R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader

Join lines are odd.. Ive never really looked hard at it before..

You can see it from one angle and not another

https://i.imgur.com/CsIyUUv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/khHxThK.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    pmbomb said:
    Why not just send it back? Seems odd.
    3 year, interest free loan?
    That is the only explanation I can think of. Otherwise what’s the point!?
  • pmbomb said:
    If an original buyer uses the loan option... then sells the guitar... and goes on to default on the loan... does that mean the 2nd owner would have to surrender the guitar to the finance company? (I think it works that way with cars that have outstanding finance).
    Good luck tracking the guitar down. 

It's an unsecured loan so they would just set the dogs on you if they can't find the goods. Even if they *did* repossess the guitar, they'd sell it quickly and cheaply and pursue you for the loss. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    It is possible GG would’ve take a lower price if no interest free finance was taken. They offered me one of their R9s for £3300 if bought outright compared to the £3499 on 0%. Perhaps they did the same for this guy with this R8.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperben said:
    It is possible GG would’ve take a lower price if no interest free finance was taken. They offered me one of their R9s for £3300 if bought outright compared to the £3499 on 0%. Perhaps they did the same for this guy with this R8.
    Now... that is interesting!
  • hyperben said:
    Given the rate they were flying off the shelves, I doubt they'd have offered a discount. Didn't someone on here buy two? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Have you guys really not got anything better to do on a Sunday night?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    pmbomb said:
    If an original buyer uses the loan option... then sells the guitar... and goes on to default on the loan... does that mean the 2nd owner would have to surrender the guitar to the finance company? (I think it works that way with cars that have outstanding finance).
     No. I checked this myself once when I bought a guitar from someone that had bought it from Andertons on credit. They can’t come after you for the goods. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    hyperben said:
    Given the rate they were flying off the shelves, I doubt they'd have offered a discount. Didn't someone on here buy two? 
    Someone even bought 3. And according to that poll someone else bought 4 and another bought 8!? Not sure everyone told the truth on that poll.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16918
    Rabs said:

https://i.imgur.com/CsIyUUv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/khHxThK.jpg

From one angle you are seeing Light not reflecting from the  ends of the wood cells  (dark). From the other you are seeing light reflecting from  the sides of those cells  (light).  As you move the guitar the amount of reflection you see changes.  

This is what makes rift sawn tops look two tone from certain angles and wood figuring look so dynamic in real life.

But you really should have linked to the half and half in your post.  That would have been funnier ;)
  • Have you guys really not got anything better to do on a Sunday night?
    I have to go back to school tomorrow...so for the first time in six weeks I have to stay sober

• Doug said:
    Playing mine into some Dirty Shirley and Victory V50 profiles on the Kemper and just wow! I love this guitar.

It just oozes vintage and classic rock/blues. I can't believe how different it is from my 2017 Standard, they're honestly like two opposite ends of the spectrum, which is obviously great for me.

Excuse the ugly join line on the Standard ;-)

+ the Fat, poorly proportioned/shaped headstock that appears on all the recent USA lines. Bring back the 2002 shaped ones on the USA lines  your R8 looks bloody lovely btw.
    Yeah you're right, the whole thing just makes me sick ;-)

And yep the R8 is a beauty, thank you :-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    Rabs said:

From one angle you are seeing Light not reflecting from the  ends of the wood cells  (dark). From the other you are seeing light reflecting from  the sides of those cells  (light).  As you move the guitar the amount of reflection you see changes.  

This is what makes rift sawn tops look two tone from certain angles and wood figuring look so dynamic in real life.

But you really should have linked to the half and half in your post.  That would have been funnier

Haha damn a missed opportunity ...  yeah I get all that...  Its just odd ive never really though about it much or looked closely.... I guess cos it doesn't really matter in any way shape or form 
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3491
    edited September 2018
    hyperben said:
    hyperben said:
    Someone even bought 3. And according to that poll someone else bought 4 and another bought 8!? Not sure everyone told the truth on that poll.
    Yep, lots of pissing about. Shame. Was hoping to use it as a basis for a decent blog post. Pricks.

Edit: sincerest thanks to those who filled it in properly though 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Jonathanthomas83 ...if I filled it out properly, but I'm still a bit of a prick...do I still get the thanks? 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited September 2018
    terada said:
    Well I ended up taking my one back. The one I got looked and played superb, but was a little darker than I was hoping with my set up. Bet it would have sounded great through a silver or blackface fender.

@terada that's obviously a little disappointing, as it looks a very nice guitar.  But out of interest, what's the deal with Peach on returns (was it bought in store or on-line?) - and what's your set-up that you felt it didn't fit in with?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited September 2018
    Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace    TRIGGER WARNING:ITS A JOKE 
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    edited September 2018
    Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace
    No probs, I'll get the wife to buy it for me and return it...she has no balls to kick.  Hold on, what am I saying? She's got more balls than I have!vrolijk_1 lolk 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace
    Eh? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently Peach have a clause in their returns policy which gives them the legal right to deliver a sharp kick in the balls to anyone who returns to them a guitar for any reason other than it being faulty or damaged- so hows that for the supposedly "great Peach customer service" then?! Absolute drisgace
    Eh? 
    Eh... indeed.
    Not sure why anybody would post something like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom