R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    Those stickers peel off and can be put back on easily - just keep them inside the COA booklet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    Worrying about the re-sale already? Slight nick and "that'll be £200"...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmg said:
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

Firstly, is there really nobody who got carried away and bought one, only to have a change of heart and decide to return it?

And secondly, is anyone else feeling a little bit sad about taking the Gibson Custom sticker off the pickguard??
    Mine's still on there and will likely stay for a while. Fuck it, nobody else is seeing it. Not like I'll ever gig it.
    Why wouldn’t you gig it mate?
    Ha, only because I don't have a band, fella. I'll probably take it for a jam with my mate one day, with any luck :-)
    Or a fretboard jam? I'm taking mine to the Leicester and Huddersfield hams, where I fully expect @pmbomb to need Kleenex once he's had a go
    Not a bad shout, hoping there'll be one closer to home, one day.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pmg said:
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

Firstly, is there really nobody who got carried away and bought one, only to have a change of heart and decide to return it?

And secondly, is anyone else feeling a little bit sad about taking the Gibson Custom sticker off the pickguard??
    Mine's still on there and will likely stay for a while. Fuck it, nobody else is seeing it. Not like I'll ever gig it.
    Why wouldn’t you gig it mate?
    Ha, only because I don't have a band, fella. I'll probably take it for a jam with my mate one day, with any luck :-)
    Or a fretboard jam? I'm taking mine to the Leicester and Huddersfield hams, where I fully expect @pmbomb to need Kleenex once he's had a go
    S' ok I've moved an and am now avidly hunting down a Hello Kitty Strat.**

** not really.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    Let me guess .. £2500.00?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
  • Brize said:
    Those stickers peel off and can be put back on easily - just keep them inside the COA booklet.
    The best thing is to reattach it over the serial number.

After a number of years the ‘only’ way to remove it will be to use something so sharp that it renders the number illegible - giving you ‘true’ vintage mojo....
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    gringopig said:
    You can have 10 of them for that!
    I'll take the lot.
  • The Hello Kitty R9-Lives VOS
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

A few times I have thought why the hell did a buy this when I should have bought the PRS 594 Singlecut that I keep drooling over.

But then one of two things happens, I pick it up and play it, or remind myself the PRS I want is £4k

I will continue to keep an eye out for my old original run PRS SC250 Satin in Vintage Natural, with 10 top and birds, that I really shouldn’t have sold around 6 years ago though. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9595
    dbphoto said:
    Hattigol said:
    So, two things.

A few times I have thought why the hell did a buy this when I should have bought the PRS 594 Singlecut that I keep drooling over.

But then one of two things happens, I pick it up and play it, or remind myself the PRS I want is £4k

I will continue to keep an eye out for my old original run PRS SC250 Satin in Vintage Natural, with 10 top and birds, that I really shouldn’t have sold around 6 years ago though. 
    Mark has had this one for a bit

https://www.guitars4you.co.uk/guitars/4969-prs-sc245-10-top-bird-inlays-vintage-natural-used2007/
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited September 2018
    Cheers, but not quite right as no birds or satin finish.
  • Each to their own, I guess, but after playing this guitar for the best part of 4 days now, and with quite a bit of experience with PRS guitars, I'd not swap it. Don't get me wrong, they're both awesome at what they do, but this Gibson is what I've been searching for. As said, each to their own.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Yep, they're different beats. Owning both is the way to go ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Twinfan said:
    Yep, they're different beats. Owning both is the way to go ;)
    Ha, I agree.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited September 2018
    Lousy timing. I'd love a new R8 but until our big building project at home is done and I can sell an investment property I don't have the funds, so missed the boat. Ah well. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Looks like we're getting some movement on some returns!!! Buyers remorse, maybe?

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Well I ended up taking my one back. The one I got looked and played superb, but was a little darker than I was hoping with my set up. Bet it would have sounded great through a silver or blackface fender.

Anyway, for those who are looking for an R8 that is a lightweight 8lb10oz, and that feels superb to play, I'm sure it will be up for sale again soon at Peach.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom