Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    If I worked on Hyundai’s support desk, the last photo Emp posted would have me cringing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9704
    edited July 2019
    How different?

This different?

Best post this year... genuinely roared with laughter...
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Nooooooooooo!!!  Oh, Emp, I'm so sorry to read this - gutted for you.

How different?

This different?

Best post this year... genuinely roared with laughing...
    I still thought he was having us on at the time.

He wasn’t - and it’s pretty depressing really. I’d be livid too - and Hyundai UK would be getting the ear bashing of the year. 

This thead has been entertaining - I guess this is another dip in the rollercoaster ride. 

I’m genuinely looking forward to the “my new car” post in the future now 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    Im really sorry for you Emp.  Ive been looking forward to catching up with this all day and to see that its gone so badly wrong is heartbreaking.  I seriously feel for you.

As soon as you can you need to put this in writing to Hawkins and Hyundai.  State that you have had a wasted day based on poor information and a lacklustre service and you are out of pocket due to their actions.  Make it clear that as a minimum you want to be put back in the financial position you would have been if they had been upfront about the issues with the car.    You should tell them that you want a response within 10 working days.   You might want to consider a small claims action to recover your train fare if they dont response favourably.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9704
    I must say, it was inevitable that something would be wrong with the car... @Emp_Fab you are a strange character, and I feel for you here, but I just knew you'd find something wrong.

The car is horrific anyway mate. You'd never sell that colour, and they are a poor car in any colour. Put it down to experience, let go of the frustration, and buy something closer to home mate.

Forget reviews. Just go on your instinct and DRIVE one. 

I've been searching myself for a new one, and it is a minefield. 

But thanks for the laughs anyway; Ive genuinely roared tonight - and apologies its at your pain and expense. :)
  • There has been plenty of Good humoured piss taking in the thread but gutted at the ending.

Similar happened to me with a Skoda main dealer forgetting to mention that the 2018 car I was buying was a 2017 model until I drove 3 hrs there to view it.  

In the end I bought a motor from a Skoda main dealer in the new forest ( 4hrs away) I drove down on a detour from work and checked it over after paying a holding deposit then had a 7hr train journey a few weeks later to collect. You’ll get your happy ending mate. 

Does anyone live near the other on AT and can check it over on EMPs behalf? 
    There has been plenty of Good humoured piss taking in the thread but gutted at the ending.

Similar happened to me with a Skoda main dealer forgetting to mention that the 2018 car I was buying was a 2017 model until I drove 3 hrs there to view it.  

In the end I bought a motor from a Skoda main dealer in the new forest ( 4hrs away) I drove down on a detour from work and checked it over after paying a holding deposit then had a 7hr train journey a few weeks later to collect. You’ll get your happy ending mate. 

Does anyone live near the other on AT and can check it over on EMPs behalf? 
    It's about an hour from me.

If @Emp_Fab is serious about it, I'd happily drive up and have a look at it, and take some pics.. 

But I'd be getting Hyundai to deliver it to him on a 14-day money back if he doesn't like it deal..
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    If that's an approved used car, then it should have met Hyundai's standards. So either the dealer is at fault (the car doesn't meet the standard) or Hyundai's standards are very poor. 

I'm gutted for you, an approved used car really should be a great example of the model.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    I think it is time to face the facts and just lease.
  • I think it is time to face the facts and just lease.
    What facts are those?
    edited July 2019
    What facts are those?
    The universe not complying, luck not on his side and that he has been too picky when the cars were fine, plus he has lost the appetite to look anymore.
  • I think it is time to face the facts and just lease.
    What facts are those?
    The universe not complying, luck not on his side and that he has been too picky when the cars were fine, plus he has lost the appetite to look anymore.
    Not sure how any of that means leasing is the answer.
    Probably more constructive to let EmpFab get over today's disappointment, so he can decide how he wants to move forward (no pun intended!).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019
    What facts are those?
    Not sure how any of that means leasing is the answer.
    Probably more constructive to let EmpFab get over today's disappointment, so he can decide how he wants to move forward (no pun intended!).
    It means he will get a new car.  No damage, no smoke, perfect condition.

No disappointment.

And a car.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1750
    The dealership will have known all along about that colour difference.They'll just be hoping that some mug comes along and buys it without noticing. A similar thing has happened to me in the last couple of weeks. Me and Mrs Ronny have been looking for a car for her and saw the make and model she fancies about 20 miles away. The colour was silver and the rear offside passenger door was completely different to the front, obviously resprayed. We pointed it out to the salesman and in his own words he said 'I think Stevie Wonder sprayed that' This was a car that was nearly £13k. We walked away. I happened to be passing the same place today so just out of curiosity thought i'd have a look to see if they'd done anything about it. It was still there, same condition and same price.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2504
    I had a similar experience with a garage trying to sell a used Clio which had either a blown head gasket or a cracked engine block. There was water in the oil. I showed them the oil filler cap and walked away. They weren't bothered, obviously knew the issue was there
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12506
    Just seen this. Sorry Emp, what a pisser.  :s
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1177
    I've just seen this too.  I was excited for you this morning Emp, good on you for walking.  That Hyundai dealer is really taking the piss.  As previous correspondents have said, take it to Hyundai UK.
    I'm as pissed off as you Emp, I was looking forward to the photos and account of the drive home.
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Come on Emp, it's not over yet so let's get back to it. After seeing one in the flesh are you still hooked on the Veloster? 
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Especially given this was a main dealer I would be politely but firmly giving Hyundai hell over this.

Which reminds me, I need to make sure my good friend gives Arnold Clark hell as she was telling me a couple of days ago that after dropping her couple of year old Dacia Duster off for a service with them they said it needed a new exhaust, at £900, plus as the wheels had not been removed since new they were rusted on, which would be a big job.....

Local independent garage looked at it and said exhaust is fine, one of the mounts just needed clipped back on and the wheels came off fine.

and hold on, as part of her service package she paid for they have not removed the wheels to check the brakes at any or every service so far!?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom