke PCP
    1)Whenever my girlfriend sees me, her vagina becomes very wet.
    2)Oh, crap! I just wet my bed and ruined a pair of underwear.
    3)I've gone off the wet.

You're suggesting the first one, yes?
  • viz said:
    Yes I expect that's it lol. Actually, according to Urban Dictionary we have:
    1)when a girl is horny and leak vaginal fluid
    2)when someone has a bedwetting accident
    3)to smoke PCP
    1)Whenever my girlfriend sees me, her vagina becomes very wet.
    2)Oh, crap! I just wet my bed and ruined a pair of underwear.
    3)I've gone off the wet.

You're suggesting the first one, yes?
    Maybe he meant "Wet" as in a Wet Strat tone?

I've heard of the "Wet" tone.

Trust me to try and explain it when I'm pished.